Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Kianna Smith McD's AA

Kianna Smith McD's AA

http://www.mcdonaldsallamerican.com/...ster_FINAL.pdf

Great honor. A bit of a late "bloomer", I'm hoping she can be that scorer from the perimeter we haven't quite had since Layshia (but bigger and a better 3-point shooter!)

Congrats Kianna! This is indeed a great honor!

I'm really looking forward to having more guards on our roster. Especially All-American guards!

Kianna is definitely a quality free throw shooter (86%) which will help, too.
    http://www.maxpreps.com/high-schools...ball/stats.htm
    Congrats!
    Last edited by Schroeder71; 01-18-2017 at 11:35 PM.

Congratulations, Kianna!! Well-deserved recognition.

Pac-12 is well-represented on the West squad. Tough conference getting tougher.

Congratulations!! I truly think she will be the answer to so many of Cal's problems. We will be getting a highly efficient 3 point shooter, 85%+ FT shooter, low TO ball handler... I hope she starts at the 2 from Day one and allows Mikayla to move to her natural position. GO BEARS

Quote Originally Posted by CalFanatic View Post
    Congratulations!! I truly think she will be the answer to so many of Cal's problems. We will be getting a highly efficient 3 point shooter, 85%+ FT shooter, low TO ball handler... I hope she starts at the 2 from Day one and allows Mikayla to move to her natural position. GO BEARS
    +1

What about Brown?

Quote Originally Posted by puget sound cal fan View Post
    What about Brown?
    I'm expecting this year's freshies (Jaylen, Mi'Cole, and CJ) to be significantly improved next season. We'll have four returning starters and plenty of competition for the open spot (shooting guard or small forward) which could go to Jaelyn, Mi'Cole, Sara, or Kianna. I hope we use that depth to play fast and keep our perimeter people fresh.

Quote Originally Posted by wvitbear View Post
    What no Styles?
    I didn't know Alaysia was perimeter player. I had guessed she would play forward behind Penina.

She will not be a four. She is slight and though she played inside this game, she did op outside occasionally for a shot.

She will not be a four. She is slight and though she played inside this game, she did op outside occasionally for a shot.
    I remember a couple of not-too-bulky forwards who played well at Cal, Leigh Gregory and Gennifer Brandon. Probably more, but only those two come to mind. And a couple of years ago when we played UOP in Stockton the most impressive player on the court was rail-thin forward Kendall Kenyon.

However our 2017-18 rotation works out I don't think we'll have a lot of front-court experience behind Kristine and Penina, so it's possible Alaysia will help us there.

Gregory was on a team that wasn't that good so was forced to play the four position. Brandon is much taller than this girl, much stronger and can leap much higher. I just don't see her as the four. She is about 6' and thin and needs to get stronger.

I just don't see her as the four. She is about 6' and thin and needs to get stronger.
    Does she have perimeter skills -- ball handling, passing, and defense as well as outside shooting? One of my pet peeves is HS coaches not letting taller girls play outside and develop those skills. Remember our Erika Johnson and Stanford's Erica Payne?

In this game she shot maybe 2 shots from long range and I don't believe she made either. She made several midrange jumpers. She seems to be able to handle the ball. She is about the same size as Brown but not as rugged. So I would put Brown at the 4 position before I would Styles. Rather i would not put either of them if i could help it.