Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 111718192021

Thread: 2016-2017 Season: Women's Swimming

------

RECORD DAY AT THE POOL

2/11/2017 2:50 PM | By: Cal Athletics

A capacity crowd watched No. 2 Cal battle No. 1 Stanford at Spieker Aquatics Comples (John Polzer/cal.isiphotos.com).

BERKELEY – In perhaps the fastest dual meet in school history – one that saw eight pool records fall by the wayside – top-ranked Stanford emerged with a 177-123 victory over No. 2 California Saturday before a capacity crowd at Spieker Aquatics Complex.

The Golden Bears set two of the marks, starting with the opening 200-yard medley relay, as Amy Bilquist, Abbey Weitzeil, Noemie Thomas and Farida Osman sprinted to the finish in 1:36.67 to break to old pool and Cal dual-meet record by nearly two seconds.

The Bears also closed out the afternoon with another impressive swim in the 400 free relay. This time, Katie McLaughlin, Bilquist, Weitzeil and Osman touched the wall in 3:12.99, nearly three seconds ahead of the previous Cal dual-meet and pool record.

"I'm really proud of the girls," head coach Teri McKeever said. "We knew it was going to be challenging. We talked about coming in and competing and taking care of our controllables. I thought we fought in close races, but got out-touched in some. I don't think Marina Garcia's been better in a dual meet, and Katie McLaughlin had a really great day. Top to bottom, we saw a lot of good things. We just need to keep sharpening up and see what happens the rest of the way."

Garcia, a senior swimming in her last home meet, and Stanford's Kim Williams produced a pair of remarkable outcomes in the 100 and 200 breaststroke events. In the 100, the two tied for first in 1:01.89, and a short time later, they again tied for first in the 200 in 2:12.16.

McLaughlin led from the start in the 200 butterfly and outlasted Stanford's Ella Easton, winning in 1:54.36, her fastest time of the season. In addition, sophomore Phoebe LaMay captured the 3-meter diving event with a score of 325.28, five points ahead of the Cardinal's Haley Farnsworth.

Stanford freshman Katie Ledecky won all three of her individual races in pool-record form, taking the 200 free (1:43.09), 500 free (4:35.89) and 1000 free (9:20.41). Cal freshman Chenoa Devine was third in the 1000 free with a personal-best 9:51.47.

Other pool records set included Stanford's Simone Manuel in the 50 free (21.97) and 100 free (48.17), while the Cardinal's Janet Hu claimed the 100 back in 51.61. Cal's Bilquist was second in the 100 back in a Cal dual-meet record 52.15.

The meet was Cal's final dual of the year. Next up are the Pac-12 Championships Feb. 22-25 in Federal Way, Wash., followed by the NCAA Championships March 15-18 in Indianapolis.

http://www.calbears.com/news/2017/2/...-the-pool.aspx

------

Well looks like my predictions from last night deviated massively from reality, as expected lol.

Nevertheless tons of positives emerged from this final dual meet of the season - a lot of our Bears swam close to their mid-season invite times this afternoon (with some even surpassing them) - all without the aid of a race suit whilst beaten down & tired from intensive training

Really encouraged by Katie McL's showing in the 200 fly which afforded us hope of her returning to form sooner than had been anticipated

Amy also impressed in her 400 free battle against Ledecky. Abbey could have been sharper in her free individual clashes against an on-form Manuel, but Weitzeil's breast split in the 200 Medley relay was spot on, as she continues to learn/adapt to take on a heavier race workload whilst remaining consistently fast.

Kim Williams really poured it on but Marina was plucky in keeping pace with her all the way to the end in both breaststrokes (Garcia was noticeably swifter above the water whilst Williams had superior walls & breakouts - similar to Noemie v. Janet Hu). Phoebe also did us proud in the diving (btw noticed an addition to Derek Starks' squad in sophomore Alexa Cacao who had competed today).

The score could have been closer if several photo-finishes have gone our way instead of to the furdettes (esp the 100 fly where I had reckoned Noemie had it in the bag - until Hu's amazin' finish, that is!) - but all credit where it's due to Meehan's squad for aptly demonstrating why they are universally considered the team to beat this season, with a bunch of their squad swimming lights out and being hungry for getting their hands to the wall first, upsetting Bears in a number of events.

