Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3910111213

Thread: Burn down Penn State

Quote Originally Posted by grandmastapoop View Post
    I was raised Catholic, and still feel Catholic, culturally speaking. The joke you're responding to is not anti-Catholic. It's anti-Catholic Church leadership, which is not the same thing. Catholic Church leadership deserves every joke thrown its way, and much more. You're not going to get much sympathy responding to a joke like that. Instead, know the joke is not directed at you, and likewise feel the same level of disgust for the church leadership that everyone else does. The church is led by humans, fallible as the rest of us. It has no bearing on your beliefs. But to take offense at those jokes is to support the system that protected predatory priests. It's not a good look.
    +1

I was raised Catholic, and still feel Catholic, culturally speaking. I was not an altar boy mainly because my Methodist father had strong negative feeling about celibacy. And it may have been also, as I read in a Cal monthly a few years ago; when an Cal Irish professor talking with a colleague asked if he had been molested, both men said no and then one of the men said "We much have been exceptionally plain..." In retrospect one of my Boy Scoutmasters was probably gay, but preferred more mature boys. I believe in the role of bureaucracy to protect it's members, whether its the Church protecting the faithful, the BSA protecting scouts or the Government protecting it's citizens. I don't believe in the Government protecting capitalists at the expense of citizens. The Knights of Columbus has been on record as supporting pedophile priests; so it comes as no surprise that the Knights have protected pedophile, ordained or otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by grandmastapoop View Post
    I was raised Catholic, and still feel Catholic, culturally speaking. The joke you're responding to is not anti-Catholic. It's anti-Catholic Church leadership, which is not the same thing. Catholic Church leadership deserves every joke thrown its way, and much more. You're not going to get much sympathy responding to a joke like that. Instead, know the joke is not directed at you, and likewise feel the same level of disgust for the church leadership that everyone else does. The church is led by humans, fallible as the rest of us. It has no bearing on your beliefs. But to take offense at those jokes is to support the system that protected predatory priests. It's not a good look.

Quote Originally Posted by sp4149 View Post
    I was raised Catholic, and still feel Catholic, culturally speaking. I was not an altar boy mainly because my Methodist father had strong negative feeling about celibacy. And it may have been also, as I read in a Cal monthly a few years ago; when an Cal Irish professor talking with a colleague asked if he had been molested, both men said no and then one of the men said "We much have been exceptionally plain..." In retrospect one of my Boy Scoutmasters was probably gay, but preferred more mature boys. I believe in the role of bureaucracy to protect it's members, whether its the Church protecting the faithful, the BSA protecting scouts or the Government protecting it's citizens. I don't believe in the Government protecting capitalists at the expense of citizens. The Knights of Columbus has been on record as supporting pedophile priests; so it comes as no surprise that the Knights have protected pedophile, ordained or otherwise.
    I was an altar boy, and my reaction to the molestation scandals was surprise. Our priests never did anything of that nature, and more than that I don't believe I was ever, for one second, alone with a priest.

http://www.espn.com/college-football...lty-abuse-case

Ex-Athletic Director Tim Curley and former university Vice President Gary Schultz originally were charged with felonies. The reduced charge is punishable by up to five years in prison. Penn State ex-President Graham Spanier was also charged in the case.

The three handled a 2001 complaint by a graduate assistant who said he saw Sandusky, a retired defensive football coach, sexually abusing a boy in a team shower. They did not report the matter to police or child welfare authorities but told Sandusky he was not allowed to bring children to the campus.

Sandusky was not arrested until a decade later. He was convicted in 2012 of 45 counts of sexual abuse of 10 boys
    I'm guessing these scumbags won't see any time. Any insight from BI attorneys?
    Last edited by LACalFan; 03-13-2017 at 09:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by LACalFan View Post
    http://www.espn.com/college-football...lty-abuse-case

I'm guessing these scumbags won't see any time. Any insight from BI attorneys?

They'll get credit for their testimony against Graham Spanier.
    Last edited by BearNIt; 03-13-2017 at 10:32 AM.