Thread: Kudos to both men and women tennis team to adv to indoor 'ship.

True Blue Golden Bear

Kudos to both men and women tennis team who adv to indoor 'ship.

Over the weekend, both the Men's and women's teams adv to the ITA National Men's Team Indoor Championship. The 16-team field tournament is scheduled Feb. 17-20 in Charlottesville, Virginia.

Cal men defeated Tulane 4-2 and the women defeated Missouri 4-0! I attended the women's match and noticed that Maegan Manasse our #1 player was servicing underhand on both of her serves. Despite this handicap she won both her single and double matches. Anyone know the reason for why she was serving underhand? Got to think it has to do with some minor shoulder issue.
    Last edited by OBear073akaSMFan; 02-03-2017 at 05:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by OBear073akaSMFan View Post
    Over the weekend, both the Men's and women's teams adv to the ITA National Men's Team Indoor Championship. The 16-team field tournament is scheduled Feb. 17-20 in Charlottesville, Virginia.

Cal men defeated Tulane 4-2 and the women defeated Missouri 4-0! I attended the women's match and noticed that Maegan Manasse our #1 player was servicing underhand on both of her serves. Despite this handicap she won both her single and double matches. Anyone know the reason for why she was serving underhand? Got to think it has to do with some minor shoulder issue.
    Hope it is minor. Shoulder problems can be troublesome. Surprisingly an underhand serve or a weak badminton type serve can really mess up an opponent. I was playing in a tournament and a low seeded guy got hurt and served softly to the #1 seeded guy and it messed him up so much that he lost the first set. It took him a whole set for him to regain his composure because he was trying to kill each serve and he would keep hitting it out.

Quote Originally Posted by OBear073akaSMFan View Post

I spoke to a couple of Maegan's teammates at the Tulane match who confirmed that she suffered a minor shoulder injury but they thought she should be able to serve normally soon.

True Blue Golden Bear
    Quote Originally Posted by dgong View Post
    I spoke to a couple of Maegan's teammates at the Tulane match who confirmed that she suffered a minor shoulder injury but they thought she should be able to serve normally soon.
    Thanks for the information good to hear it is minor injury. Over weekend vs San Deigo St. (While the highly anticipated Pepperdine match was rained out) she played doubles only.