Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Pac-12 Tournament

Quote Originally Posted by BleacherBear View Post
    Perhaps this article will help explain why our coach might praise an opposing player, for something not involving the current game: http://womenshoopsworld.com/2017/02/...ame-they-love/
    Thanks for the link - gotta love that kind of academic accomplishment while playing basketball. And gotta love Coach G for mentioning it.

Yes, Jaco wanted to come to Cal. sat beside her dad at an AAU game and he told me she really wanted to come. Trouble was that Cal was recruiting Plum at the time and wasn't going to offer as long as they didn't know about Plum. Jaco took the scholarship, and Plum as we know later signed with Washington.

WSU pulled out a thriller against CO, 79-78. CO had the chance to win, but shot just rimmed out.

Quote Originally Posted by wvitbear View Post
    Yes, Jaco wanted to come to Cal. sat beside her dad at an AAU game and he told me she really wanted to come. Trouble was that Cal was recruiting Plum at the time and wasn't going to offer as long as they didn't know about Plum. Jaco took the scholarship, and Plum as we know later signed with Washington.
    Too bad, we sure could have used Jaco these last two seasons and she would have been a real credit to our program. I hope our coaches are no longer recruiting in top-choice-or-nothing mode. I also hope we can find room for a few second choices who are exemplary students.

Quote Originally Posted by pearbear View Post
    WSU pulled out a thriller against CO, 79-78. CO had the chance to win, but shot just rimmed out.
    That must have been some game. Colorado got ahead 17-4 in the first quarter, then Washington State had a 17-0 run to begin the second. Heart attacks all around.

Both teams were so great from deep. As a Cal fan, sigh...

At one point WSU had a 28-14 lead in rebounds, and 5 of CO's rebounds were team rebounds. Yes, both teams were shooting well, but still!

AZ and ORE in a battle right now. Gotta root for AZ. If Cal can make it further than ORE (and ASU, and WSU) in the Pac-12 Tourney, it will help Cal's case for the NCAA Tourney. Or maybe it doesn't really matter and just comes down to beating OSU tomorrow...

Oregon pulled away with a big 4th quarter to win by 7. Freshies Ionescu, McGuire, and Hebard led the way.

Good games all day today. Hoping for same tomorrow, including a Cal win!

Quote Originally Posted by stu View Post
    Oregon pulled away with a big 4th quarter to win by 7. Freshies Ionescu, McGuire, and Hebard led the way.
    According to the Pac-12 network show 61 of the 70 points scored were by Oregons freshmen players. I think they are in the NCAA"s now.

LG and company has got to beat Oregon state to present a case for the NCAA selection committee.
    Control Syney Weise and that is their life blood to success.

Congrats to UCLA for a convincing win! Now take it to Oregon State, OK?

Stanford blew out Washington State by 30 but Washington, the other favorite, is down 1 to Oregon at the half. Looks to me like Oregon is making a great case for the NCAA Tournament. I hate to think how good they'll be next season.

Oregon won 70-69 largely due to making 11 threes. And Oregon was out-rebounded by only 2 despite 27 by Osahor.
    Last edited by stu; 03-03-2017 at 09:30 PM.

Stanford had more in the tank and owned the last quarter. I've never seen McCall and Johnson play so well - gotta give credit to our interior players for doing a much better job on them.

Quote Originally Posted by stu View Post
    Stanford had more in the tank and owned the last quarter. I've never seen McCall and Johnson play so well - gotta give credit to our interior players for doing a much better job on them.
    Yes we did but Smith made us pay for that. Hebard was overmatched but she's did very well the game before.

The top four having a bye was a factor but coaching was also a factor in crunch time IMHO.

Quote Originally Posted by GATC View Post
    The top four having a bye was a factor but coaching was also a factor in crunch time IMHO.
    I'm expecting tonight's game to be a clinic - both teams have talent, experience, depth, balance, and coaching.

Both teams are the best defensive teams in the conference. Last time they met, i watched the game and neither team could score. Both teams don't get many turnovers but allow a low per cent age of shots taken against them. And both rebound well. After giving up 25 points last night to Oregon in the first quarter they allowed I think around 6 points in the second. and Oregon never got going the rest of the game.