Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Jordan Brown Thread

Jordan Brown Thread

Woodcreek vs Sheldon in the CIF Sac-Joaquin Section D1 Final. Sheldon 27 Woodcreek 24 halftime. Brown in foul trouble.

https://twitter.com/stevenjwilson11/...48799407480833

https://twitter.com/stevenjwilson11/...47593196969984

Aw, you just beat me to it.
    I was just checking Joe Davidson's twitter feed:

Joe Davidson‏Verified account @SacBee_JoeD 7m7 minutes ago
    Jordan Brown, cool as cool can be, makes 2 FTs with .01 left to lift Woodcreek past Sheldon 69-68 in @cifsjs D1 final. NorCal Open rematch?

https://twitter.com/SacBee_JoeD
    Was on a rant about excessive officiating that had Brown in major foul trouble.
    Sheldon was ahead, but Brown came back to win.

...Who is Dale Curry?

Joe Davidson‏Verified account @SacBee_JoeD 49m49 minutes ago
    Dale Curry is one of the most explosive athletes any where. Pops 3's, relentless runner and defender for Sheldon, the No. 1 team in NorCal

Jordan Brown and Woodcreek will host Capital Christian in first round of Open Div state playoffs:

http://cifstate.org/sports/basketball/B_brkts_2017/open

Quote Originally Posted by BearBackerinLA View Post
    Jordan Brown and Woodcreek will host Capital Christian in first round of Open Div state playoffs:

http://cifstate.org/sports/basketball/B_brkts_2017/open
    I'd like to go to that. On the 10th at 7pm.
    And then watch them play DLS on the 14th, but where will that be?

whoever has higher seed will host. The NorCal Regional Final will be at Santa Clara U.

Quote Originally Posted by concordtom View Post
    I'd like to go to that. On the 10th at 7pm.
    And then watch them play DLS on the 14th, but where will that be?

BBinLA
    Would it be unreasonable to think that CM will be showing JB the love, letting him know he is THE most coveted recruit for Cal 2018, by showing up in Roseville Friday night should Cal fall on Wed or Thursday in Vegas?

Please send the memo. There are only 2 places to be, Friday.
    Brown Uber alles.
    Brown or bust.
    I want Jordan Brown!

Jordan Brown wins tonight 68-66. He had 19 and 16.
    His Woodcreek in Roseville hosts DeLaSalle next Tuesday. DLS won 36-31, crazy low score, though not terribly low for DLS.

Quote Originally Posted by concordtom View Post
    BBinLA
    Would it be unreasonable to think that CM will be showing JB the love, letting him know he is THE most coveted recruit for Cal 2018, by showing up in Roseville Friday night should Cal fall on Wed or Thursday in Vegas?

Please send the memo. There are only 2 places to be, Friday.
    Brown Uber alles.
    Brown or bust.
    I want Jordan Brown!
    So does everybody else. If Cuonzo is somehow able to get a commitment from Brown I will be stunned. Rabb committed to Cal with little knowledge of how Martin really likes to play. Jordan Brown has seen this Cal program for 3 years now. It is not ideal for a highly skilled athletic big man. He will play on the block get pushed and shoved and doubled every game as Cal tries to play Gene Keady style Big 10 hoops in an area that has no affection for that style of play. Big players with skill are really hard to find. They do not want to get beat up every game playing 65-64 games. Look around the country the best teams do not play this way any longer. They push the ball, play 4 out with 1 in most of the time. There are some exceptions but it is about skill and athleticism. I love Cuonzo and his integrity and life lessons. He is a very good man. But what we are seeing is what we should expect to see. It is what he is, and what he knows. Cal can be a decent to good program under Martin but most years will be sweating the bubble. This style will not attract he better players. Right now Cal is firmly behind the big 3 (Oregon, UCLA and Arizona) and fighting with USC, Utah and Colorado for next tier status. I fear UW will gets it act together and actually hire a coach and ASU has promise under Hurley who will recruit and play attractive ball.

Guys like Brown are necessary to join the big 3 programs. I hope he wants what Cal has to offer, but fear he will go where he will go where he will be able to play a style that is more open and suits his skills. Every broadcast this year we hear about how offensively challenged the Bears are. They were somewhat challenged last year and they had Brown and Wallace along with Rabb and Bird. The Cal program is built around hard nosed defense first. That is fine but is unlikely to attract top really skilled players. They do not want to play this way. It can change but only if you win. Cal does not win enough right now. That is why making the NCAA tourney is so damned important. They likely will miss this year after last nights loss. Top recruits typically do not select NIT level programs. That is why the are NIT level programs.