Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 21 of 21

Thread: Do we need some perimeter scoring?

  1. #16
    Destiny Littleton is a much different player than any of the four guards. She's a power scorer from the wing, and thanks to Bishop's offensive strategy, she's put up monster numbers. But in club ball, she's not nearly as notable, though obviously she's still a good player.

    The comparisons ...

    Clarendon: Was a two guard who focused on scoring, as I recall. Nice mid-range game who exceeded expectations by becoming a starting point guard in the WNBA. All credit to her for steadily improving.

    Boyd: Closest to Littleton in terms of strength, but a point guard all the way. And of course, she can't shoot. Littleton is much more versatile offensively.

    Thomas: Really no comparison, as Thomas is small and slight, and a point guard. Thomas was also coming off an ACL.

    Cayton: Cayton isn't in Littleton's class as a scorer, and is more athletic (though not as strong). With scoring ability at such a premium in the women's game (no one can shoot, really), Littleton is more highly prized.

    Now, all this said, I didn't see a lot of Clarendon at the high school level, and I haven't seen that much of Littleton.
    Oṃ Tāre Tuttāre Ture Svāhā

  2. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by kat0189 View Post
    Although Cal was not seemingly involved for Littleton the first time around, Kai just started to follow her on Twitter and Kiana Smith tweeted her to consider us.

    Justine Hartman was not previously linked with Cal before committing to us after the coaching change at UCLA.
    Ok so I'm outta the loop Kat: Last I knew Littleton committed to USC; did she change her mind once coach left? She didn't sign a LOI?

  3. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by 85 Fly View Post
    Last I knew Littleton committed to USC; did she change her mind once coach left? She didn't sign a LOI?
    I don't know about this case, but it's common for schools to release incoming players from their LOIs after a coaching change.

  4. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by 85 Fly View Post
    Ok so I'm outta the loop Kat: Last I knew Littleton committed to USC; did she change her mind once coach left? She didn't sign a LOI?
    Yep! I believe she got a release from USC.

  5. #20
    Littleton scored 14 points in a blow out, 73-31, loss to Clovis West last night.
    She didn’t make her first basket until the second quarter, had five points at halftime and finished with 14 overall.(from the Fresno Bee)

    That is a long way to travel, 6 hours each way.

    She isnt close to the player that Clarendon was in her junior and senior years at Cajon HS.

  6. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by iminoc View Post
    Littleton scored 14 points in a blow out, 73-31, loss to Clovis West last night.
    She didn’t make her first basket until the second quarter, had five points at halftime and finished with 14 overall.(from the Fresno Bee)

    That is a long way to travel, 6 hours each way.

    She isnt close to the player that Clarendon was in her junior and senior years at Cajon HS.
    And Clarendon was the lowest rated of the 7 players in her recruiting class (of course we had one of the highest rated classes in the country).



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •