Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Justice Sueing to Cal

Quote Originally Posted by TheSouseFamily View Post
    Offers reported on multiple sites from Utah, Vanderbilt, St Mary's, Hawaii and Montana. 3 stars.
    For what it's worth, ESPN has him as a four star.

Is he the Asian American one or darker skinned one?

Quote Originally Posted by OdontoBear66 View Post
    #1 player from the #5 rated high school in America....Not bad...
    This puzzled me when I read this. Given his HS national ranking, why isn't he ranked higher than a 3*-4* and why few high-major offers?

The few game clips I've seen, he seem like a good fit with the other players coming in 2017.

Quote Originally Posted by icecream12345 View Post
    haven't been keeping up with recruiting and i really thought somebody was suing our school
    Yeah something tells me there are some clumsy turns of phrase involving "justice," "sueing" and "court" in our future.

But more importantly, sounds like a good player and person. Welcome Justice!

He was a transfer in late bloomer type

I've seen him play

He is a very good player on a nationally ranked team

Quote Originally Posted by calfanz View Post
    He was a transfer in late bloomer type

I've seen him play

He is a very good player on a nationally ranked team
    Rivals has him as a 3-star, but he very well might get upgraded to a 4-start soon.

Very solidly built kid who was somewhat under the radar due to moving from Hawaii to SoCal... and perhaps once before that to Hawaii. I like what I've seen on the tape and welcome him home to Cal!!

Welcome JS!
    Thanks for picking Cal.
    I look forward to rooting for you on the court, and am confident you'll find Berkeley a life enriching experience!!!

Reminds me a little of Joe Shipp. Nice get.

True Blue Golden Bear KoreAmBear's Avatar
    From Hawaii. Great last name for a lawyer.

Quote Originally Posted by bigcocoon007 View Post
    Is he the Asian American one or darker skinned one?
    Number 2 or 23? Left/right? Tall/short?

Went to watch him play tonight against Eastvale Roosevelt. It was really hard to see his potential because Mater Dei is so balanced and they play within a pretty set offense. Very fluid player but hard to assess his potential off this one game with the way MD plays.

He was going up against Jemarl Baker, but they weren't really matched up on each other. Baker had a Monarch face guarding him any where he went with a second or third defender cheating to him when he got the ball. Again, hard to assess his talent. No one else on his team could really create their own shot and keep the defense honest. Baker has a good first step off the dribble and can get in the lane to create his own shot. He's got a lot of work to do on his outside shooting.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by CannonBlast View Post
    Went to watch him play tonight against Eastvale Roosevelt. It was really hard to see his potential because Mater Dei is so balanced and they play within a pretty set offense. Very fluid player but hard to assess his potential off this one game with the way MD plays.

He was going up against Jemarl Baker, but they weren't really matched up on each other. Baker had a Monarch face guarding him any where he went with a second or third defender cheating to him when he got the ball. Again, hard to assess his talent. No one else on his team could really create their own shot and keep the defense honest. Baker has a good first step off the dribble and can get in the lane to create his own shot. He's got a lot of work to do on his outside shooting.
    Baker is known as a great shooter, so MD must have done a great job on him.

Mater Dei with Bol is pretty loaded. They have about 4 or 5 likely high-majors. They wiped out Santa Monica Crossroads (Shareef O'Neal and Ira Lee), which played Sierra Canyon tough, in the previous game. Their next game against Chino Hills should be a barn burner.

Cannon, thx for the scouting report

when you say Baker needs a lot of work on his shot... what do you mean by that?

Quote Originally Posted by CannonBlast View Post

I dont need easy, I need possible. Jorge Gutierrez