Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Pac-12 Tournament

Quote Originally Posted by wvitbear View Post
    Both teams are the best defensive teams in the conference. Last time they met, i watched the game and neither team could score. Both teams don't get many turnovers but allow a low per cent age of shots taken against them. And both rebound well. After giving up 25 points last night to Oregon in the first quarter they allowed I think around 6 points in the second. and Oregon never got going the rest of the game.
    Wow, you were dead on on everything. Great defense, equal rebounding, Stanford gave up 22 the first quarter then 7, 7, 7.

Quote Originally Posted by GATC View Post
    Wow, you were dead on on everything. Great defense, equal rebounding, Stanford gave up 22 the first quarter then 7, 7, 7.
    Yes. I know we lament Cal's offense quite a bit. But do you remember when Cal was a really good defensive team? So when they missed shots, they were still in games, especially with their rebounding?

It was a low scoring entertaining game tonight. Really cold outside but at least it was not raining on the walk back to the "luxurious" Quality Inn.
    Kristen was named to the All Tournament Team along with Canada, Wiese, Alana Smith - sorry senior moment cannot remember who else but surprised that Plum's name was not mentioned.
    Last edited by Bigshadetree; 03-05-2017 at 08:35 PM. Reason: Poor spacing in sentences

Quote Originally Posted by pearbear View Post
    Yes. I know we lament Cal's offense quite a bit. But do you remember when Cal was a really good defensive team? So when they missed shots, they were still in games, especially with their rebounding?
    When you have Gen Brandon, Talia Caldwell, Rashandra Gray, and Brittany Boyd doing the rebounding, probably any system would work.

Active Bear
    Ionescu all tourney with McCall MVP

That game was not a good promotional event for women's college basketball. Defense will win games but is not that pretty to watch.
    Oṃ Tāre Tuttāre Ture Svāhā

Congrats to Stanford they pretty much shut down Wiese and the other roll players were not as effective down the stretch. I believe OSU is the better team but that day the best team won (doesn't matter OSU beat them during regular season, what matters is when it really counts! )...

Don't forget Pierre and Clarenton. Guards were good rebounders. And on defense, when Pierre, Clarenton and Boyd were together it was holy hell out front.

Quote Originally Posted by bobbk View Post
    Ionescu all tourney with McCall MVP
    Is that a joke? How could she be MVP she was 2/10, your other post was way better, sorry can't think of her name.

Quote Originally Posted by califan View Post
    Is that a joke? How could she be MVP she was 2/10, your other post was way better, sorry can't think of her name.
    I infer the existence of an unwritten rule that the MVP must come from the winning team. Our own Kristine Anigwe had better numbers, but only played 2 games, and McCall did play very well against Oregon.