Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Kianna Smith McD's AA

Is Cal receiving an official visit from the state's leading scorer? GO BEARS!

Quote Originally Posted by Schroeder71 View Post
    Is Cal receiving an official visit from the state's leading scorer? GO BEARS!
    I'm guessing you're talking about Destiny Littleton. She's playing in the McDonald's All-American game today. She and Kianna Smith are good friends. Rumor has it that Cal coaches have already visited her in San Diego.

I watched most of the McD AA game today. Kianna didn't play a whole lot but looked very smooth. Good handles, a couple of very good passes, took only good shots (but missed 2 threes). Destiny didn't do much except get flattened on a foul and get up slowly, the announcers mentioned she'd been battling injuries all season.

Evina Westbrook from OR looked very good, too bad she didn't stay on the West Coast. Same with local Loretta Kakala. However Stanford balanced the losses with 2 players from TX and GA.

East forward Rellah Boothe cleaned the glass and also hit 4 threes, she looked like a leaner, more mobile Osahor. West guard Chennedy Carter reminded me of Brittany Boyd with fearless drives and circus passes.
    Last edited by stu; 03-29-2017 at 02:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by stu View Post
    I watched most of the McD AA game today. Kianna didn't play a whole lot but looked very smooth. Good handles, a couple of very good passes, took only good shots (but missed 2 threes). Destiny didn't do much except get flattened on a foul and get up slowly, the announcers mentioned she'd been battling injuries all season.

Evina Westbrook from OR looked very good, too bad she didn't stay on the West Coast. Same with local Loretta Kakala. However Stanford balanced the losses with 2 players from TX and GA.

East forward Rellah Boothe cleaned the glass and also hit 4 threes, she looked like a leaner, more mobile Osahor. West guard Chennedy Carter reminded me of Brittany Boyd with fearless drives and circus passes.
    Kianna also had a couple of steals and played good defense particularly on Chastity Patterson who was hitting 3's earlier in the game.

Thanks for the report, Stu. Do you have a link to the box score? (Finding box scores for high school girls' games is not easy, even on the McDonald's site.) And did anyone win?

P.S. YouTube implies that the game will be reshown tomorrow, time uncertain:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kJqS6A926WE
    Last edited by BearBint; 03-29-2017 at 03:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BearBint View Post
    Do you have a link to the box score? (Finding box scores for high school girls' games is not easy, even on the McDonald's site.) And did anyone win?
    I couldn't find a box score. Just this USA Today article

The East did win, 80-74 in OT, mostly due to hitting more threes.
    Last edited by stu; 03-29-2017 at 04:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BearBackerinLA View Post
    Thanks. Sweet kid, Mr. Tetrault, with his shout-outs to fellow athletes, females included. There's also a still photo of Kianna from yesterday:

https://twitter.com/SCTetrault_34

What a stride and such balance--almost Federesque.

http://www.mcdonaldsallamerican.com/...lsResults.html

G Kianna Smith (#14) only played 12 minutes and received PT at the end of the 2nd, 3rd & 4th quarters. She has good
    speed and athleticism. She made two of her three initial shots from the field. One was a jump shot from the free throw
    line area and the other was a layup on a scramble play under the basket. She missed a wide-open 12 foot baseline shot
    that was not close and she also shot an air ball from the right corner on a three point attempt. I don't recall the other two misses.

Kianna played team ball and passed off for an assist on a three-pointer on a drive to the basket. She also played good
    defense on Chastity Patterson, the three point bomber, from Texas. She blocked one of her attempts. Good first impression!

Destiny Littleton received 18 minutes of playing time and made one free throw. She was a gunner and appeared a bit slow-footed
    in an all-star contest like this where negligible defense is being played. Average.
    GO BEARS!
    Last edited by Schroeder71; 03-30-2017 at 11:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BearBackerinLA View Post
    Glad to see Kianna and her mother excited about Cal, the coaches and players.