Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Kianna Smith McD's AA

Quote Originally Posted by wvitbear View Post
    So I would put Brown at the 4 position before I would Styles. Rather i would not put either of them if i could help it.
    Thanks for your scouting report. Your conclusion makes sense, Jaelyn is probably stronger and certainly more experienced than Alaysia. From what little I've seen Chen and CJ are centers more than forwards, so when Penina is out we might find ourselves playing with one post, two wings, and two guards. I hope we'll have the depth to keep everyone fresh and make the hustle plays.

http://www.maxpreps.com/athlete/alay...htm#year=16-17

Styles is listed as either 6-2 or 6-3. Brown is 6-1. How tall do you feel that Styles is?

Clovis West 78, Troy 51. Kianna had a nice game, however, with 18 points. (see below)

http://www.maxpreps.com/games/girls-...8NJ6mXW6Qg.htm
    Last edited by Schroeder71; 01-26-2017 at 09:11 AM.

About 6,1" tall. She was going against Salesians 6'5" center. and there was definitely a height difference.

Quote Originally Posted by BearBackerinLA View Post
    Next year starting lineup, what do you think?

1) AT
    2) Kianna
    3)Cowling
    4) Davidson
    5) Anigwe

Davidson's performance this year doesn't make it seem like she can start on a top tier Pac-12 team. Her overall shooting percentage was good, but her three-point and free-throw percentages were not. Her ballhandling is suspect (32 assists, 52 turnovers) and her best offensive spot is on the block, where that Anigwe woman seems to do pretty well.

But all that said, she may be the best option, which leaves Cal once again relying on Anigwe for most of the offense, unless Thomas becomes more consistent and Smith is an immediate double-digit scorer.
    Oṃ Tāre Tuttāre Ture Svāhā

Maybe Alaysia Styles will end as a versatile 6-3 forward like Courtney Range? Sounds as if she'll be the prototype replacement.

Quote Originally Posted by ClayK View Post
    Davidson's performance this year doesn't make it seem like she can start on a top tier Pac-12 team. Her overall shooting percentage was good, but her three-point and free-throw percentages were not. Her ballhandling is suspect (32 assists, 52 turnovers) and her best offensive spot is on the block, where that Anigwe woman seems to do pretty well.
    Davidson's three-point shooting has been infrequent and inconsistent:
    14-15: 10-25, .400
    15-16: 7-32, .219
    16-17: 8-28, .286
    By the end of this season she was passing up wide open threes. I'd love to see her work on outside shooting so we could keep her on the court for interior defense while not allowing opponents to pack the paint at the other end.

But all that said, she may be the best option, which leaves Cal once again relying on Anigwe for most of the offense, unless Thomas becomes more consistent and Smith is an immediate double-digit scorer.
    Another possibility is playing 4 out with 2 guards and 2 wings (Cowling, Brown, Styles). We'd have to play at a faster pace and get our rebounds from hustle, also interior defense could be a problem.

She is not as tall as Courtney.

2017 Women’s Basketball Coaches Association (WBCA) High School Coaches’ All-American team Honorable Mention:

https://twitter.com/superflykicks/st...97542431301632

great player
    I dont need easy, I need possible. Jorge Gutierrez

McDonald's All-Star Game is televised tomorrow (Wednesday, March 29th) @ 2pm PST on ESPN 2. It should be instructional to watch Kianna Smith perform. GO BEARS!

and Destiny Littleton