Page 319 of 384 FirstFirst ... 219269309315316317318319320321322323329369 ... LastLast
Results 4,771 to 4,785 of 5754

Thread: cal's monster class deux

chase jeter

what up, chase?

your moms kim is a highly respected school teacher & you got a 3.86 gpa at bishop gorman which resulted in your admissions acceptance to duke, you are definitely not a dumb azz

let me break it down for you, ok?...utah, oregon, arizona & gonzaga are academically mediocre schools for dumb azzs that don't wanna read books & **** like that, them guys are gonna be ****** when their basketball days are over & they gotta try to compete in a fiercely competitive global economy that favors the well educated, got it?

35+ mpg per game (guaranteed)#

Quote Originally Posted by Shocky1 View Post

us news is ranking cal #3 in their 2015 collegiate world rankings

a cal degree is like a winning lottery ticket, it will open an unlimited number of doors in the future in your quest to achieve your dreams & goals in life...today's highly competitive global marketplace favors those that are well educated, that's just the way it is...if you go to an academically mediocre school & get injured you are ******, that's why you got to be mentally limitless

but you gotta have academic ambition to graduate from cal, are you willing to do the work?

yeah, ambition is priceless, it's something in your veins

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O7ZbM7ak8uw

50 year decision#

chase, don't be a dumb azz like lee, there are consequences for being a dumb azz in life

Something Shocky and I agree on: Aviara is awful.

I don't know, Shocky, but I'm reminded of the late Charlie O. Finley's famous description: "all hat and no cattle."

Quote Originally Posted by bearchamp View Post
    Something Shocky and I agree on: Aviara is awful.
    bearchamp, there's some weird **** including the poorly designed unwalkable routing & visible power line views going on at aviara

golf carts are for losers#

yeah the latina curvy brunette yoga female beer cart girl on the right is way better looking than the dude on the left

Quote Originally Posted by UrsaMajor View Post
    I don't know, Shocky, but I'm reminded of the late Charlie O. Finley's famous description: "all hat and no cattle."
    i dunno ursa but but you kinda remind me i gotta get my driver regripped, yeah i was a caddie at san francisco golf club during my cal days

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dmJefsOErr0

swang#

bearchamp, there's some weird **** including the poorly designed unwalkable routing & visible power line views going on at aviara

golf carts are for losers#
    Yup. really dumb (and highly overpriced course). But again, lots of good ones.

Quote Originally Posted by socaltownie View Post
    Yup. really dumb (and highly overpriced course). But again, lots of good ones.
    wouldn't know that avaira is overpriced and that doesn't factor at all into any of my course evaluations, i get comped on every golf course in the world as arguably the most recognized (along with my buddy bob mccoy who played the world top 100 courses in 100 days, he's a pine valley member) golf course architecture rater/panelist

if you build it, shocky will come#

4th gen, love you man, but there's not another donor who thinks mike williams/jeremy wang (the vast majority of donors have never had a meaningful conversation of substance with him) will be able to raise the funds for a dedicated practice facility

they've alienated the $10 million dollar lead donor & the rfq for the facility has been withdrawn/cancelled

Loyal Bear
    i dunno ursa but but you kinda remind me i gotta get my driver regripped, yeah i was a caddie at san francisco golf club during my cal days

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dmJefsOErr0

swang#
    San Francisco Golf Club. No kidding. That was the most elite club around, with very few members. Probably still is. Sandy Tatum (known as God, to local golfers) was a member. When I was at Cal, I used to sneak on the course a couple hours before sundown. I used to park down by the lake and walk up through the woods to the second tee. I very seldom saw another player, so I stood out like a sore thumb. The gardener tried to kick me off, but I told him I was playing with Dennis Clark, who was a member, but he had to leave early, and told me I could keep on playing. That worked one time, but the next time I was thrown out. One time, I played a few holes and suddenly, about 20 cops with guns drawn came running out of the bushes down the fairway, looked around, and ran back into the bushes. At first I figured they were coming for me, but later found out they were chasing a burglar, who had hit one of the homes bordering the course. I went near the clubhouse only once, to complete a good round. I played up 18 at dusk, and played #1 in the moonlight back to my car. Years later, when I began playing with the best players in the area, they taught me I shouldn’t be sneaking on to golf courses, and I should always pay a green fee.

