Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Burn down Penn State

True Blue Golden Bear bearister's Avatar
    Out here on the perimeter there are no stars Out here we is stoned – immaculate. J. Morrison
    Quote Originally Posted by 510Bear View Post
    Can we reserve some shade for the idiot PSU fans who continue to insist this is all a conspiracy to bring down PSU football? I understand being loyal to one's tribe, but those people need to pump the brakes.
    Paterno's POS family extorted cash and perks out of the university to settle their claims.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/04/19...-contract.html
    Last edited by bearister; 05-05-2016 at 06:24 PM.

F**k that pos school

Quote Originally Posted by oski003 View Post
    You guys are smarter than this. Maybe Joe Paterno knew.

However, the story is sensational and is completely duping you. An insurer is alleging that a child told Paterno in 1976 about sexual abuse because the insurer doesn't want to back Penn State's $60 + million reimbursement claims. That is all.
    Ok, so take this one story out. Do you hold the opinion that MAYBE he knew? What does that mean? He had SOME knowledge or SOME questions? Are you comfortable with what he did with that? I don't think you can kind of defend him. Curious where you come in on this.

Well JoPa and Sandusky were well respected in the Catholic Church and I suspect that a large section of the Catholic parishioners were unaware of the pedophile priests or pedophiles in general. I know a large number of my Catholic relatives had no concept of pedophilia and took a long time to understand the problem. Many years ago the Cal Monthly had an article about an Irish professor from Cal visiting Dublin with another professor. During the course of their visit they discussed pedophile priests, as both had been altar boys. Neither one had been abused or had contact with pedophile priests. One of them concluded, "I must have been exceedingly plain..." At the same time as the Penn State implosion, the Provost of Notre Dame was accused of assaulting male students. The Provost is responsible for that beloved NCAA term, exercise of administrative control. Not surprised during that period Notre Dame did not have a sensational pedophilia investigation. Notre Dame did not pull a USF and probably said a prayer of thanksgiving for JoPa.

Quote Originally Posted by bearister View Post
    "He reiterated that McQueary was unclear with him about the nature of what he saw—and added that even if McQueary had been more graphic, he's not sure he would have comprehended it.
    "You know, he didn't want to get specific," Paterno said. "And to be frank with you I don't know that it would have done any good, because I never heard of, of, rape and a man." [Dead Spin]

If there is life after death, rest assured that JoPa will rot in that same special part of Hell reserved for Catholic Bishops who rotated known pedophile priests from parish to unsuspecting parish like so many peas in a shell game. In the old days in Ireland the IRA kneecapped or slabbed demons like them.

True Blue Golden Bear bearister's Avatar
    Out here on the perimeter there are no stars Out here we is stoned – immaculate. J. Morrison
    Quote Originally Posted by sp4149 View Post
    Well JoPa and Sandusky were well respected in the Catholic Church and I suspect that a large section of the Catholic parishioners were unaware of the pedophile priests or pedophiles in general. I know a large number of my Catholic relatives had no concept of pedophilia and took a long time to understand the problem. Many years ago the Cal Monthly had an article about an Irish professor from Cal visiting Dublin with another professor. During the course of their visit they discussed pedophile priests, as both had been altar boys. Neither one had been abused or had contact with pedophile priests. One of them concluded, "I must have been exceedingly plain..." At the same time as the Penn State implosion, the Provost of Notre Dame was accused of assaulting male students. The Provost is responsible for that beloved NCAA term, exercise of administrative control. Not surprised during that period Notre Dame did not have a sensational pedophilia investigation. Notre Dame did not pull a USF and probably said a prayer of thanksgiving for JoPa.
    I was an altar boy at my parish in Oakland from 5th grade through freshman in high school. I never heard of the issue of molestation at the time and can find no reports of molestations at my parish in the extensive records online. I believe my parish was a "molestation free zone" because our pastor was a 6'3 225 pound WWII era decorated Army chaplain whom I presume advised the "troops" that he would beat them to death if they laid a glove on anyone.
    Last edited by bearister; 05-06-2016 at 06:33 AM.

With regard to Sandusky, JoPa and Penn State, shame is a stain that can't be removed no matter how hard you try. The school and the Paterno knew what was going on made a conscious decision to keep it quiet.

