Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Juhwan Harris-Dyson commits to Cal

Baker and Harris-Dyson will be a terrific Guard tandem at Cal. If Ira Lee, their AAU teammate, joins them in Berkeley, that would be
    quite a haul. A stretch 4, like Lee, possibly teamed with Lee and Rabb, would be incredible.

Quote Originally Posted by puget sound cal fan View Post
    Baker and Harris-Dyson will be a terrific Guard tandem at Cal. If Ira Lee, their AAU teammate, joins them in Berkeley, that would be
    quite a haul. A stretch 4, like Lee, possibly teamed with Lee and Rabb, would be incredible.
    Puget. I like your optimism. That said, unless Lee has a very strong potion he's using on Ivan, there won't be a Rabb @ Cal when Baker and Harris-Dyson arrive in Berkeley.

Quote Originally Posted by KoreAmBear View Post
    The man can recruit. No doubt about that.
    KAB, channeling your inner Tedford I see.

You're correct Petaluma, Rabb could likely be gone to the NBA after this season so Harris-Dyson will not have the opportunity to play with Ivan--unless Marcus can convince him to return so the two of them can play together. Marcus and Ivan will be going at each other pretty hard in practice while they're drawing closer as friends. Who knows what Ivan will do?

Harris-Dyson now gets 4 stars at ESPN.

ESPN Analyst
    Updated 08/30/2016
    Strengths:
    Harris-Dyson has a terrific frame with long arms and he's an exceptional athlete. He excels in transition where he uses his length, assertiveness, and athletic ability to slash his way to the rim. He can finish with either hand or throw down the dunk. In the half court set his 1st step is quite good, but he needs to expand his scoring skills. His motor is outstanding as well at both ends of the floor. As a result he is a very good rebounder and gets his hands on a number of loose balls. Defensively, he slides his feet well, has a active hands, and a possesses a real nose for the ball.
    Weaknesses:
    Harris-Dyson needs to improve the range and consistency of his jump shot. Developing a mid-range skills (triple threat game) in the half court set will improve his production as well.
    Bottom Line:
    Harris-Dyson is a bit of a diamond in the rough. This sleeper needs to continue to expand his skill set and savvy to improve his stock.

Harris-Dyson sounds ready made for Webster and Cuonzo to mold into a defensive demon, who develops his jumper.

Hes got bigtime upside. Needs to develop his left hand.

This kid shows some moxie with his dunks....a lot of kids can dunk in the open court but it takes someone with confidence and a bit of attitude to dunk in traffic like he does....I like it....

True Blue Golden Bear KoreAmBear's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BearBackerinLA View Post
    Juhwan Harris-Dyson monster jam voted Play of the Week ...

https://twitter.com/SoCalPrepLegend/...65412623245313
    Thanks BBILA. Me likey. Seems like he has the same kind of build as Jabari.

I don't know but it sounds like Russell Westbrook. He was a freak athlete with not much O at ucla.

Russell Westbrook
    Shooting guard
    3-Stars
    Leuzinger
    Lawndale, CA
    RR:
    Ht: 6'2"
    Wt: 175 lbs
    Class: 2006
    -
    POSITION
    -
    NATIONAL
    -
    STATE
    Commitment status:
    SIGNED LOI
    UCLA

Interesting to go thru this ranked list of class of 2006.
    Headed with Greg Oden and Kevin Durant.
    Patrick Christopher was a 4 star (page2).
    Ryan Anderson and Jerome Randle appear as 3-stars on page3.
    Westbrook is a 3-star on 4th page.

So interesting how every year there are many guys ranked high that don't end up as predicted, while other lower guys greatly exceed. Good reminder.
    Last edited by concordtom; 03-01-2017 at 10:34 AM.

I'm loving the dad. Creative exciting posts about his son. Passionate basketball fan, and big time cal commit
    ‘I don’t need easy, I need possible.’ Jorge Gutierrez

Juhwan HD will be playing in the “Battle of the Valley” All-Star Game set for Sat., April 22 at L.A. Valley College ...

http://blogs.dailynews.com/preps/201...alley-college/

Earnie Sears (Cal legacy) also listed on the roster.

JHD will be presented with the prestigious John R. Wooden High School Player of the Year Award (1 of 8 boys winners) tomorrow at The Novo by Microsoft at LA Live. Incoming Cal commit Kianna Smith also a winner on the girls side.

http://www.woodenaward.com/john_r_wo...rs_of_the_year

JHD will be presented with the prestigious John R. Wooden High School Player of the Year Award (1 of 8 boys winners) tomorrow at The Novo by Microsoft at LA Live. Incoming Cal commit Kianna Smith also a winner on the girls side.

http://www.woodenaward.com/john_r_wo...rs_of_the_year
    Wow, that is great! Really looking forward to seeing JHD at Haas.

Last edited by BearBackerinLA; 04-07-2017 at 04:04 PM.