Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 61213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: OT - Selling My Equities

Quote Originally Posted by sycasey View Post
    It's just stunningly bad, isn't it? Using up so much political capital on something that will (1) most likely fail to pass and (2) completely destroy Republican reelection chances if it ever does (not to mention actually killing people in the process). I'd put down even money that Trump himself doesn't even know what's in the bill, but for the Republican Congress it's such a bizarre play with so little potential payoff.

Obama took a lot of flack in passing the ACA, but he also boxed the GOP into a corner -- the law was already about as right-leaning as you could get for a universal health care approach that is still workable, so the current "conservative" party literally has nowhere to go, unless they want to actively strip their own constituents' health coverage away from them.
    You forgot to add one little point.
    (3) add millions of people to the list of people without health care coverage.

Quote Originally Posted by GivemTheAxe View Post
    You forgot to add one little point.
    (3) add millions of people to the list of people without health care coverage.
    Well, I did mention "actually killing people," so there's that.

Quote Originally Posted by burritos View Post
    Because Trump is doing exactly as he promised. Screw buyer's remorse. I really hope Trump and cumpany run this bad boy for 8 years.
    Trump is not doing as he promised. He promised to insure everybody at lower cost with better care. He promised jobs in the rust belt. He promised to lock up Hillary and make Mexico pay for the wall. He's a massive liar.

Quote Originally Posted by dajo9 View Post
    Trump is not doing as he promised. He promised to insure everybody at lower cost with better care. He promised jobs in the rust belt. He promised to lock up Hillary and make Mexico pay for the wall. He's a massive liar.
    He promised to repeal obamacare and replace it with "something terrific." The definition of "Something terrific" is open to interpretation. If he kicks the hicks off of medicaid, and then puts the trump stamp of approval on this action and declares it "Something better" then it is. People who supported him or didn't feel the need to vote for Hilary in the swing states do not deserve the right to be surprised.

He promised to repeal obamacare and replace it with "something terrific." The definition of "Something terrific" is open to interpretation. If he kicks the hicks off of medicaid, and then puts the trump stamp of approval on this action and declares it "Something better" then it is. People who supported him or didn't feel the need to vote for Hilary in the swing states do not deserve the right to be surprised.
    I don't know, it seems like a pretty widely-held opinion on both sides that this Paul Ryan bill is not "terrific."

I don't know, it seems like a pretty widely-held opinion on both sides that this Paul Ryan bill is not "terrific."
    Terrific and "terrific" can have absolutely no consequential connection in reality. Trump was knowlingly elected to serve up "terrific" which we ought to know is independent of reality based terrific or popular consensus terrific.

If people warn you that you are about to elect a con man and you elect him and then get conned by the con man, who's fault is that?

Terrific and "terrific" can have absolutely no consequential connection in reality. Trump was knowlingly elected to serve up "terrific" which we ought to know is independent of reality based terrific or popular consensus terrific.
    I think once your health insurance is gone the "reality-based terrific" will become pretty clear.

Look burritos, I generally agree with you. People who voted for Trump deserve what comes to them from a Trump administration. I just can't abide by the idea, mostly pushed by his allies, that he is doing what he said he would do. He is not. He specifically said everybody would get better, cheaper, health care, among the other things I listed. His campaign was a lie. Every day of his Presidency that he speaks he lies.

Look burritos, I generally agree with you. People who voted for Trump deserve what comes to them from a Trump administration. I just can't abide by the idea, mostly pushed by his allies, that he is doing what he said he would do. He is not. He specifically said everybody would get better, cheaper, health care, among the other things I listed. His campaign was a lie. Every day of his Presidency that he speaks he lies.
    Ok. You're right. Do you not agree that America deserves trump? That we deserve better?

Well Trump had a great mentor when it comes to health care promises - I'm still waiting on that $2K reduction for my families healthcare bill.

Ok. You're right. Do you not agree that America deserves trump? That we deserve better?
    America doesn't deserve Trump as most of us were smart enough to vote against him. But some key demographics definitely deserve Trump.

Quote Originally Posted by clipman View Post
    Well Trump had a great mentor when it comes to health care promises - I'm still waiting on that $2K reduction for my families healthcare bill.
    The rate of growth of costs decreased just as Obama said it would. Obama was right, you just don't understand what he was saying.

But really, aren't you embarrassed comparing Obama to Trump who's Presidency is going down in flames of Russian collusion, lies, and incompetence in just months?
    Last edited by dajo9; 03-20-2017 at 04:36 PM.

The rate of growth of costs decreased just as Obama said it would. Obama was right, you just don't understand what he was saying.

But really, aren't you embarrassed comparing Obama to Trump who's Presidency is going down in flames of Russian collusion, lies, and incompetence in just months?
    STFU with your politics on a football board you insufferable idiots.

Well, I did mention "actually killing people," so there's that.
    OK you get extra credit for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Chapman_is_Gone View Post
    STFU with your politics on a football board you insufferable idiots.
    Off Topic posts on Bear Insider. Horrors! Who let that happen.