Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Women's VB coaching change.

Quote Originally Posted by oskigobears View Post
    McShane left to coach at Air Force for one thing.......
    Actually, Sam Crosson who replaced McShane did a tremendous job at Cal, and when he left to become the HC at Cal Poly after the 2011 season, things started to go downhill for whatever reason.

Agreed Sam Crosson did a great job too.

Time for Cal vb to make a big turnaround!

True Blue Golden Bear
    Agreed Sam Crosson did a great job too.

Time for Cal vb to make a big turnaround!
    wouldn't mind him returning ..if he is in charge. Thought our recruiting has been okay for the last couple of years but we seem to be having the same problems. We need a change at the top.

Crossen's done ok.

Quote Originally Posted by OBear073akaSMFan View Post
    wouldn't mind him returning ..if he is in charge. Thought our recruiting has been okay for the last couple of years but we seem to be having the same problems. We need a change at the top.
    All things considered, is he the best Cal can do? He can't get CPSLO past LBS or Hawaii since he's
    been there. Most coaches at the Cal st. programs have been there forever. Can we look nationwide
    to find the right person?

Mahalo to you too sansei bear. i am 3rd gen. too. always a pleasure to read your posts. sam could be ok. LB state and hawaii have historically been very strong in volleyball. so tougher to recruit to cal poly. i felt sam helped with front line defense the most. i believe he introduced the blocking schemes that helped Cal alot defensively. their defense is ok now and backline is where they have struggled. their passing is inconsistent so they tend to be out of system, which makes their ok offense worse at times. carly was a tremendous setter and blocker and those teams passed well. the setter from san francisco transfer turned out to be a very good setter as well. those teams did well. only my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by LodeBear View Post
    Mahalo to you too sansei bear. i am 3rd gen. too. always a pleasure to read your posts. sam could be ok. LB state and hawaii have historically been very strong in volleyball. so tougher to recruit to cal poly. i felt sam helped with front line defense the most. i believe he introduced the blocking schemes that helped Cal alot defensively. their defense is ok now and backline is where they have struggled. their passing is inconsistent so they tend to be out of system, which makes their ok offense worse at times. carly was a tremendous setter and blocker and those teams passed well. the setter from san francisco transfer turned out to be a very good setter as well. those teams did well. only my opinion.
    Wow, what a coincidence with us both being sansei, although I'm most likely much older than you since I was born in 1939, but the heart is still young! Hau'oli Makahiki Hou to you and your ohana.

It would be nice to get back to the performances of the 2003-2012 teams: Averaging 25 wins a season, consistent top 4 finishes in Conference,
    and an occasional conference title along with a deep NCAA run. (Final 4's). Hard to believe the AZ schools have passed us by in the standings.
    Are they out-recruiting us too?

well sansei bear it is always great that the heart is still young. Ha Ha, iam 10 years your junior but I hope i can still be active and continue playing senior tennis well in 10 years. hopefully my body and heart will still be going strong. take care and i love you avatar. how old is the suit of armor and helmet? happy new year to you and your family

.....how old is the suit of armor and helmet? happy new year to you and your family
    The photo was taken in Hiroshima Castle this past June where you can borrow the outfit so I have no idea as to its age.

IMG_0194.jpg

well sansei bear it is always great that the heart is still young. Ha Ha, iam 10 years your junior but I hope i can still be active and continue playing senior tennis well in 10 years. hopefully my body and heart will still be going strong. take care and i love you avatar. how old is the suit of armor and helmet? happy new year to you and your family
    Wow, I have 3 things in common with you.

Quote Originally Posted by ccajon View Post
    All things considered, is he the best Cal can do? He can't get CPSLO past LBS or Hawaii since he's
    been there. Most coaches at the Cal st. programs have been there forever. Can we look nationwide
    to find the right person?
    pleased to see that at LONG last there may be a change. i feel sorry for the girls like mandy kerr etal who were very good and should have done as well as the carli lloyd teams. i'm an old fart and will be here until i die, but those girls have graduated already.

crosson's first year at cpslo they played us. i was worried he'd outcoach us, but we won. i wondered if it's harder to attract the better players to cpslo? i'd take crosson over feller, but if there's better, i prefer better.

I guess the idea of a coaching change is not really happening afterall. Any further updates?

vb banquet coming up. Jan 21
    If any changes coming, would likely be AFTER....

AD has been a bit busy this week too and I hear he is traveling next week.

vb banquet coming up. Jan 21
    If any changes coming, would likely be AFTER....

AD has been a bit busy this week too and I hear he is traveling next week.
    Thank you. Yes, the AD has been rather busy this week with other important matters.

Quote Originally Posted by SFCALBear72 View Post
    Thank you. Yes, the AD has been rather busy this week with other important matters.
    Reckon I'll like to vote for this as the understatement of the week lol