Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Pac-12 Tournament

Pac-12 Tournament

Cal leads USC 30-28 at the half after a 10-0 run. As usual we're leading in turnovers (13 at the half) and trailing in rebounds (18-16) but we're shooting much better. Neither team has hit a three and nobody has more than 2 fouls.

Quote Originally Posted by stu View Post
    Cal leads USC 30-28 at the half after a 10-0 run. As usual we're leading in turnovers (13 at the half) and trailing in rebounds (18-16) but we're shooting much better. Neither team has hit a three and nobody has more than 2 fouls.
    Five minutes left and we built up a 7 point lead after being tied. Now they are reviewing the Anigwe 3 - her toe was behind the line so should be good. They reviewed it a few minutes AFTER the play. Now Simon hits a 3. Now only up by 4.

Bears up by 11, 45 sec left

Kristine was just stellar with that portfolio of post moves.

Congrats on the win.
    Nice words by Gottlieb after the game praising Courtney Jaco.

Quote Originally Posted by iminoc View Post
    Congrats on the win.
    well, I guess I will saddle up and ferry over to Key Arena for the game tomorrow. Anyone else on board?

Go Bears!

True Blue Golden Bear
    Congrats to the Bears for their win. Glad for Bigshadetree who will have a fantastic reason for staying thru Friday's game.

Congrats on the win.
    I noticed that she went out of her way to do that. I was wondering if it had to do with not starting her.

How about them Bears!

I couldn't watch the second half but it looks like we fixed the turnovers and rebounds. And we finished with 18 of 22 FT made. Excellent result!

BTW Jaco shot 2 for 11, which I'd be happy to see from any opponent.
    Last edited by stu; 03-02-2017 at 01:42 PM.

I couldn't watch the second half but it looks like we fixed the turnovers and rebounds. And we finished with 18 of 22 FT made. Excellent result!

BTW Jaco shot 2 for 11, which I'd be happy to see from any opponent.
    Oh, I thought LG was talking about our Courtney.

Without the 8 points Cowling scored in the last few minutes (6 on FT's), the starters not named Anigwe only scored 18 points. Add Range to that total and you get 20 (and Cayton had 12 of the 20). We are going to have to get more production from the rest of the players because Rueck is not going to allow Anigwe to get good shots.

I thought West looked good and was not afraid to shoot. Actually all three freshmen aren't afraid to shoot - I hope it stays that way.

Congrats on the win.
    Why did LG waste camera time praising Jaco? What did she do in the game that required a shout-out? I was watching on my iPhone with the sound down until the final few minutes. Maybe I missed something?Anyway nice win for the Bears.

With Simon in foul trouble, going to Anigwe in the post was actually the right strategy in this one. But we will need to try something different against OSU. I would try to unleash Jaelyn Brown in a big way against the Beavers.

Perhaps this article will help explain why our coach might praise an opposing player, for something not involving the current game: http://womenshoopsworld.com/2017/02/...ame-they-love/

She wasn't specifically talking about this game, but what Jaco has done on and off the court as a student athlete and conference representative. It shows class and awareness by our coach that the conference is bigger than our team and the court. Why the snide attitude about LG giving a brief shoutout?

Quote Originally Posted by BleacherBear View Post
    Perhaps this article will help explain why our coach might praise an opposing player, for something not involving the current game: http://womenshoopsworld.com/2017/02/...ame-they-love/

She wasn't specifically talking about this game, but what Jaco has done on and off the court as a student athlete and conference representative. It shows class and awareness by our coach that the conference is bigger than our team and the court. Why the snide attitude about LG giving a brief shoutout?
    Gottlieb and company came into the press room as the USC contingent left. I didn't see it, but they prob crossed paths and Gottlieb prob had nice words with Jaco and then repeated them in her opening statement. Also, if I remember correctly, Jaco really wanted to come to Cal out of HS, so there was prob a relationship from then.