Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New Coach Hottie Thread

New Coach Hottie Thread

[insert hottie pictures here]

I'm sorry, not feeling like this coaching change is going to be a spark. Maybe instead of Hotties, we can have Notties.

So, some dude came on here and said "there IS a plan".
    However, we have no coach, and recruits are therefore going elsewhere, as I read in some other thread.
    Some plan!

....well, to be fair, it's not like Sonny was doing anything about it, either...

Which recruits are going elsewhere? So far, I've heard that we added a stud 4 star CB, Elijah Hicks, who de-committed from Notre Dame, one of our DB recruits, Michael Onyemaobi, has said that he will take some office visits (though has not de-committed). Everything else I've heard and read is that our commits remain true to this point.

Just felt like being a Debbie Downer?

Quote Originally Posted by concordtom View Post
    However, we have no coach, and recruits are therefore going elsewhere, as I read in some other thread.
    Some plan!

....well, to be fair, it's not like Sonny was doing anything about it, either...
    Dude you are full of sh!t. No recruits have decommited. And there clearly wasn't a plan, just a jackass claiming there was a plan. If they get the 3 headed monster that they are aiming for .... cal will be a much stronger program

Quote Originally Posted by Beardog26 View Post
    Which recruits are going elsewhere? So far, I've heard that we added a stud 4 star CB, Elijah Hicks, who de-committed from Notre Dame, one of our DB recruits, Michael Onyemaobi, has said that he will take some office visits (though has not de-committed). Everything else I've heard and read is that our commits remain true to this point.

jerermiah hawkins is taking vists too now

Quote Originally Posted by BEAST2324MODE View Post
    jerermiah hawkins is taking vists too now
    OK, so since the firing two of our 15 commits are going to take official visits (without having de-committed) and we added one 4 star CB. Sounds like the sky is falling.

Typically in other situations, the de-commits come after the recruits know who the new coach will be. I wouldn't blame a recruit for checking his options now, but there really aren't many Power 5 conference options as most teams already have a full slate of recruits. However I would think that if there is not a new coach on board by National Letter of Intent signing day that most high school coaches would advise their players not to send in a LOI until Cal has a coach. Only a legacy recruit who wants to go to the school his family attended would sign a LOI if Cal still didn't have a coach in February. I went to Cal because my father went to Cal as did his best friend (Cal Crew) and we went to Cal football games when I was old enough to walk up the stadium steps or steady enough not to fall into the Alameda estuary at crew meets. I would have liked to have played for Cal, but going to Cal was more important than playing sports. Are there any legacy recruits in this group? Again wait and see what happens when we have a new coach.

Quote Originally Posted by Beardog26 View Post

Worst thread ever.

Quote Originally Posted by TouchedTheAxeIn82 View Post
    Worst thread ever.
    Seriously. I clicked on this thread with certain expectations. "Nine replies" on the thread four years ago meant about 50-100 pics. What does that say about our life and times in 2017?

True Blue Golden Bear KoreAmBear's Avatar
    Fake news.

I meant to add the following to this thread's subject line: "s are so 2008"

Quote Originally Posted by concordtom View Post
    Some plan!

Yeah, like Cal's top 10 recruiting class is falling apart..lol...

Quote Originally Posted by mbBear View Post
    Yeah, like Cal's top 10 recruiting class is falling apart..lol...
    It is top 10, in our conference though.
    The University of California - One of the finest universities in the world, is the oldest public university in our great state with origins dating back to 1855, and university status granted in 1868. Go Bears!