Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Recruiting for 2017

Anyone have any info on Sueing's visit? Not a peep. Or am I on the wrong site?

Real Bear
    I saw him there. Don't know much more than that.

Tillman just committed to Utah. https://twitter.com/D_Tillman22

Damn, I wanted him bad. Would have fit so well at the 3.

Quote Originally Posted by BC Calfan View Post
    Tillman just committed to Utah. https://twitter.com/D_Tillman22

Damn, I wanted him bad. Would have fit so well at the 3.
    Writing was on the wall when his visit was cancelled. Presumably, this helps Cal with Justice Sueing.

Real Bear
    If we can get Sueing, Shepherd and Caruso, I'd be happy. But there is a lot that can happen between now and the beginning of next season.

Sueing verbally committed to Cal.

Real Bear
    One down, two to go.

anybody know why Cal didn't offer Jordan Tucker? He goes to the same HS as Jaylen Brown and is a Top 40 4* player.

http://insider.espn.com/college-spor.../jordan-tucker
    Last edited by GoCalBears; 02-01-2017 at 08:51 PM.

Real Bear
    Quote Originally Posted by GoCalBears View Post
    anybody know why Cal didn't offer Jordan Tucker? He goes to the same HS as Jaylen Brown and is a Top 40 4* player.

http://insider.espn.com/college-spor.../jordan-tucker
    My guess is that he doesn't fit the coaches vision.

Real Bear
    According to Twitter, the coaches have offered Mark Smith out of Edwardsville, IL. Seems like he's a combo guard.? Plus the offer for Olivier Sarr... Interesting developments.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=In0sttuWkE8

Interesting offer. From highlight videos, he has a sweet looking stroke with NBA range, great handles with the ability to finish with either hand, good court vision, solid athleticism, and size for the position. What's not to like? He must be really flying under the radar, or is just a late bloomer.

Quote Originally Posted by parentswerebears View Post
    According to Twitter, the coaches have offered Mark Smith out of Edwardsville, IL. Seems like he's a combo guard.? Plus the offer for Olivier Sarr... Interesting developments.
    Wow, getting both recruits would be huge! Do we have enough scholarships to take both?

Quote Originally Posted by parentswerebears View Post
    Edwardsville is a St Louis suburb, former Cuonzo assistant Jon Harris' hometown. A Cal friend's wife is from there and we were highly entertained when the male members of her family were firing off potato bazookas on their farm. Praised her cousins on the family arsenal after the wedding reception and they calmly fired off a 21 potato salute in the middle of downtown St Louis.

Illinois board is in a tizzy, convinced that Cuonzo will be the next UI coach since Tracy Webster was recruiting in Eville and St Louis last weekend. Apparently not babysitting or vulturing UI signed recruits.

Quote Originally Posted by BearDevil View Post
    Edwardsville is a St Louis suburb, former Cuonzo assistant Jon Harris' hometown. A Cal friend's wife is from there and we were highly entertained when the male members of her family were firing off potato bazookas on their farm. Praised her cousins on the family arsenal after the wedding reception and they calmly fired off a 21 potato salute in the middle of downtown St Louis.

Illinois board is in a tizzy, convinced that Cuonzo will be the next UI coach since Tracy Webster was recruiting in Eville and St Louis last weekend. Apparently not babysitting or vulturing UI signed recruits.
    Would not surprise me to see Cuonzo start to get mentions for open jobs in the Midwest. He has done a very good job this season. The team plays hard always and has improved over the course of the season. He will become a hot commodity if the team continues to play well. Not sure he is an "elite" coach but we are starting to see his imprint on the program. I hope Cal can keep him. He has a culture developing and Cal is now considered a "tough" team. They play very good defense and rebound extremely well. He is close to pushing Cal over the hump. The 2017 class so far is pretty good. Sarr would be a very nice addition. The 2018 class could be really good. Cal has good relationships with some top targets.

Was not always a Cuonzo fan but he is winning me over. Love how hard they play. Cal has a winner IMO. Hope they can keep him.

Cal lucked out big time on Cuonzo. Tennessee and Marquette both screwed up. Had UT been more patient, Cuonzo could have locked down Nashville and been very competitive in Memphis, Atlanta, and Charlotte. SAR helped a lot with Jaylen to Cal, but Cuonzo had already been recruiting him while at UT.

Cuonzo already has recruiting ties to St Louis, Chicago, and Indy and would have been plug and play at Marquette. Far better coach now than Wojo with a significantly higher upside.

Illinois and Missouri would be foolish not to make serious runs at Cuonzo now. Thankfully for us, both have the same problem as UT: rural locations and unable to recruit nationally and internationally.

MW pulled a coup in replacing Sonny ahead of schedule and upgrading with Wilcox. Cuonzo needs to be more competitive recruiting in SoCal and his offensive is improving, but he has a very high ceiling. Thankfully Painter is entrenched at Purdue. Don't f this up, MW.
    Last edited by BearDevil; 02-09-2017 at 07:56 AM.