Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: OT-CCS Open Division Seedings...

^^^ I don' know why these girls would risk further injury for high school ball (Naj'e having scholarship waiting, Decosta with the pick of any school and AAU ball this summer why rush back) but I will commend them on their commitment to their school and team to try to make a run down the stretch. I'm holding my breath for both of them, cheering them on-GO RAMS!

Sue Phillips promotes six players from undefeated (21-0) Junior Varsity to varsity for postseason. This is a Monarch tradition although usually it's 2-3 players. Mitty will be graduating four seniors that are part of the nine player regular rotation: SF (5-10) Maddy Holland, P (6-2)Tahlia Garza, SF 5-10 Daniella Guglielmo & SG 5-6 Heleyna Hill. All will play Div I basketball.
    http://www.maxpreps.com/high-schools...all/roster.htm

Frosh guard Ashley Hiraki (5-5) was voted Player of the Game honors a half dozen times or so. The next most decorated player on the JV was 6-2 soph P Kate Conaway. Soph SF Kyahana Robinson (5-11), soph PF Camille Morales (6-1), soph PG Charlize Andaya (5-3) & soph SG Camela Mataele (5-8) have also won the POG awards. These half dozen will likely fill most of the graduation vacancies next season. Another quality JV player, FR 5-4 guard Natalia Esparza-Zaitz, has joined the softball team. She could possibly tryout for varsity bball next year, too.

AM only graduated one varsity player, SG Jahnay Anderson, after last season and her spot was filled by JV star, Ania McNichols (5-5). It's time to re-load!
    Last edited by Schroeder71; 02-28-2017 at 09:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Schroeder71 View Post
    http://www.maxpreps.com/high-schools...l/schedule.htm
    Besides the Mitty Monarchs (22-2, 10-0) being dominant, their JV also finished perfect for the season (21-0) & in the WCAL (10-0). They rotate a dozen players and have defeated virtually every girl's bball power in Northern California (see schedule). Sue Phillips historically brings up 3 or 4 promising JV candidates for the varsity run through the CCS Playoffs, etc. Frosh PG Ashley Hiraki (5-5) was voted **Player of the Game** on 5-6x while soph post Kate Conaway (6-2) has also won the award on multiple occasions. Soph PF Camille Morales (6-1), soph SF Kyahana Robinson (5-11), soph guard Charlize Andaya, soph guard Camela Mataele (5-8) & frosh guard Natalia Esparza-Zaitz have also captured the honor. It will be interesting to see who moves up to varsity. The Monarch's will lose four key seniors [MVP PF Madeline Holland, C Tahlia Garza (6-2), G Helena Hill & SF Daniella Guglielmo] out of their nine player rotation after this season. Each has received D I college scholarship offers. This tremendous JV team will have to fill the "talent gap" next season...
    Schroeder this was some awesome info you came up with, and it proved to be exactly right. As an "insider" I was surprised to see someone come up with such an educated evaluation.(I had to wait to get my username approved to reply) Did you get all that from MaxPreps or did you get out and see the jv team play a little?? All 6 of the JV players got in the game last night against Valley. Hopefully not the last time we see them play this season.

Welcome aboard. I watched about 1/2 of two JV games at Mitty prior to varsity games. I also followed the JV results on MaxPreps. You're welcome to share true "insider" info if you wish to private message (click on notifications at the top) me here. I live about ten minutes from Mitty. My daughter attended Prospect High School on the corner of Lawrence Expy & Prospect so that should give you my proximity. Go Monarchs!
    GO BEARS!
    Last edited by Schroeder71; 03-01-2017 at 12:47 PM.

http://www.maxpreps.com/games/girls-...j35BBiE2QQ.htm

Pinewood scored a machine-like 21 points per quarter against SHC and overcame their lack of height. (see box above) Pinewood hit 50%
    on threes (9-18). The Monarchs had better be ready to play some "D"...

Mitty blew out Valley Christian by 38 points and emptied the bench, playing the six new players up from junior varsity.

http://www.maxpreps.com/games/girls-...vXwfJhJxtg.htm
    Also, the Monarchs connected on 9-21 (43%) treys...This could be a shootout @ The OK Corral!
    GO CCS!
    Last edited by Schroeder71; 03-02-2017 at 12:14 PM.

Very nice.. both JV and varsity games were fun to watch this year (well I guess as long as you were rooting for the monarchs).. I may share some insider info if its related to the topic lol

Did you get out to games last night? Neither were even as close as the score indicated. SHC cut the score to about 10 in the 3rd but the lead never seemed to be in jeopardy. Mitty just overwhelmed VC right from the tip, made them play faster than they ever wanted to. Running clock and the jv squad finishing game prevented Mitty from possibly hitting 100.. they had like 76 at the end of 3.

So as you say PW scored 21 per quarter, AM was at 25 per quarter before letting off the gas. I agree AM better be ready to defend, but they match up way differently than SHC in both personnel and scheme. Hopefully it will be a good game but if PW gives up 79 like they did last year I dont see them pulling the upset.. so they better be ready to defend too lol
    Last edited by ricehntr5; 03-01-2017 at 03:11 PM.

Also, for those interested in recruiting... there were some big names on some of the shirts/jackets that I saw.. some local, some not... but I didnt see Cal.

Quote Originally Posted by Schroeder71 View Post
    Welcome aboard. I watched about 1/2 of two JV games at Mitty prior to varsity games. I also followed the JV results on MaxPreps. You're welcome to share true "insider" info if you wish to private message (click on notifications at the top) me here. I live about ten minutes from Mitty. My daughter attended Prospect High School on the corner of Lawrence Expy & Prospect so that should give you my proximity. Go Monarchs!
    GO BEARS!
    Side note- I went to St. Lawrence Academy (off of Lawrence Expy, school closed this past school year) HS Class of 85

Yup AM better play D protect that 3point line don't make the mistake SMS did last year... and if Pinewood gets hot (what's the chances HS team makes 16 3s?!) watch out!
    Last edited by 85 Fly; 03-01-2017 at 01:47 PM.

St Lawrence will always have a special place in my heart! I had some good friends and family who went there. My buddy was the last baseball coach there. RIP Celtics!