Thread: Who on earth writes the CalBears.com softball articles?

Who on earth writes the CalBears.com softball articles?

Cal was down "6 points"...? Um, we don't score "points" in softball.

Conley fell to 2-1-1? I had no idea this was soccer.

Very sloppy and unprofessional.

True Blue Golden Bear
    Quote Originally Posted by CalFanatic View Post
    Cal was down "6 points"...? Um, we don't score "points" in softball.

Conley fell to 2-1-1? I had no idea this was soccer.

Very sloppy and unprofessional.
    Quoting one of the villains in the Movie, Taken "Good luck"! I have twice emailed to the worker responsible for the Softball communication that there is problems with the link to the softball twitter account on the Calbears site but nothing has been done yet. I've always contacted other people in this department in other sports and it was taken care of immediate. Heard nothing from this person yet.
    Last edited by OBear073akaSMFan; 02-12-2017 at 12:29 PM.

In the finale vs Illinois, the writer had McCue getting a hit in the big fifth inning rally. Erroneous-she reached on an error by third base (see below). As a matter of fact-she was the only Cal starter that failed to register a hit in the victory.
    http://www.calbears.com/boxscore.asp...&path=softball

Typo in the last article. Stats wrong on the website. This is sad.

Happy Valentines Day! Softball stats reflect only three of the five games played so far...

Mistakes and using incorrect terminology happens all the time there, unfortunately! Sometimes I'll email the Cal media person responsible and copy their boss. I'd copy Mike Williams too; there's nothing to lose, IMO

Softball seems to be the stepchild of the Cal AD. Poor facilities, poor coverage are just 2 of the issues. I've often wondered if Ninemeyer has a passive aggressive relationship with the administration.
    Access is better than ownership!

True Blue Golden Bear
    Quote Originally Posted by Schroeder71 View Post
    Happy Valentines Day! Softball stats reflect only three of the five games played so far...
    stats have been updated for the 5 games but under the schedule the games played are listed as away games when they should be recapped as neutral fields.

Stats have not been updated for three games. Seriously, whose job is this? I'm emailing the AD now. This is embarrassing for a PAC 12 school. Take pride in your work when representing UC Berkeley.

Softball would have been better off with a un-paid volunteer or a fifth year softball player who knew what they were doing than a random paid extra person from the sports department that have no knowledge of softball.

True Blue Golden Bear

I wonder if the same person who does the write-ups does the twitter too!

Just noticed that on the SB twitter acct when they flash each inning score they have Ohio state as the home team but actuality Cal was the home team 8-(. At the end of the 6th inning:

Quote Originally Posted by OBear073akaSMFan View Post
    Just noticed that on the SB twitter acct when they flash each inning score they have Ohio state as the home team but actuality Cal was the home team 8-(. At the end of the 6th inning:

Don't you just love the gifs for a strikeout or single. I click on it fall for it every time.

The ERA equation seems wrong for our pitchers? For example, Kourtney Shaw has given up 4 earned runs in 8.1 innings. 049382716 x 7= 3.46 ERA. Showing her as 4.32? Am I missing something here?

Most statistics packages are set up for baseball and calculate a 9 inning ERA. I get 4.44 for 9 innings so that may not be the answer here.

True Blue Golden Bear
    Final after a 2nd request and copying the Associate director of communication, the twitter link on calbears.com is now working.