Page 4 of 414 FirstFirst 123456781454104 ... LastLast

Thread: cal's monster class deux

coach martin

coach martin & his youngest son chase at the west coast elite all start camp for northern california

there are growing signs that roberta is an exceptional chef, shut up shocky

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QyT9jTW7MHc

cal family#

roman davis

Quote Originally Posted by Shocky1 View Post
    name that california golden bear:

what bear has been involved in the most fights/skirmishes during practices this season?

what non rotation bear has been noted by nba scouts during pregame warmups (45 minutes before tip off) for his freak athleticism?

what bear brought a robust 3.5 gpa to cal's diamonds are forever class (2015) which was an integral part of important confidential acceptance negotiations with cal admissions that impacted another key player?

what bear said before the team traveled down under that he was excited but that he didn't know how to speak any australian?

what bear led the pac 12 in the most missed uncontested 5 footers during pregame warmups (yeah, i keep track of that ****)?

what bear did coach christopher tell me unconditionally does absolutely everything he instructs him to so without hesitation & has made major strides in his s&c with the addition of significant good weight/muscle?

yeah, roman davis is gonna bring a much needed bad azz element to next season's team chemistry

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G_UufHlig1U

coach martin told the banquet crowd with a sly grin that roman davis really likes to mix it up during practices, coach knows his team has been too candy azz soft which resulted in the bears underachieving last season

one of roman's teammates told me that he got a "light switch" & that when he gets on the court it gets turned on & he's ******* amped up & ready to roll...he wants to win every rebound, win every drill

roman told me he played high school in the 180s, that's he now 200 lbs & that he's working with coach christopher to get to 215 lbs for this season, he's gonna bring a physical presence to the court

davis also told me he will be playing at the 3 which means he will competing for minutes behind the birdman

i talked **** with roman about him leading the pac 12 in the most missed shots during pregame warm ups & he promised me that won't happen when the lights go on starting this november
    with roman davis blueshirting last season after arriving in berkeley as an excellent student with a 3.5 gpa, it is important that he take less than full academic loads (15 units) to ensure that he does not graduate in 4 years (which is the current situation with kameron rooks)...12 units course loads would result in a 5th year in berkeley with the potential for a very light schedule during the spring of his final year to focus primarily upon basketball before earning his degree

academic logistics#

candy azz soft on the road?
    You mean this Warrior team that set the NBA record for most road wins ever?

Quote Originally Posted by UCBerkGrad View Post
    You mean this Warrior team that set the NBA record for most road wins ever?
    yeah, steph (just like jabari) plays a lot better at home after a good luck kiss

with roman davis blueshirting last season after arriving in berkeley as an excellent student with a 3.5 gpa, it is important that he take less than full academic loads (15 units) to ensure that he does not graduate in 4 years (which is the current situation with kameron rooks)...12 units course loads would result in a 5th year in berkeley with the potential for a very light schedule during the spring of his final year to focus primarily upon basketball before earning his degree

academic logistics#
    Right!
    Cause we wouldn't want these student athletes to be able to get a masters degree while on basketball scholarship during that 5th year, wherever it may be.

You've just completely outdone yourself. Incredible hypocrisy.

As long as he doesn't melt. smh

the most interesting professor in the world

it should be emphasized that roman's academic workload should be structured in such a manner that there's still ample time to spend time with a curvy brunette yoga female that can teach him australian too, davis has gotta be multiple

this really isn't that complicated

-profressor shoski

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qJ_Tw0w3lLA

the university of california, berkeley=#1 ranked public (#3 overall) university in the world (including down under)

jaylen brown

I dont need easy, I need possible. Jorge Gutierrez

Is Shocky a dumbazz in addition to being an egotist?

Earlier in the thread he lists 6-7 players (depending on Kam Rooks status) who will be on scholarship for 2017 and indicates that Cuonzo plans a class of 5, then states that therefore there will be 9-10 players on scholarship. Maybe in Scottsdale 6-7 + 5 = 9-10, but I'm pretty sure no where else.

Yes.
    (But, it's not nice to speak so disparagingly of someone so worthy of being disparaged. So, let's just let him keep posting here for his own amusement.
    Mental illness is a real phenomenon. Having a Cal degree does not provide immunity.)

