Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Go Fund Me to cover costs of Poutasi's mom's funeral

Glad this isn't a violation. Donated.

Quote Originally Posted by beeasyed View Post
    here's one of the better known cases:

http://www.cbssports.com/college-bas...rents-in-fire/

also, the official CalRecruiting account retweeted it as well, so hopefully compliance will be monitoring and advising on the situation as needed.
    My take from the CSU case - and from an article from the CSU beat writer st the time (can't find it on gooogle ATM)- is that Cal alumni/boosters who are directly giving to this fund are committing a NCAA violation. to be legit, they would have to give to a fund run by Cal athletics, not a friend/family member. That is because there is no accounting on where the money is actually going with the go fund me setup. In he CSU case, excess money that did not directly cover expenses could not go to the family, but had to be given to another cause.
    Last edited by ColoradoBear1; 02-04-2017 at 12:32 AM.

Donated. I also shared the CGB article on Facebook so that other alums (as well as other good hearted people) that do not follow BI or CGB could consider helpin this kid and his family. Please try to spread the word

Just my $0.02. Stickied threads are less visible than normal threads. Just not a place my eyes go when I'm on the site.

In any event, I've made a contribution and hope others do as well. There were only 73 dontations when I did mine and they're only a third of the way toward the goal.

Quote Originally Posted by ColoradoBear1 View Post
    My take from the CSU case - and from an article from the CSU beat writer st the time (can't find it on gooogle ATM)- is that Cal alumni/boosters who are directly giving to this fund are committing a NCAA violation. to be legit, they would have to give to a fund run by Cal athletics, not a friend/family member. That is because there is no accounting on where the money is actually going with the go fund me setup. In he CSU case, excess money that did not directly cover expenses could not go to the family, but had to be given to another cause.
    i didn't know that.

but looking at Sav Rennie's gofundme, would you say these two are similar, in terms of structure/compliance issue? that one was also RT and shared amongst official Cal accounts, so i'm assuming this one would also be okay?

Quote Originally Posted by ColoradoBear1 View Post
    Cal would love to be on the right side of this fight.

Donated. Cal family is stepping up. Really nice to see.

Donated. Can't imagine the emotional wave he's riding. Stay strong.

I donated and posted to one of my Cal FB groups
    "Give 'em the axe. Where? Right in neck. There!"
    The California Axe Yell
    The proper response to, "We Want The Axe!"

Before donating, please see today's update in "Go Fund me Page for Cal signees Mom Funeral Costs" thread.

Campaign is complete and no longer active.

$8,794 raised