PDA

View Full Version : When will it open?

6bear6
08-15-2011, 09:58 AM
We've seen lots of pictures lately of the work being done to complete the SAHPC, but I haven't seen a prospective date for its completion and opening. Does anyone here have any inside knowledge of when that might be? Will it be a public opening or out-of-bounds for everyone but AD, staff and administration?

Cal_Fan2
08-15-2011, 10:03 AM
We've seen lots of pictures lately of the work being done to complete the SAHPC, but I haven't seen a prospective date for its completion and opening. Does anyone here have any inside knowledge of when that might be? Will it be a public opening or out-of-bounds for everyone but AD, staff and administration?

I believe sometime in September of this year....there is going to be some type of grand opening I think but don't remember the details or who wrote about it.

dinan3
08-15-2011, 12:29 PM
October, as the date the team actually moves in.............

elpbear
08-15-2011, 12:46 PM
The team (meaning the football team) won't move in until the season is over, to avoid disruption. It should be ready for the first teams to start moving in sometime in September, last I heard.

Golden One
08-15-2011, 02:31 PM
The contractor is supposed to turn the keys over to the AD the second week in September, although from what I've seen, there will still be considerable finishing work to be done at that time. This is especially true of the football portion of the building, but that's not a problem since that program won't move in until after the conclusion of this season.