A fantastic overview on the state of the republic

833 Views | 16 Replies | Last: 9 days ago by blungld
blungld
How long do you want to ignore this user?
This may be the best assessment of the evolution of the GOP, the Trump phenomenon, and the crossroads we are at as a nation, I have read:

Will Trump voters choose to destroy American Democracy?

If you are a MAGA/Trump supporter, or an I'm going to vote Republican no matter what person ("Trump is the lesser of two evils"), I have to ask when you read this:

1) Do you see yourself in the descriptions and agree with the overall assessment, but you will continue to vote Republican habitually or passively.

2) Know that this is basically correct, but want to pretend it isn't.

3) Actually believe this is inaccurate. I don't mean in details, but in its grand assessment and the consequences we face in this election. That a Trump victory would actually be the end of the Founder's experiment and ring in a new era of America (unlike the Trump's projection and fear mongering that a Biden win somehow changes America).

4) Actively agree with the MAGA white nationalism movement and want to subvert the rights and foundational principles of the Constitution.

5) Agree with this article and that is why you will NOT support the GOP until they reject the MAGA elements and return to authentic American values?

I, of course, hope that a great number of Republicans value the country over their loyalty to party and have the strength to admit what is happening and be accountable. To take a stand against the GOP until it rights itself (pun intended) before returning to being a Republican.

The entire article is a great overview, but the ending paragraphs are particularly worthwhile. For example:

"Most White Republicans, after all, do not have the "legacy European" lineage that Tucker Carlson praises. They do not have ancestors who stepped off the Mayflower or fought in the revolution. The ancestors of the great majority of "White" Americans today were not considered "White" when they first set foot on American shores. Irish Americans may no longer remember that the Thomas Nast cartoons of the late 19th century depicted the Irish as apelike creatures. Many Italian Americans may not recall that a riot made up of "New Orleans' finest" lynched and murdered 11 Sicilian immigrants and were never charged.

Many Catholics seem to have forgotten that they were once the most despised group in America, such that one of the Founders, John Jay, wanted them excluded from citizenship altogether. Most White Americans were at one time members of despised immigrant groups. They were the victims of the very anti-liberalism they are now voting back into power. They climbed to equality using liberalism as their ladder, and now that they have reached their destination they would pull away the ladder and abandon liberalism. Having obtained their equality using the laws and institutions of liberalism, their passion for liberalism has faded."

bear2034
Did Robert mention the Russia collusion hoax or is this narrative dead for 2024?
blungld
bear2034 said:

Did Robert mention the Russia collusion hoax or is this narrative dead for 2024?
What an odd response.
bear2034
blungld said:

bear2034 said:

What an odd response.
I found it odd that there wasn't a single mention of Russia or Putin.
bearister
bear2034 said:

tRump is a Russian asset and every intelligence service in the world has known it for years. Only a collaborating head of state will share any sensitive information with him (knowing it will end up on the bathroom counter or spoken about freely in the dining room of spy invested Mar a Lago).
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
Big C
bearister said:

bear2034 said:

tRump is a Russian asset and every intelligence service in the world has known it for years. Only a collaborating head of state will share any sensitive information with him (knowing it will end up on the bathroom counter or spoken about freely in the dining room of spy invested Mar a Lago).

I'm not gonna lie, if Putin had a pee tape with me in it, I'm probably going to try and keep him placated.
MinotStateBeav

Come on you seals..CLAP!
bear2034
MinotStateBeav said:

Come on you seals..CLAP!
piemelon
I think that right now Hamas directed semi riots at our universities are a bigger threat than Trump.
“Don’t P—s off old men. The older we get, the less life in prison is a deterrent”.
dajo9
piemelon said:

I think that right now Hamas directed semi riots at our universities are a bigger threat than Trump.

Yeah I haven't seen anything so bad since Viet Cong directed semi riots at Berkeley
American Vermin
Cal88
piemelon said:

Is that what they've been saying on "Morning Joe"??
Unit2Sucks
piemelon said:

The pointless protests aren't a threat to our country, although they will result in an even larger number of unemployed liberal arts majors with loans they can't afford to pay off.

You can pretty much guarantee that foreign agents are involved in organizing and supporting the protests though, so I agree with you about that.
bear2034
dajo9 said:

piemelon said:

Yeah I haven't seen anything so bad since Viet Cong directed semi riots at Berkeley

What was George Soros doing back then?
bear2034
Unit2Sucks said:

piemelon said:

The pointless protests aren't a threat to our country, although they will result in an even larger number of unemployed liberal arts majors with loans they can't afford to pay off.

You can pretty much guarantee that foreign agents are involved in organizing and supporting the protests though, so I agree with you about that.

The protests do seem coordinated, don't they? Don't worry, Biden will pay their loans.
bear2034
Unit2Sucks said:

The pointless protests aren't a threat to our country.

It depends, are the protests directed towards Israel's government or Jews in general?
Big C
bear2034 said:

Unit2Sucks said:

The pointless protests aren't a threat to our country.

It depends, are the protests directed towards Israel's government or Jews in general?

Well, they're young and they get carried away...
blungld
The Ghoul said:

I'm glad blungld finally feels comfortable enough in his own skin to admit that he is a neo-con, deep down.
If you want to know if I am a neo-con, you could just ask. No I am not. See, I answer questions. FYI, I didn't vouch for the man who wrote the article or every single thing he has done in his life, I thought it was a well written, truthful, and important piece.

I guess you din't think so. But it is hard to know sometimes because your actual position and thoughts are always clouded in inference, innuendo, mocking...pretending that your poistion is so clear and obviously correct without ever really engaging in thoughtful honest open-minded discussion. Go back to your tweets...and god forbid, don't ever answer my direct question to you what your education and career experience is in politics, Ukraine, diplomacy, etc.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.