Real Bear
    Quote Originally Posted by UrsaMajor View Post
    Is Shocky a dumbazz in addition to being an egotist?

Earlier in the thread he lists 6-7 players (depending on Kam Rooks status) who will be on scholarship for 2017 and indicates that Cuonzo plans a class of 5, then states that therefore there will be 9-10 players on scholarship. Maybe in Scottsdale 6-7 + 5 = 9-10, but I'm pretty sure no where else.
    My guess is that if that was the case, it would be to bring balance to the classes. Having seven seniors is great, but what about when they all leave? My guess is that they will bring in transfers to balance it out. Isn't having 2-3 recruits per class the ideal?

how is the 2017 roster shaping up at this time?

freshmen: demarl baker & alec hickman
    sophomores: roman davis & charlie moore
    junior: dontae coleman
    seniors: kingsley okoroh & kameron rooks (maybe)

the staff has indicated that they are currently targeting a five (5) person 2017 class which means there will most likely be 9-10 scholly players on the roster at that time

that means that my current walk on boyz nick hamilton (then a junior) & cole welle (then a senior) will be in strong positions to earn playing time (and probably basketball schollys too)

let's do this#
    ursa, are you a cal grad or did you graduate from an academically mediocre school like concord tom?...kinda seems like your mental challenges are not only mathematical but also reading comprehension

the 2017 scholly roster above with 6-7 players includes demarl baker & alec hickman...if you add 3 more freshmen to join them (which is the staff's target of 5 new players), then the total roster would be 9-10 scholly players, got it?

and other questions?

how is the 2017 roster shaping up at this time?

freshmen: demarl baker & alec hickman
    seniors: kingsley okoroh & kameron rooks (maybe)

the staff has indicated that they are currently targeting a five (5) person 2017 class which means there will most likely be 9-10 scholly players on the roster at that time

that means that my current walk on boyz nick hamilton (then a junior) & cole welle (then a senior) will be in strong positions to earn playing time (and probably basketball schollys too)

let's do this#
    Shocky, I follow the math, but shouldn't Chauca be listed with King and (maybe) Kam as seniors in 2017?

Also, I am assuming they are only targeting a five person 2017 class to avoid a major class imbalance. If the five included a one-or-two-and-done type player, would they consider going beyond five? And even if they stick to five freshmen for 2017, wouldn't they consider supplementing that with transfers (grad or otherwise)?

Quote Originally Posted by LOUMFSG2 View Post
    Shocky, I follow the math, but shouldn't Chauca be listed with King and (maybe) Kam as seniors in 2017?

Also, I am assuming they are only targeting a five person 2017 class to avoid a major class imbalance. If the five included a one-or-two-and-done type player, would they consider going beyond five? And even if they stick to five freshmen for 2017, wouldn't they consider supplementing that with transfers (grad or otherwise)?
    lou, you are correct, that's a dumb azz move by me to forget my boy brandon chauca for the 2017 roster

freshmen: demarl baker & alec hickman & 3 more recruits
    seniors: brandon chauca, kingsley okoroh & kameron rooks (maybe)

that's a projected roster of 10-11 scholly players which is 2-3 under the ncca limit

my original point was that both nick hamilton & cole welle with continued development will be in strong positions for potential rotation playing time in 2017

agreed that if a potential one & done commits to the bears that a 6th player will be signed, the staff is not gonna pass on elite impact prospects that are academically ready to roll in berkeley

the problem with graduate transfers is that the 1st time an athlete doesn't complete the goldman school of public health program in order to pursue professional playing aspirations, there's a very good chance that pipeline will be turned off for future graduate transfers...dwight tarwater has completed that program, nick kerr is halfway done & will be a graduate assistant coach next season & grant mullins & quarterback davis webb are enrolling this summer...despite what you read on this board, both the basketball & football staffs are very aware of the lack of realistic graduate school programs for graduate transfers & that the completion rate of the school of public health programs by those already accepted will have an impact on future admissions
    Last edited by Shocky1; 05-24-2016 at 04:30 AM.

san diego state's malik pope is withdrawing from the nba draft & will play in the aztecs battle with the bears at the neutral site game in downtown sacramento at the under construction golden 1 center