Maybe so but i simply do not believe Sandusky started abusing in 1998. I think he was just blatant at that point. It will be interesting if they substantiate these claims. If they do then it adds20 years to psu's n joe pas pedomania. The number of victims could reach 100.

Quote Originally Posted by oski003 View Post
    You guys are smarter than this. Maybe Joe Paterno knew.

However, the story is sensational and is completely duping you. An insurer is alleging that a child told Paterno in 1976 about sexual abuse because the insurer doesn't want to back Penn State's $60 + million reimbursement claims. That is all.
    1976 or the late 90s, it doesn't matter. There are zero credible arguments that Paterno didn't know by the late 90s when he forced Sandusky out, and didn't report him to police and allowed him to maintain close contact with children, including at the football compound.

And so his actions in the late 90s (and beyond) lend credibility to claims that he knew wel before. Paterno is not as bad as Sandusky. But it's damn close, as he allowed Sandusky to continue his despicable acts, and in fact provided a safe haven.

Quote Originally Posted by 89Bear View Post
    Ok, so take this one story out. Do you hold the opinion that MAYBE he knew? What does that mean? He had SOME knowledge or SOME questions? Are you comfortable with what he did with that? I don't think you can kind of defend him. Curious where you come in on this.
    I'm no fan of Paterno and believe he either knew or was willfully blind. Penn St and Patent should be forever tarnished by this. However, I'm no fan of lying lynch mobs.
    Last edited by oski003; 05-06-2016 at 04:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by grandmastapoop View Post
    1976 or the late 90s, it doesn't matter. There are zero credible arguments that Paterno didn't know by the late 90s when he forced Sandusky out, and didn't report him to police and allowed him to maintain close contact with children, including at the football compound.

And so his actions in the late 90s (and beyond) lend credibility to claims that he knew wel before. Paterno is not as bad as Sandusky. But it's damn close, as he allowed Sandusky to continue his despicable acts, and in fact provided a safe haven.
    Since the truth doesn't matter, let's just add that Paterno liked to watch and that is why he didn't turn Sandusky in. Why not?

True Blue Golden Bear going4roses's Avatar
    Oh wow

We are State Penn.

Quote Originally Posted by tydog View Post
    Really? I thought you would love her given she hired Sonny.
    I thought it was great that she finally had to hire a new coach
    howzyadoin tydoggie

Quote Originally Posted by beelzebear View Post
    It's not the AD's decision..because no AD would willing shut down their biggest program because they gain from its prestige and association. This is way beyond that. At USF it was the Fr. John Lo Schiavo, president...and I have to guess he wasn't answering to alumni, students or the AD. He was listening to god or his conscience. At Penn State it will have to the chancellor and/or the Broad of Trustees. At Cal it would be the chancellor and/or the UC president.
    You would be hard-pressed to find anyone who was remotely associated with the University from the time period we are talking about still involved with the school. The present administration (talking above Sandy for the most part) put enough changes and controls in place that the NCAA reduced the punishment that was in place...no court order, no threatening legal action, nothing that made them had to do that, they just saw a lot of steps in the right direction.
    The offense(s) at PSU was way beyond football, and punishing the team/school further means next to nothing. Its easy to want to hate Penn State (I admit to being not a fan), but there have been changes there, and it starts with the fact that no coach is or will ever be the legend that Paterno was.

Quote Originally Posted by mbBear View Post
    You would be hard-pressed to find anyone who was remotely associated with the University from the time period we are talking about still involved with the school. The present administration (talking above Sandy for the most part) put enough changes and controls in place that the NCAA reduced the punishment that was in place...no court order, no threatening legal action, nothing that made them had to do that, they just saw a lot of steps in the right direction.
    The offense(s) at PSU was way beyond football, and punishing the team/school further means next to nothing. Its easy to want to hate Penn State (I admit to being not a fan), but there have been changes there, and it starts with the fact that no coach is or will ever be the legend that Paterno was.
    I see ... UC Berkeley is still considered a hippie-hooligan-commie U because of the past ... but PedoU gets a pass now because all that neddik coach-boy play has gone by ... sure.