Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Women's VB coaching change.

Women's VB coaching change.

28-61 past 3 seasons. Last place again. I know we won a conference title and finish second
    in the NCAA's some time ago, but how much leeway does Feller get?

Mike Williams has less than ZERO power to do anything

Quote Originally Posted by barabbas View Post
    Mike Williams has less than ZERO power to do anything
    How so? He's the AD. It's his department at the moment at least until a new chancellor is named.

Let me answer your question with a question; please name one bold or even important decision Mike Williams has made in over two years as AD? The development office is still a Clusterf**k. When I asked Mike last spring What's happened to Volleball;Five years ago they were the number one ranked team? He looked at me like I was giving him a pop quiz which he had not studied.

Let me answer your question with a question; please name one bold or even important decision Mike Williams has made in over two years as AD? The development office is still a Clusterf**k. When I asked Mike last spring What's happened to Volleball;Five years ago they were the number one ranked team? He looked at me like I was giving him a pop quiz which he had not studied.
    New women's water polo coach, Coralie Simmons.

When you have an organized aquatic group like Cal Aquatucs, doing all the work, all that Mike Williams had to do was say ok. Are you going to tell me promoting Walter Chun, for a retiring Steve Desimone was another "bold" move.

When you have an organized aquatic group like Cal Aquatucs, doing all the work, all that Mike Williams had to do was say ok. Are you going to tell me promoting Walter Chun, for a retiring Steve Desimone was another "bold" move.
    You know this BI site is getting very tiresome to read or post anything these days no matter what the topic because of grumpy and argumentative Bears like yourself. Contentious. No one seems to be happy about anything. Geesh. Have a Happy Thanksgiving (or at least try to do so).

Quote Originally Posted by SFCALBear72 View Post
    You know this BI site is getting very tiresome to read or post anything these days no matter what the topic because of grumpy and argumentative Bears like yourself. Contentious. No one seems to be happy about anything. Geesh. Have a Happy Thanksgiving (or at least try to do so).
    HAPPY THANKSGIVING to you as well, I think. Unfortunately, I'm know I'm guilty as charged. It's hard to have my greatest passion in life(Cal Sports) being managed so poorly. I just don't talk About my problems on this board, I challenge the administration to their face. Unfortunately, I'm one of a handful who actually does. Like Frederick Douglas said, "Agitate! Agitate! Agitate!"
    Last edited by barabbas; 11-24-2016 at 10:17 AM.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING to you as well, I think. Unfortunately, I'm know I'm guilty as charged. It's hard to have my greatest passion in life(Cal Sports) being managed so poorly. I just don't talk About my problems on this board, I challenge the administration to their face. Unfortunately, I'm one of a handful who actually does. Like Frederick Douglas said, "[/B]Agitate! Agitate! Agitate!"[/B]
    Thank you. I'm as passionate about Cal sports as anyone. I'm also as frustrated by the lack of success in many sports... particularly football. Have a great day.

True Blue Golden Bear

As expected Cal loss their last game of the season.

Final score at Stanford was 25-15, 25-8 & 25-15. http://www.calbears.com/news/2016/11...-stanford.aspx

Last games for Kerr, Jordan, Jensen, Blackwell, Leap, and perhaps Feller? Truth not sure if I will renew my season tickets after this year.

Quote Originally Posted by OBear073akaSMFan View Post
    Final score at Stanford was 25-15, 25-8 & 25-15. http://www.calbears.com/news/2016/11...-stanford.aspx

Last games for Kerr, Jordan, Jensen, Blackwell, Leap, and perhaps Feller? Truth not sure if I will renew my season tickets after this year.
    Don't know why you would unless there's substantial change with this coaching staff. Disgraceful how far it has fallen.

Bad example. Hire was in reaction to a resignation at an awkward time relative to the new season. The change (much needed) was not initiated by the AD.

VB team/fan banquet usually in Jan.
    After that? McShane takes over?

True Blue Golden Bear
    Quote Originally Posted by conservativebear View Post
    Don't know why you would unless there's substantial change with this coaching staff. Disgraceful how far it has fallen.
    I do it for the school, girls, and the sport..and not because of the coach. Same reason why I go to T&F ..not because of Tony Sandoval.

Eight Pac-12 volleyball teams selected for the tournament. No Cal. Again.