Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: How sketchy is LaVar Ball?

Quote Originally Posted by SBGold View Post
    I don't understand taking shots at a guy who fully supports our program with in person support and high donation levels. Very petty
    I have a private PM from him from three years ago where he rips Marcus Lee pretty good on a personal level for not choosing Cal.

The fact that you find him interesting/entertaining/deserving of respect says unflattering things about your judgment.

Quote Originally Posted by Chapman_is_Gone View Post
    I have a private PM from him from three years ago where he rips Marcus Lee pretty good on a personal level for not choosing Cal.

The fact that you find him interesting/entertaining/deserving of respect says unflattering things about your judgment.
    What is worse - bashing a non-Cal athlete in a private message or disclosing someone else's private message bashing a current Cal athlete? Just saying . . .

Quote Originally Posted by gobears725 View Post
    Shocky's got a future in politics
    He's got something, for sure, because a number of posters here seem obsessed with him.

Kinda reminds me of when a kid in my 4th grade class said that they hated "female student XY". The teacher cut a long strip from a sheet of construction paper and wrote "LOVE" on one end and "HATE" on the other end. After holding it up for all to see, she bent the strip into a loop and said, "If you look at it this way, 'hate' is very close to... 'love'. Hmmm... " The hater kid yelled "Ewwwww!" and then proceeded to never say anything bad about anybody else for the rest of the year.

Quote Originally Posted by BearGoggles View Post
    What is worse - bashing a non-Cal athlete in a private message or disclosing someone else's private message bashing a current Cal athlete? Just saying . . .
    Oooh. Ohhh! I know the answer!

When the board freak sends me an unwanted and unsolicited PM, are you saying he is owed anything from me? Wow, that's an interesting concept.
    Last edited by Chapman_is_Gone; 03-15-2017 at 07:03 AM.

Got his house burglarized ... " instant karma gonna get you "

Quote Originally Posted by GoCalBears View Post
    http://www.espn.com/espn/now?nowId=1-18960435
    Ball is 7 assists away from breaking Kidd's record.
    Wait, the NCAA/pac 12 counts postseason stats (none of the pro sports do this)? Lonzo ball will play in at least 6 more games in 2016-17 than Kidd did in 1993-94.

Ball shoots way better than Kidd in college. But in no way is Lonzo a better assist man.

Quote Originally Posted by ColoradoBear1 View Post
    Wait, the NCAA/pac 12 counts postseason stats (none of the pro sports do this)? Lonzo ball will play in at least 6 more games in 2016-17 than Kidd did in 1993-94.

Ball shoots way better than Kidd in college. But in no way is Lonzo a better assist man.
    To be fair, Kidd was a sophomore in 1993-94.

Quote Originally Posted by ColoradoBear1 View Post

So hard to compare Ball and Kidd. Ball is impressive just in that he is compared to Jason. Imo, no one else has passed through his collegiate years since Jason who can be compared to him.

I would say, from having watched Jason through every home game and what away games were televised, that Lonzo deserves his comparisons to Kidd. Jason was better defensively, but Lonzo may be better offensively. His scoring is so much better than Jason's that it opens the court for his assisting others, which he does at a very high level.

His shooting against Cincinnati was reminiscent of Curry, in that he broke open that game with his 3's and his passing. That kind of shooting from distance we never saw from Jason. Imagine being compared to both Kidd and Curry! Pretty amazing game by Lonzo.

Quote Originally Posted by tsubamoto2001 View Post
    To be fair, Kidd was a sophomore in 1993-94.
    True, but CBB was also much deeper w/ Kidd played because skipping out early was way rarer.

If one said he was the freshman pac 12 season leader that's fair for sure.

Not contesting that Lonzo Ball is good, though.
    Last edited by ColoradoBear1; 03-20-2017 at 12:51 PM.