Taylor Swift goes woke

7,557 Views | 116 Replies | Last: 2 mo ago by AunBear89
okaydo
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Go woke, go broke!

going4roses
Interesting on the other side certain Black folks are mad he dropped his Black gf . The world is really confusing
Tell someone you love them and try to have a good day
oski003
going4roses said:

Interesting on the other side certain Black folks are mad he dropped his Black gf . The world is really confusing

Sometimes relationships don't work out. Their forming or dissolving is not based on the race of the people involved. I can see how folks who make everything about race can be confused.
okaydo
going4roses
Hmm dumb ? I don't see that part she seems to be quite a business woman … can't say I have partaken in her catalog to make any judgment
okaydo
wifeisafurd
okaydo said:

Per Forbes she is worth $750 million. Dumb all the way to the bank.
bearister
….that promises to be a cataclysmic coupling.

I think it would broaden her appeal if she dated someone edgier and psychotic, you know, like Maxx Crosby.

Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
blungld
wifeisafurd said:

okaydo said:

Per Forbes she is worth $750 million. Dumb all the way to the bank.
She is not dumb. Maybe not some people's type of music (too pop for me), but she is an incredible talent as both a performer and songwriter. Pretty universally seen as top notch by other musicians.
bearister
My hatred of Modern music is well documented here. I don't like her music but I respect her and her generosity.
going4roses
Exactly
going4roses
Hate or not your choice
Unit2Sucks
People underestimate Taylor Swift because she's popular and a woman. If she were a man she would be called a musical genius but as we've seen from the recent Jan Wenner stuff, there is still bigotry in music.

I don't really like much of Taylor's new music but I chalk that up more to her taking on new challenges so it's not meant as criticism.

Here's a good testament to her talent from Imogen Heap.
Quote:

I have to be honest here and say I had ever so slightly not done my homework on Taylor Swift but had done what I HATE others do of me, which is to pre-judge a person based on assumptions. I had assumed Taylor didn't write too much of her own music (as is the case with many young, extremely successful artists these days who sell shed loads of records) and was likely puppeteered by an ageing gang of music executives, working to formulas and spread sheets. How wrong was I? Totally clued up from a very young age (I had no idea what a publishing label even was at the age of 14 never mind moving my family to nashville so I could pursue a song-writing career!), hyper driven, hard working, really talented and a genuine lovely soul, with a few more boy troubles than she most but you can't get it all right all the time!
Felt I wanted to share the experience, as it was a special one. I've also been reading the odd report or tweet here and there that the reason these lyrics to 'Clean' are so good is because I wrote the song with her but FOR SURE they are all hers she deserves all the credit!
She is a cold blooded killer of a business woman and deserves credit for it.

When Scooter Braun bought the rights to her recordings, she re-recorded EVERYTHING during the pandemic and re-released them. Some friends of ours were close to Braun and his wife and, even though they were on team anti-Taylor, everything I heard made her sound like someone you don't want to mess with.

She's also written songs for other people (sometimes under a pen name). She wrote Calvin Harris's biggest song under a pen name so as not to overshadow him and only acknowledged her role to burn him for later saying he would never collaborate with her.

I don't really pay attention to her personal life which seems to always be a mess but I don't see how anyone can fail to respect her accomplishments in music creatively and as a business.
going4roses
Her Get money ethos is undeniable
prospeCt

BearHunter
okaydo said:

Go woke, go broke!

Imagine if Biden wore a dress or knelt during the national anthem like Kelce. I would respect him immediately.
blungld
Other top musicians know her talent. Songwriters are taken by her chops especially when she was young and so advanced. I have taken several song writing classes and we will invariably break down a song by her because it is so instructive and such high level fundamentally and technically. I never listen to her myself but I respect talent and calling her dumb is dumb. Just petty name calling anyone or anything you disagree with politically.
okaydo
okaydo
Unit2Sucks
okaydo said:

It's hilarious how much impotent rage these losers can muster. I hope someday they find out what their grifter heroes really think of them.
dajo9
My daughter likes Taylor Swift which is unusual for her stylistically. The only album of hers I like is Reputation which is kind of the outlier album for Swift. It's edgy.

As noted above, she is a badass business woman.

I have much respect for her.
American Vermin
Cal88
GoOskie
going4roses said:

Most people are idiots and have nothing better to do with their lives.
BearHunter

Kaepernick wants back in.
okaydo

okaydo
BearHunter said:

Kaepernick wants back in.

Did Colin date Taylor?
okaydo

okaydo

okaydo

Big C

We Republicans need to stop beating around the bush and just rename our party The White Party so that idiots like Taylor Swift and Travis Kelce will know they're supposed to vote with us. Just spell it out for these morons. And if it costs us guys like Tim Scott and Vivek Swamirami, I'm okay with that.
bearister
I wonder how Joe "Cheesedick" Concha felt about his multi indicted leader dropping a motherf@ucker bomb at the mic today?
Big C
bearister said:

I wonder how Joe "Cheesedick" Concha felt about his multi indicted leader dropping a motherf@ucker bomb at the mic today?

Sorry, but I am what's commonly referred to as a "low information poster"... what are you talking about?
going4roses
I got a theory
From the onset something was off.

Had to be a really good reason she would dare take a broke non high class status Black womans sloppy seconds.

Her EX wasn't a cool guy (apparently a lot of people call him a racist) who else to was the stench away the white guy that likes to cos play as Black man. Or something to that effect either way just more distractions away from the most pressing issues
oski003
going4roses said:

I got a theory
From the onset something was off.

Had to be a really good reason she would dare take a broke non high class status Black womans sloppy seconds.

Her EX wasn't a cool guy (apparently a lot of people call him a racist) who else to was the stench away the white guy that likes to cos play as Black man. Or something to that effect either way just more distractions away from the most pressing issues

She is an adult and likely doesn't see everything as a racial war. Being an adult often means someone you are newly dating has been in previous relationships. She isn't focused on who they are "sloppy seconds" of. I don't know anyone besides you that considers Travis Kelce as "cos play as Black man.". Do you want to just spell out that you think white people shouldn't date black people? Should the races be separated? Why is it okay for you to be so bigoted?
BearHunter
okaydo said:

Go woke, go broke!

Travis Kelce is Mr. Pfizer.
Last Page
Page 1 of 4

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.