Thread: How Bout some OT Giants TALK?

How Bout some OT Giants TALK?

Padres Swept em.

There. That.

True Blue Golden Bear going4roses's Avatar
    Big whoop

Yeah sure. NOW you want to talk Giants.

They're still on break.

Hope they don't have to rely on Santiago Blosavilla much longer.

Quote Originally Posted by SRBear View Post
    Hope they don't have to rely on Santiago Blosavilla much longer.
    Giants need at least one more reliever down the stretch. May need another OF/bat if Pence's injury lingers. Going to have to rework the bullpen and OF after the season any way, but tough call on draining the farm system to fill in the gaps now or tweak the roster after the season.

Actually I NEVER want to talk baseball. I'm sure most giants fans feel the same way after a miserable showing in San Diego.

We should talk CAL here and other stuff on other internet sites

Yankees will be sellers; wouldn't be surprised to see Miller or Chapman dealt though Chapman is a rental.

Quote Originally Posted by calfanz View Post
    Actually I NEVER want to talk baseball. I'm sure most giants fans feel the same way after a miserable showing in San Diego.

We should talk CAL here and other stuff on other internet sites
    You don't want to talk about baseball, so you started a troll thread about baseball.

Makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by BearDevil View Post
    Giants need at least one more reliever down the stretch. May need another OF/bat if Pence's injury lingers. Going to have to rework the bullpen and OF after the season any way, but tough call on draining the farm system to fill in the gaps now or tweak the roster after the season.
    Giants have a farm system???

Sacramento is terrible ever since they hooked up with the giants.

Injuries to the big club guys?? They have to call up retreads like Ramiro Pena and Grant Green ...

Currently, their top two farm clubs are dead last in the standings by a wide margin .... What farm system???

Quote Originally Posted by socaliganbear View Post
    They're still on break.
    San Diego is nice this time of year, so they decided to take the weekend off.

And the Giants' farm system has been pathetic for the last several seasons.

One tradeoff of chasing titles is cannibalizing your future. Giants traded future All-Star Adam Duvall for Mike Leake in 2014.

Posey, Bum, Crawford, Belt, Panik, Cain, and Lincecum were all home grown all-stars.

Christian Arroyo, Phil Bickford, and Tyler Beede are major prospects. They'd have to give one of them up for Miller. Arroyo's blocked by Crawford. Need to replace Peavy, Cain, and Cueto over the next two seasons, so don't want to deal Bickford or Beede now.
    Last edited by BearDevil; 07-18-2016 at 12:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BearDevil View Post
    One tradeoff of chasing titles is cannibalizing your future. Giants traded future All-Star Adam Duvall for Mike Leake in 2014.

Posey, Bum, Crawford, Belt, Panik, Cain, and Lincecum were all home grown all-stars.

Carlos Arroyo, Phil Bickford, and Tyler Beede are major prospects. They'd have to give one of them up for Miller. Arroyo's blocked by Crawford. Need to replace Peavy, Cain, and Cueto over the next two seasons, so don't want to deal Bickford or Beede now.
    Yeah, this idea of the Giants' farm system being terrible is a little silly, given how many of their starters and/or contributors are homegrown. It has done exactly what a farm system should do: stock the big-league club.

Quote Originally Posted by Strykur View Post
    San Diego is nice this time of year, so they decided to take the weekend off.

And the Giants' farm system has been pathetic for the last several seasons.
    Posey. Belt. Crawford. Panik. Duffy. That's pathetic? Show me a farm system that has produced an infield that good.

Quote Originally Posted by grandmastapoop View Post
    Posey. Belt. Crawford. Panik. Duffy. That's pathetic? Show me a farm system that has produced an infield that good.
    The problem is that I don't see any pitchers there. Or a freaking CLOSER!
    Last edited by Strykur; 07-18-2016 at 11:17 AM.