Getting comped like you do would have been beyond my wildest dreams. Now I see where a Cal education can even help you in golf, so congratulations. I wish I had more faith in my Cal education back then. It is hard to tell kids anything. They think they know everything. My Cal education did open plenty of doors for me, and it still does today.

Loyal Bear
    wouldn't know that avaira is overpriced and that doesn't factor at all into any of my course evaluations, i get comped on every golf course in the world as arguably the most recognized (along with my buddy bob mccoy who played the world top 100 courses in 100 days, he's a pine valley member) golf course architecture rater/panelist

Photo reminds me of Baja Mar, a course located between Rosarito Beach where I once lived, and Ensenada in Mexico. It used to be a top 100 course, or so I was told. Did you ever play it? I played it once and shot par. The only course I ever played in Mexico, so I tell everyone I am even par for the country of Mexico. In the US, I was so far over par for the country, I'd need a super computer to add up all the strokes.

Man, if I had to play there, I would just walk over to the edge of the tee box, turn my bag over, and dump all my golf balls over the side. Save myself a lot of time . . .

mr tatum

i caddied a couple of times back in the day for sandy tatum, he is one of my few idols in life...a stanford ncca golf champ who later became the president of the usga & the catalyst for the us open being played on public courses like bethpage, torrey pines, chambers bay, etc., he also tirelessly championed the terrific (and much needed renovation of harding park)...he literally paused for more than a second at the top of his backswing, it impressed me how he would gather collect himself before starting his graceful forward swing thru the ball with deadly center of the club contact

so I used to think it would've been fun to have a dad who belonged to sfgc & cypress point like mr tatum & that he would coach me up on my game...so i'm at san francisco golf club a couple of years ago early in the morning as the 1st guy out as a single out putting out on the par 5 18th green when i see a guy hopelessly hitting ground balls down the 9th fairway...i ask my caddie angelo who's that, he shakes his head with a sly smile & tell me it's mr tatum's son

yeah there's beauty in the struggle

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ka4BxFizU7I

love yourz (love you dad)#
    Last edited by Shocky1; 04-21-2017 at 05:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SFCityBear View Post
    San Francisco Golf Club. No kidding. That was the most elite club around, with very few members. Probably still is. Sandy Tatum (known as God, to local golfers) was a member. When I was at Cal, I used to sneak on the course a couple hours before sundown. I used to park down by the lake and walk up through the woods to the second tee. I very seldom saw another player, so I stood out like a sore thumb. The gardener tried to kick me off, but I told him I was playing with Dennis Clark, who was a member, but he had to leave early, and told me I could keep on playing. That worked one time, but the next time I was thrown out. One time, I played a few holes and suddenly, about 20 cops with guns drawn came running out of the bushes down the fairway, looked around, and ran back into the bushes. At first I figured they were coming for me, but later found out they were chasing a burglar, who had hit one of the homes bordering the course. I went near the clubhouse only once, to complete a good round. I played up 18 at dusk, and played #1 in the moonlight back to my car. Years later, when I began playing with the best players in the area, they taught me I shouldn’t be sneaking on to golf courses, and I should always pay a green fee.

Getting comped like you do would have been beyond my wildest dreams. Now I see where a Cal education can even help you in golf, so congratulations. I wish I had more faith in my Cal education back then. It is hard to tell kids anything. They think they know everything. My Cal education did open plenty of doors for me, and it still does today.
    Shame on you for using the Broderick-Terry duel historic site to sneak onto a golf course.