Now to work out all the little details where we could have been better/sharper before heading off to Pac-12s - well done all!

------

------

LEDECKY DROPS BACK-TO-BACK POOL RECORDS AS STANFORD BEATS CAL

https://swimswam.com/ledecky-drops-b...ord-beats-cal/

------

Pac-12 Analysis: Amazing Finish With Ledecky’s Double, Breaststroke Ties

http://www.swimmingworldmagazine.com/news/240725-2/

------

May have been dubbed "the Katie Ledecky show" - and her swims are always brilliant to watch - but I did enjoy seeing how Amy took out the furdette superstar on the 2nd leg of the final relay...

400 Free Relay (RACE VIDEO) => https://streamable.com/vveej

------

Janet Hu, Ally Howe Lead Stanford into Pac-12 Championships

“Obviously it was very exciting. No. 1 vs. No. 2,” Hu said. “We went in knowing every race was going to be a close matchup. We were able to come away with a win in the majority of the events. The score was misleading in the fact that it seemed like we won by a lot, but every race was really close. Knowing who was in the race with me. In the 100 back, Amy and Kathleen and Ally and in the fly, Farida Osman and Noemie Thomas. Knowing the meet will be close definitely pumped me up.”

Meanwhile, Howe won the 200 backstroke in 1:53.98, finishing ahead of Bilquist and Baker. Howe also took third in the 100 backstroke (52.58) to finish between Bilquist and Baker.

“The Cal meet always falls at an interesting part of the year because it is that last bit of hard training. Both teams are pretty beat up and it is just about racing. We go into it with the mindset of focusing on the details. It is definitely a lot of fun. You get to race some fast people. It is a friendly competitive vibe. We respect them a lot, so it is definitely a good rivalry,” Howe said. “The Cal meet for me was definitely a surprise. I don’t think of myself as a bad dual meet swimmer, but I do definitely do better at the end of the season. It was a good confidence builder to pop some fast times in a dual meet.”

And it was just the beginning. Stanford and Cal will go head-to-head for the Pac-12 Championships this week in Federal Way, Wash., and then be the top two teams heading into the NCAA Championships in Indianapolis.

“They are not going away,” Howe said of Cal.

Neither is Georgia, the defending champion. And there will be plenty brought to the table by Texas, USC, Michigan, N.C. State and Texas A&M — among others.

With that much talent in the water, the Cardinal know — better than most teams — how big a slip up can be. Stanford was disqualified in a relay last year and ended up being edged for the title by Georgia.

“At the beginning of the season, our goals have been pretty clear that our focus is NCAAs. The bigger picture is NCAAs but when we are at Pac-12s, that is where the focus in the moment. (But knowing how we missed out last year) is definitely a motivating factor — especially with the group we have with a very legitimate shot at winning,” Hu said. “From the get-go, we all had that goal in the back of our minds. It is what has been motivating us all year.”

https://www.swimmingworldmagazine.co...championships/

------

WATCH: VIDEO HIGHLIGHTS FROM STANFORD’S WIN OVER CAL WOMEN

https://swimswam.com/watch-video-hig...win-cal-women/

------

Seniors: Farida, Marina, Celina, Hayden, KV

------
    Last edited by UrsusArctosCalifornicus; 03-01-2017 at 07:42 AM. Reason: Pac-12 Networks recap

True Blue Golden Bear
    one and done, one and done, one and done, one and done, one and done, one and done, one and done, one and done, one and down! Still hoping it happens.

2017 CSCAA / TYR Division I - Final Ranking

------

Stanford Women Cap Perfect Season With #1 Ranking

February 13, 2017

For the second-straight year, the Stanford Cardinal conclude the dual meet season atop the Division I Women's CSCAA / TYR Top 25.

Stanford capped a perfect 8-0 season with a dominating 177-123 win over previously second-ranked California. Stanford has won 15 straight dual meets dating back to its last visit to Cal in February 2015.

Cal finished the season 7-2 overall and 6-1 against the Pac-12 and the loss dropped the Golden Bears to third behind an 11-1 Texas team. The lone Longhorn setback came at Stanford. Texas' season did include a signature win over 4th ranked Georgia, which finished the season 8-1.

California and Stanford will now turn their attention to the Pac 12 Conference Championships and next month's NCAA Championships while Georgia will begin the SEC Championships today.

