Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do we need some perimeter scoring?

Kai seems to have recently started following her and from Kiana's fingertips to God's iPhone :-P

https://twitter.com/dstnylttltn24/st...60723458293760

also:
    –not sure how solid but saw on the UCLA board that although Destiny was said to prefer staying close to home, her finalists were USC, Michigan, and Louisville. Furthermore, UCLA is thought to not have room for her with schollies and had stopped recruiting her anyway first time around supposedly

Thanks Kat! Destiny looks a little like a stronger Layshia.

Needs? Better coaching would be a good start.

Quote Originally Posted by petalumabear View Post
    Needs? Better coaching would be a good start.
    Tiresome rant. Quit hijacking this thread. There are others for such comments.
    Do you or would you go to the men's board and say the same thing about Coach Martin? He could do a better job of coaching too.

Absolutely he can improve. I wish he had the depth of talent to work with that WBB has. THAT is why this "rant" has relevance. Sorry that you disagree.

Quote Originally Posted by petalumabear View Post
    Absolutely he can improve. I wish he had the depth of talent to work with that WBB has. THAT is why this "rant" has relevance. Sorry that you disagree.
    You think he has less talent than WBB? Seriously? All those upperclassmen he has compared to WBB.
    WBB seems to be an easier mark for "fans" on here.

http://www.maxpreps.com/games/girls-...OYJHWLT8cQ.htm

Destiny is a scorer! She averaged 43 ppg on the season. She hit 42% on threes and is a 90% free throw artist. I looked at several playoff boxscores and she has been held to as low as 11 points. She has been 1 for 9 and shutout on treys in crucial games. She averages double-digit rebounds and 5 assists per game. Littleton really fills up the stat sheet. This week Bishop's travels to SoCal #1 seed, Clovis West!

If she came to Cal, she would be the second player (CJ West) that does not possess a "long and skinny" build on the roster. I think that the Bears need another player that looks to score to complement KA...
    Last edited by Schroeder71; 03-12-2017 at 12:53 PM.

She reminds me a little of Mosqueda-Lewis, with the Seattle Storm by way of Mater Dei/UConn

Littleton can score, no doubt, and I think her game will translate -- but some doubt that she can make the adjustment from shooting every time she touches it to part of a system, as well as some concerns about whether she's quick enough and/or tall enough to continue to be that effective.

I think she will be able to get it done at the college level, but she's a volume scorer and she needs to get her shots.
    Oṃ Tāre Tuttāre Ture Svāhā

Quote Originally Posted by ClayK View Post
    I don't see Styles or Smith as a dynamic perimeter scorer or lead guard. Both are very good players with lots of skills, but neither is a lights-out shooter (Smith 31% from three on 134 attempts (four a game); Styles doesn't shoot threes) or a point guard.

Shooters are hard to come by, as are point guards.
    Quote Originally Posted by ClayK View Post
    Littleton can score, no doubt, and I think her game will translate -- but some doubt that she can make the adjustment from shooting every time she touches it to part of a system, as well as some concerns about whether she's quick enough and/or tall enough to continue to be that effective.

I think she will be able to get it done at the college level, but she's a volume scorer and she needs to get her shots.
    How would you compare Smith and Littleton to (as high school players) Clarendon, Boyd, Thomas, and Cayton? I know that's different from predicting success at the next level, but I'm curious anyway.

Is Cal in the mix to sign Littleton?

Absolutely. The team is pretty one-dimensional with Anigwe. They can't rely on anyone else besides her offensively on a consistent basis.

Quote Originally Posted by Schroeder71 View Post
    http://www.maxpreps.com/games/girls-...OYJHWLT8cQ.htm

This week Bishop's travels to SoCal #1 seed, Clovis West!
    That is plain sick. That is a 350 mile trip. one way, for a HS game from La Jolla to the Fresno area, on a week day.

Quote Originally Posted by Vineyardview View Post
    Is Cal in the mix to sign Littleton?
    Although Cal was not seemingly involved for Littleton the first time around, Kai just started to follow her on Twitter and Kiana Smith tweeted her to consider us.

Justine Hartman was not previously linked with Cal before committing to us after the coaching change at UCLA.