Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Beast Mode Return?

Beast Mode Return?

Looks like his retirement may be a short one. Read some reports that if he does return, the Seahawks may trade his rights to the Raiders:

http://www.si.com/nfl/2016/05/26/sea...-return-rumors

This is obviously a pretty sketch rumor, but here goes. I was at Golden Gate Fields on Kentucky Derby day and I struck up a conversation with a guy who claimed he was a champ Cal Poly football player back in the day. As we talked more, it turned out he grew up in the Bay Area and was close friends with one of Marshawn's coaches growing up (a coach prior to his Cal days). I mentioned it was too bad that Marshawn had retired and he told me point blank in no uncertain terms that Marshawn had told him and his coach buddy at some event, that he would be back in 2017 after a year out of the game.
    insert witty signature here.

Lynch needed a break, everybody can see that. Everybody can also see that he is in good health and can come back whenever he wants, and that it is probably just a question of when.

Quote Originally Posted by Strykur View Post
    Lynch needed a break, everybody can see that. Everybody can also see that he is in good health and can come back whenever he wants, and that it is probably just a question of when.
    Why can everybody see he needed a break if you say everybody can see that he's healthy?

Quote Originally Posted by Ncsf View Post
    Why can everybody see he needed a break if you say everybody can see that he's healthy?
    Same reason "everybody" knows that Dykes can't wait to get back to Waco, especially those who lust for Dykes to go someplace else, if he can't be sent to someplace else ....
    It's the end of spring when flowers and such theories are in full bloom ...

I'd love to see Marshawn come back and play one last year for the Raiders. Otherwise, just stay retired.

Always thought he would like to be a part of the Silver and Black given his affinity for Oakland and the Bay Area.

Quote Originally Posted by slobear View Post
    Always thought he would like to be a part of the Silver and Black given his affinity for Oakland and the Bay Area.
    Barring any last minute snags, it's a done deal.

If anyone can do it Marshawn can. Used to be that RBs over 30 were unable to be difference makers but with modern S&C, that no longer seems to be the case. AP had a monster season this year after his "sabbatical" and Frank Gore has had 2 (almost 3) 1,000 yard seasons after the age of 30. Other backs like Deangelo Williams and Forte are also still doing well at 30+.

Uhh, dumb question but are the Raiders still in Oakland? I keep hearing that they are leaving, first to LA, and now to Vegas(?)

Quote Originally Posted by TouchedTheAxeIn82 View Post
    Uhh, dumb question but are the Raiders still in Oakland? I keep hearing that they are leaving, first to LA, and now to Vegas(?)
    haha now that would be a last minute snag that could deter him from coming back

Seems like the year sabbatical is the new way to keep a career alive and your health okay. Agree that it seems natural Lynch finishes his career as a Raider, and he might be joining them at just the right time, on an uptick.

IMHO, he'd be foolish to come back for 3 very good reasons.....C........T.........E
    It's very real and has now been found in 82 of 84 dead ex-NFL players.
    And 79% of all non-NFL players examined.

Cheers!

True Blue Golden Bear going4roses's Avatar
    I'd rather he did not play anymore

He showed me enough

Quote Originally Posted by kaplanfx View Post
    This is obviously a pretty sketch rumor, but here goes. I was at Golden Gate Fields on Kentucky Derby day and I struck up a conversation with a guy who claimed he was a champ Cal Poly football player back in the day. As we talked more, it turned out he grew up in the Bay Area and was close friends with one of Marshawn's coaches growing up (a coach prior to his Cal days). I mentioned it was too bad that Marshawn had retired and he told me point blank in no uncertain terms that Marshawn had told him and his coach buddy at some event, that he would be back in 2017 after a year out of the game.
    I think kap called it.