Rank | Prev | Division I | Women
    1 | 1 | Stanford | 325
    2 | 2 | Texas | 306
    3 | 2 | California | 303
    4 | 4 | Georgia | 286
    5 | 5 | Southern Cal | 269
    6 | 6 | Michigan | 260
    7 | 7 | NC State | 246
    7 | 8 | Virginia | 234
    9 | 9 | Texas A&M | 228
    10 | 10 | Louisville | 202
    11 | 11 | Auburn | 187
    12 | 12 | Wisconsin | 185
    13 | 13 | Missouri | 170
    14 | 14 | Tennessee | 146
    15 | 15 | Indiana | 144
    16 | 16 | Kentucky | 126
    17 | 17 | Arizona | 115
    18 | 18 | Duke | 96
    19 | 21 | UCLA | 87
    20 | 19 | Florida | 81
    21 | 20 | Minnesota | 79
    22 | 22 | Ohio State | 57
    23 | 23 | North Carolina | 45
    24 | 24 | Louisiana State | 19
    25 | 24 | Yale | 15

www.cscaa.org/top25

http://www.cscaa.org/news/2017213/st...with-1-ranking

------

Great meet. Watched on my DVR which unfortunately stopped recording before the finish of the 4x100 FR relay. Definitely just got out touched on a lot of races. Was surprised we lost both BK events. I'm convinced Ledecky's heart and lungs are double the size of a normal human. Crowd looked great on TV. Good luck at P12 and NCAAs!

------

USA Swimming tweeted on 19 Feb 2017: These are currently the division 1 top times in the country. A lot more swimming to go on the road to the NCAA Championships.

------

Definitely seeing some very impressive times being thrown down @ the SEC/ACC/B1G conference champs in progress this week! Remains to be seen whether these swift swims will be replicated or perhaps even surpassed come NCAAs with its attendant high pressure environment & intense atmosphere.

Our women's turn will come starting next Wed evening (22 Jan) up in Federal Way @ Pac-12s. The main goal would I reckon involve snagging NCAA cuts and putting down fast times to optimise seeding in March whilst fine tuning some race strategy & relay lineups ...

Beating the fave furdette juggernaut & trojanette champs from last year's conference would def be sweet if just for bragging rights, not to mention providing a bit of a confidence booster, esp if it comes at the expense of Stanfurd lol ... The priority for national title contending powerhouses like Cal & LSJU should be striving to save the very best for the big dance tho, when it matters the most - whilst striving to race tough & fast @ Pac-12s at the same time. IMO ... YMMV

------

‘THEY RESTED!’: HOW FAST SWIMMING DOESN’T ALWAYS IMPLY FULL TAPER

https://swimswam.com/rested-fast-swi...ly-full-taper/

------

2017 NCAA Time Standards

Here are the 2017 NCAA Swimming and Diving Championship Time Standards alon with last year's 'Actual' Qualifying times. Additionally, we have also projected the expected qualifying time for the 2017 NCAA Division I Championships. This number also equates to 1.0 points on the CollegeSwimming Recruit Power Index.

Division I - Women

Event | A Cut | B Cut | Projected | 2016

50 Freestyle | 21.80 | 22.99 | 22.26 | 22.32
    100 Freestyle | 47.69 | 49.99 | 48.69 | 48.77
    200 Freestyle | 1:43.63 | 1:47.99 | 1:45.89 | 1:45.93
    500 Freestyle | 4:36.30 | 4:47.79 | 4:42.29 | 4:42.52
    1650 Freestyle | 15:53.50 | 16:30.59 | 16:17.70 | 16:17.89
    100 Backstroke | 51.45 | 55.09 | 52.87 | 52.93
    200 Backstroke | 1:51.95 | 1:59.19 | 1:54.18 | 1:54.47
    100 Breaststroke | 59.04 | 1:01.49 | 1:00.61 | 1:00.66
    200 Breaststroke | 2:07.33 | 2:15.99 | 2:10.68 | 2:10.89
    100 Butterfly | 51.49 | 54.49 | 52.70 | 52.77
    200 Butterfly | 1:54.01 | 1:59.59 | 1:56.79 | 1:57.02
    200 Individual Medley | 1:55.35 | 2:01.59 | 1:57.59 | 1:57.90
    400 Individual Medley | 4:05.36 | 4:19.39 | 4:50.91 | 4:11.05
    200 Freestyle Relay | 1:28.98 | 1:29.75
    400 Freestyle Relay | 3:15.78 | 3:17.11
    800 Freestyle Relay | 7:05.68 | 7:08.93
    200 Medley Relay | 1:37.21 | 1:37.71
    400 Medley Relay | 3:33.40 | 3:34.96

