Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Puerto Rico Softball Tournament [2/9 to 2/12] link...

Baseball Puerto Rico Softball Tournament [2/9 to 2/12] link...

http://www.goheels.com/ViewArticle.d...CLID=211458295

Cal, UNC, Ga Tech & Illinois open the softball season this Thursday through Sunday in Puerto Rico. It's unclear whether a live feed or live stats will be available. North Carolina is the only website that suggests that the games may be broadcast. They also believe Live Stats will be available. Please read the 1st paragraph of the article from Chapel Hill, NC. It appears to me from visiting each website that UNC should be the most formidable opponent, next-The Fighting Illini & then GT. I'm assuming that Cal is the best team but it's anyone's speculation at this point. The Bear's pitchng will obviously be the key to success.

If anyone finds anything more definitive-please link it here. GO BEARS!
    Last edited by Schroeder71; 02-07-2017 at 11:01 PM.

True Blue Golden Bear

The story behind this tournament

The first NCAA Puerto Rico softball Tournament to be played in the Donna Terry stadium. Donna who was the HC at Cal but because of health reason Coach Diane then took over.

http://www.calbears.com/news/2017/2/...-a-legend.aspx

http://www.ramblinwreck.com/gametrac...&startschool=&
    Live Stats from GT website. Cal gave up an unearned run off of Zoe Conley in the top of the 2nd on an error by the shortstop (Rood). Bears defense
    nor the pitcher seem sharp early as the YellowJackets have runners on second and third in the top of the 3rd...

Cal offense strings four singles together to tally three runs and take the lead, 3-1. Heading into top of 7th, Cal thumping GA Tech, 8-1, on a dozen hits!
    I've got to go to an appointment now. GO BEARS!
    Last edited by Schroeder71; 02-09-2017 at 08:39 PM.

3-1 Cal heading into the 5th. Conley with 5 k's so far.

True Blue Golden Bear
    Quote Originally Posted by Schroeder71 View Post
    http://www.ramblinwreck.com/gametrac...&startschool=&
    Live Stats from GT website. Cal gave up an unearned run off of Zoe Conley in the top of the 2nd on an error by the shortstop (Rood). Bears defense
    nor the pitcher seem sharp early as the YellowJackets have runners on second and third in the top of the 3rd...

Cal offense strings four singles together to tally three runs and take the lead, 2-1. GO BEARS!
    "Nor the pitcher seem sharp"? Considering it was an unearned run, Zoe is pitching fantastic. Bottom of the 5th 3-1. Saw her during Fall ball, at that time she stood out among all of our pitchers.

True Blue Golden Bear
    4-1 Cal top of the 6th. K Taylor lined into DB with 2 runners on to end last inning.

Great first game. Happy to see Conley pitching so well. In all honesty, she never struck me as someone who would be as good as she currently is. Hard work pays off. Love seeing NorCal talent succeed, especially at Cal!

True Blue Golden Bear
    Quote Originally Posted by CalFanatic View Post
    Great first game. Happy to see Conley pitching so well. In all honesty, she never struck me as someone who would be as good as she currently is. Hard work pays off. Love seeing NorCal talent succeed, especially at Cal!
    I would not anoint anyone after one games "the pitcher" for us but it is a good start. I especially want to see how well she does against better competition. If we can get the pitching to go with our hitting, do think we can exceed expectations.

Zoe was on the 2015 Junior National Team and did very well against top competition at Northridge. We have an experienced staff that will share innings, but I will not be surprised if Conley ends up as the main focus this season.

In the 3rd, GT got a leadoff double and a walk. They had 2nd & 3rd with one out but Zoe pitched out of the jam. Conley yielded only 3 hits but walked 5...Her eight strikeouts were impressive. Great initial outing as Cal's #1 starter!

True Blue Golden Bear

game 2 started vs NC tarheel 3-0 Cal.

3 runs with Jazmyn driving in 2 with a triple. Starting Zoe again.

starting lineup.

Can't find any live stats but here is Cal's twitter acct which is sending out tweets:

https://twitter.com/CalSB?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw
    Last edited by OBear073akaSMFan; 02-10-2017 at 09:08 AM.

http://www.calbears.com/cumestats.aspx?path=softball

Zoe Conley is carrying the Bears with zero earned runs allowed after two complete games. Today North Carolina scored their only run on a passed ball by Cal catcher Alleah Laxamana with two outs in the 7th. The newcomer is holding opponents to a miniscule BA% of .106. Cal's offense scored three runs in one inning centered around a triple by Jaz Jackson. Otherwise, the Bear's hitters were held in check today with only 4 hits. GO BEARS!
    Last edited by Schroeder71; 02-10-2017 at 01:42 PM.

True Blue Golden Bear

Sat game vs Georgia Tech again, starts at 6am (PST)!

Second game vs North Carolina 8:30pm (PST). Get away day on Sunday vs Illinois 5:00 am (PT)!!!

True Blue Golden Bear

3rd game, struggling vs GeoTech

losing 8-7 after 6 innings. Cullen started but replaced with Stephanie in the 1st inning. Tech scores 7 runs in the 1st.