Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Congrats to Cal

Actually, i would rather be a 10 seed.

Quote Originally Posted by philbert View Post
    Wow! I thought they were WNIT-bound for sure. To get a 9 seed is amazing.
    I am in complete shock.

Go Bears!

Congratulations Cal Bears. Get better Pac-12.

Quote Originally Posted by really View Post
    procedural bumps probably account for cal being a #9 and/or oregon a #10

I think UVA is the team that got shafted the most by auburn
    Not familiar with "procedural bumps". What are they? Thanks.

I think the procedural bumps are rules about conference teams not facing each other until, I think, the round of eight. There are other rules about teams not facing each other again in a season until a later round. Still, to be bumped up to 9?
    And it may be that Michigan got shafted the most by Auburn.

Congrats to the Bears on the Tourney seed! Go beat the crap out of those Tigers!

Quote Originally Posted by patsweetpat View Post
    Congrats to the Bears on the Tourney seed! Go beat the crap out of those Tigers!
    Thanks Pat! Can you share any insight on what we might expect from LSU's coach?

Quote Originally Posted by patsweetpat View Post
    Pat, congrats to your team's fine year and your nice recruiting class. Nice to get a 4 seed but you are in UConn's bracket. But they are rebuilding this year.

You have 7 juniors so you should be looking for an even better year next year.

^^^ That's the match-up I'm hoping to see...Pat's team make it to Play UCONN.
    It would be nice to see any Pac 12 team left standing take UCONN out!-Lol If no one does it this year it's a wrap for at least 2/3 years because they have an exciting HS class coming in and the 6'6 transfer (her name escapes me right now) from Duke will be eligible to play.

I'm enjoying the UCONN documentary that airs every week, gotta respect them, they are laser focused...you have to have a certain type of personality to endure playing on that team

Quote Originally Posted by Kookiebean View Post
    Congratulations Cal Bears. Get better Pac-12.
    Congrats and good luck in the NIT. Looks like you only lose Crozon to graduation and get 2 new guards.

Quote Originally Posted by stu View Post
    Thanks Pat! Can you share any insight on what we might expect from LSU's coach?
    Haven't watched this specific Coach Nikki team, but historically? Defense and boards. Defense and boards. Defense and boards. Very little in the way of imaginative or productive half-court offense, but a deep faith in the power of defense and rebounding and her own team's athleticism in transition to push themselves over the finish line.
    Last edited by patsweetpat; 03-15-2017 at 06:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by GATC View Post
    Pat, congrats to your team's fine year and your nice recruiting class. Nice to get a 4 seed but you are in UConn's bracket. But they are rebuilding this year.
    The Bruins have to get there first. Which is not at all a certain thing.