https://www.collegeswimming.com/news...eb/16/cuts/#1f

------

Maggie: Good Luck to my binches + Cynthia at PAC 12's������ #canigetagobears

------

Amy: Ohhhh baby championship season is coming up �� prepare yourself for the flood of posts coming #Grrrrrrarrrrr

https://www.instagram.com/p/BQq_zN-B...khLZkkEK5hWE0/

------

Keaton: First Pac 12s with my Bears �� Let's get it

------

Jaz: Doin' it for the name on my cap ����*♀️����
    #round3
    Thanks @matthewrubelphotography for the sick pic

https://www.instagram.com/p/BQyOUmrh7zL/

------

Aislinn: pac 12s ready! ������ #gobears

------

Katie: let's GET ITTTTT bears!! ���� #grrra

https://www.instagram.com/p/BQv7YBaly7U/

------

2017 Pac-12s thread here => http://bearinsider.com/forums/showth...amps-(Women-s)

------
    Last edited by UrsusArctosCalifornicus; 02-21-2017 at 11:48 AM. Reason: chest bump lol

Quote Originally Posted by UrsusArctosCalifornicus View Post
    ------

Stanford Women Cap Perfect Season With #1 Ranking

February 13, 2017

For the second-straight year, the Stanford Cardinal conclude the dual meet season atop the Division I Women's CSCAA / TYR Top 25.

Stanford capped a perfect 8-0 season with a dominating 177-123 win over previously second-ranked California. Stanford has won 15 straight dual meets dating back to its last visit to Cal in February 2015.

Cal finished the season 7-2 overall and 6-1 against the Pac-12 and the loss dropped the Golden Bears to third behind an 11-1 Texas team. The lone Longhorn setback came at Stanford. Texas' season did include a signature win over 4th ranked Georgia, which finished the season 8-1.

California and Stanford will now turn their attention to the Pac 12 Conference Championships and next month's NCAA Championships while Georgia will begin the SEC Championships today.

Rank | Prev | Division I | Women
    1 | 1 | Stanford | 325
    2 | 2 | Texas | 306
    3 | 2 | California | 303
    4 | 4 | Georgia | 286
    5 | 5 | Southern Cal | 269
    6 | 6 | Michigan | 260
    7 | 7 | NC State | 246
    7 | 8 | Virginia | 234
    9 | 9 | Texas A&M | 228
    10 | 10 | Louisville | 202
    11 | 11 | Auburn | 187
    12 | 12 | Wisconsin | 185
    13 | 13 | Missouri | 170
    14 | 14 | Tennessee | 146
    15 | 15 | Indiana | 144
    16 | 16 | Kentucky | 126
    17 | 17 | Arizona | 115
    18 | 18 | Duke | 96
    19 | 21 | UCLA | 87
    20 | 19 | Florida | 81
    21 | 20 | Minnesota | 79
    22 | 22 | Ohio State | 57
    23 | 23 | North Carolina | 45
    24 | 24 | Louisiana State | 19
    25 | 24 | Yale | 15

www.cscaa.org/top25

http://www.cscaa.org/news/2017213/st...with-1-ranking

------
    Realize it's a dual meet ranking, but would be shocked if UT broke into the top 3 @ NCAAs. IU looks low and no way UCLA should be worse than Duke.

------

Cal W Swim/Dive: Congratulations to @kvredeveld1 - the Athletic Study Center's Scholar-Athlete of the Week!

------

Abbey

------

Driven To Excel

2/21/2017 11:16 AM | By: Herb Benenson

After winning two medals at the Rio Olympics, Abbey Weitzeil fits right into the Cal culture (Skip Stubbs).

Following the path taken by two older sisters, Abbey Weitzeil decided to try swimming as a 9-year-old in a Sacramento-area summer rec league. Three months later when the sessions ended, she quit. She just didn't like it.

But after skipping the next summer, Weitzeil returned to the pool, soon found the enjoyment – and success – she was seeking, and now, 10 years later, finds herself as one of the top sprint freestylers in the world.

Despite the late start to the sport, her talents in the water have resulted in such lofty honors as American-record holder, U.S. Trials champion and Olympic medalist.

Weitzeil and the rest of her Golden Bear teammates are geared up for this week's Pac-12 Championships, which run Wednesday through Saturday in Federal Way, Washington. Weitzeil is the top seed in both the 50- and 100-yard free and will play a key role on multiple Cal relays for the third-ranked Bears.

Weitzeil, whose family has since relocated to southern California, initially signed with Cal in the fall of 2014. With the Olympics on the horizon, she elected to defer enrollment for a year to keep training with her club coach at Canyons Aquatic Club.

"I wanted to stay with what I knew would work and what I believed in at the time, just so I was more comfortable and didn't have to change anything," Weitzeil said. "Coming into college, there's a lot of change – the food aspect, the dorms – so it was easier for me to put everything into swimming and not have to worry about school."

The decision clearly was the right one as Weitzeil proceeded to swim the fastest time ever in the 50-yard free, going 21.12 last March. A little over three months later, she won both the 50-meter free and 100-meter free at the Olympic Trials to earn a spot on the U.S. team for Rio. At the Games, she secured a pair of medals, claiming silver on the 400-meter free relay and gold on the 400-meter medley relay.

Once the Olympics ended, Weitzeil transitioned into her new environment in Berkeley. Not only did she have to get used to living away from home, but she also had to acclimate to school after a year away from studies, as well as to new teammates and a new coach.

"It's been better than I expected," Weitzeil said. "I think I've adjusted better than I thought I would. Coming here and experiencing something new has been great. It's refreshing."

Cal coach Teri McKeever, the 2012 U.S. Olympic women's team head coach, has seen her fair share of swimmers return from high-level international competition and have to acquaint themselves to the college regimen.

"I think she's just now giving herself credit," McKeever said. "The freshman year of college is a huge transition no matter who you are. I think she's done a really nice job and I'm really excited to see what she can do going into Pac-12's and the rest of her time at Cal."

As a sprint freestyler, Weitzeil joins a crew that has become one of the strongest aspects of the Cal program. Senior Farida Osman is a two-time Pac-12 champion in the 50 free and the current school-record holder (21.32), and the Bears are the two-time defending NCAA champions in the 200 free relay, a group that included Osman, Kristen Vredeveld, Valerie Hull and Amy Bilquist last year.

"She has a very competitive spirit," McKeever said. "She doesn't like to lose. I think every team needs multiple people like that. She's also willing to do the work to be one of the world's best sprinters. The sprinter in a collegiate program is really a key piece to a lot of individual and relay success. To have one of the best in the world is a nice card to be able to play as a coach. After taking a year off and it really being about her individual performance, I think she's done an amazing job of being unselfish and being a part of the team and willing to help us in different areas."

One of those different areas is the breaststroke. When McKeever looked at putting together her 200 medley relay, she knew already had a strong freestyle in Osman, who has anchored three different relays to national titles. So McKeever inserted Weitzeil on the breaststroke leg during a December meet in Georgia, and the result was the third-fastest time in school history.

"I knew that she was a breaststroker when she first started swimming and I knew she was fast," McKeever said. "I didn't know she was going to step into it as well as she has. I think it's been fun for her to do it and it's been a nice bonus for us."

Added Osman: "It's fun to have her there. She's very competitive and I'm very competitive. She brings a lot positive energy to practice. I just love watching her race. She just puts her heart out there. I love relays and having Abbey on it makes it way more fun."

With her first conference and national championship meets straight ahead, Weitzeil has set some ambitious goals. Based on her previous results and her drive to win, they fit right in with her personality.

"I'd love to go back and break my American record and hopefully bring some titles home," Weitzeil said of NCAA's that are scheduled for March 15-18 in Indianapolis. "It's going to be an insane meet. It's going to be fun and crazy. I like to win, like a lot of people do. I'm sure there's not one of us out there that doesn't."

With the drive for success her Cal teammates clearly have, Weitzeil fits right in.

http://www.calbears.com/news/2017/2/...-to-excel.aspx

------

btw some solid discussion in the aftermath of the furdette domination @ Pac-12s going on here @ tedbear's thread:

Final Swim Event Rankings: Pre NCAA Championships
    Major updates to the 2 lists here upon the conclusion of the 2017 Pac-12 Championship meet over the weekend! (click on the list titles below for links to the pdf docs)

NCAA Pre-Selection Psych Sheet

------

2017 NCAA Division I Women’s Championship Pre-Selection Psych Sheet Released

Stanford has the fastest entry in every individual event except for the breaststrokes, where Indiana’s King leads the way, and the 200 backstroke, where Cal’s Kathleen Baker has the fastest time. Stanford also has the number one time in all but the 200 freestyle relay, where Cal is .13 ahead.

The women’s championship will take place March 15-18 in Indianapolis.

Top Seeds:
    50 free: Simone Manuel, Stanford, 21.29
    100 free: Simone Manuel, Stanford, 46.36
    200 free: Simone Manuel, Stanford, 1:40.37
    500 free: Katie Ledecky, Stanford, 4:25.15
    1650 free: Katie Ledecky, Stanford, 15:03.92
    100 back: Ally Howe, Stanford, 49.69
    200 back: Kathleen Baker, Cal, 1:48.33
    100 breast: Lilly King, Indiana, 56.30
    200 breast: Lilly King, Indiana, 2:04.03
    100 fly: Janet Hu, Stanford, 50.39
    200 fly: Ella Eastin, Stanford, 1:51:85
    200 IM: Ella Eastin, Stanford, 1:52.34
    400 IM: Ella Eastin, Stanford, 4:00.36

200 free relay: Cal, 1:26.31
    400 free relay: Stanford, 3:08.51
    800 free relay: Stanford, 6:49.42
    200 medley relay: Stanford, 1:34.32
    400 medley relay: Stanford, 3:26.74

The official, cut-down psych sheets should be posted Wednesday. Typically, between 38 and 40 women are selected per event. Check back over the next two weeks for a comprehensive preview of the meet.

https://www.swimmingworldmagazine.co...heet-released/

------

NCAA RELEASES DIVISION I WOMEN’S PRE-SELECTION PSYCH SHEETS

https://swimswam.com/ncaa-releases-w...-psych-sheets/

------

SCORING THE NCAA D1 WOMEN’S PRE-SELECTION PSYCH SHEET

The NCAA released the pre-selection psych sheet today. While this isn’t the final official psych sheet, the cut line will fall well below the scoring swimmers at 16th place and any event changes will be minor. Therefore scoring out this psych sheet gives a fairly valid impression of where teams stand heading into the meet. The biggest missing variable here is diving which isn’t one the pre-selection psych sheet.

Unsurprisingly, season long #1 Stanford has a large lead over California 551 to 400. There are a large number of teams that are competitive for the 3rd spot. USC, NC State, Texas, Georgia, and Texas A&M are all seeded within 38 points of each other.

Stanford has 4 of the top 5 swimmers by individual seeded points. Kathleen Baker of California with 54 points was the non Stanford able to break into the top 5. The complete individual swimmer points are below.

The highest single event score from a single team is Stanford with 54 in the 200 free. The event by event scores for each of the top 10 ranked teams are below.

TEAM PSYCH SHEET POINTS

RANK | TEAM | SCORE
    1 | Stanford | 551
    2 | California | 400
    3 | Southern Cali | 246
    4 | NC STATE | 223
    5 | Texas | 217
    6 | Georgia | 208
    6 | Texas A&M | 208
    8 | Virginia | 189
    9 | Michigan | 155
    10 | Louisville | 129
    11 | Wisconsin | 128
    12 | Indiana | 126
    13 | Arizona | 102
    13 | Minnesota | 102
    15 | UNC | 91
    16 | Tennessee | 85
    17 | Ohio St | 77
    18 | Kentucky | 55
    19 | Auburn | 39
    20 | UCLA | 33
    21 | Arizona St | 29
    22 | Missouri | 27
    22 | UMBC | 27
    24 | Florida St | 23
    25 | Virginia Tech | 16
    26 | Cincinnati | 15
    27 | SMU | 13
    28 | Boise St | 12
    29 | Purdue | 9
    30 | Duke | 5
    30 | Iowa | 5
    32 | Air Force | 4
    32 | Florida International | 4
    32 | South Carolina | 4
    35 | Penn St | 3
    35 | Alabama | 3
    37 | Northwestern | 1
    37 | Denver | 1

https://swimswam.com/scoring-ncaa-d1...n-psych-sheet/

------

Predicting the Field: 2017 Women’s NCAA Championships

The NCAA will go through, event by event, and add one swimmer to each, until a certain “line” (aka, all 30th-ranked swimmers) puts the field over the maximum 281 individual entries (322 total minus 41 places for divers). At that point, swimmers will be invited based on who is the closest to the NCAA Championship Record in their event. Everyone ranked 39th or higher should be invited.

...below is a list of the 281 individuals currently expected to be invited to the NCAA Championships. Georgia, USC, and Stanford are tied for the most invited athletes with 14 (the full qualifier by team counts are below the entries table).

Name | Team | Time | Event | Line
    Baker, Kathleen | Cal | 1:48.33 | 200 | Backstroke | 1
    Weitzeil, Abbey | Cal | 21.4 | 50 | Freestyle | 2
    Osman, Farida | Cal | 50.4 | 100 | Butterfly | 3
    Thomas, Noemie | Cal | 50.44 | 100 | Butterfly | 4
    Bilquist, Amy | Cal | 1:50.06 | 200 | Backstroke | 4
    McLaughlin, Katie | Cal | 1:53.29 | 200 | Butterfly | 6
    Vredeveld, Kristen | Cal | 1:43.66 | 200 | Freestyle | 9
    Murphy, Maddie | Cal | 51.62 | 100 | Butterfly | 13
    Li, Celina | Cal | 4:06.76 | 400 | Individual | Medley | 15
    Garcia Urzainqui, | Marina | Cal | 2:08.42 | 200 | Breaststroke | 15
    Devine, Chenoa | Cal | 16:08.16 | 1650 | Freestyle | 27
    Blovad, Keaton | Cal | 52.41 | 100 | Backstroke | 28
    Hull, Valerie | Cal | 22.22 | 50 | Freestyle | 38

Qualifier numbers by team
    Georgia 14
    Southern Cali 14
    Stanford 14
    California 13
    Texas A&M 13
    NC STATE 11
    Michigan 10
    Texas 10
    Arizona 9
    Auburn 9
    Kentucky 9
    Missouri 9
    Florida 8
    Louisville 8
    Virginia 8
    Indiana 7
    Minnesota 7
    Tennessee 7
    Wisconsin 7
    Ohio St 6
    UCLA 6

https://swimswam.com/predicting-fiel...championships/

------

UPDATE: Official NCAA psych sheets have now been released!

For details & discussion, check out this thread: http://bearinsider.com/forums/showth...#post842813393

------
    Last edited by UrsusArctosCalifornicus; 03-01-2017 at 12:51 PM. Reason: SwimSwam

------

Just a heads up that 2017 NCAAs will be contested tomorrow, and can be followed & discussed on these threads dedicated to the event - swim on you Bears!

2017 NCAA discussion => http://bearinsider.com/forums/showth...ng-amp-Diving)

CAL HEADS TO INDY FOR NCAA CHAMPIONSHIPS

3/13/2017 9:59 AM | By: Cal Athletics

The Bears are ready to perform at their best at the NCAA meet this week in Indianapolis (Pac-12 photo).

NCAA Championships
    Date: Wednesday-Saturday, March 15-18
    Time: Prelims: 7:00 am PT; Finals: 3:00 pm PT
    Site: IU Natatorium
    TV: ESPNU (delay, Tuesday, March 28, 4 pm PT)
    Streaming: ESPN3 (Friday and Saturday finals); http://www.indianasportscorp.org/eve...wimming-diving (all other sessions)

2017 NCAA previews & discussion => http://bearinsider.com/forums/showth...-Championships

calwswimanddive @ Buca di Beppo: The Bears have arrived in Indy for NCAA Championships!
    #GoBears �� #BucaBears #2017NCAAs

https://www.instagram.com/p/BRjuoJhDvwN/
    ------

Cal women’s swimming and diving heads to NCAA Championships

http://www.dailycal.org/2017/03/13/c...championships/

------