Page 30 of 35 FirstFirst ... 20262728293031323334 ... LastLast

Thread: Potential coaches...

Cal should take a hard look at Chris Mack of Xavier. He's taken the Musketeers to 4 Sweet 16s... teams that were a 6 seed, 10 seed, 6 seed and 11 seed.

Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddy View Post
    Cal should take a hard look at Chris Mack of Xavier. He's taken the Musketeers to 4 Sweet 16s... teams that were a 6 seed, 10 seed, 6 seed and 11 seed.
    Didn't pan out last year. I'd love him.

He was a candidate 3 years ago, but his family didn't want to move. Has that changed?

Quote Originally Posted by philbert View Post
    He was a candidate 3 years ago, but his family didn't want to move. Has that changed?
    He played at Xavier, and is into the Catholic/Jesuit thing.
    Not Bezerkeley kind of guy

Cal offered him the job in 2014 and he turned it down. His price is much higher now than it was in 2014.
    Last edited by tsubamoto2001; 03-20-2017 at 07:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vineyardview View Post
    Mike Cohen,
    "Just because the reports of their Character, and their Basketball Intelligence and Knowledge, are so extraordinarily glowing, and because the likelihood of their understanding the extraordinary dynamics, both at this university and in the Bay Area, the names of (in no particular order) those two guys, Theo Robertson (especially after what Steve Kerr just had to say about him), Justin Labagh, Richard Midgely, and Lou Ritchie, carry a lot of magic."

What wered Steve Kerr's recent comments about Theo Robertson

Gates, Wyking, Richie and Robertson represent an staff with tactical experience, great recruiting chops and deep California roots - Make it happen
    In a recent video'd interview (poster, I think, on this Board), Kerr called Theo a "rock star" brilliant whom they were honored to have on board, and, by inference, who the Lakers are lucky to have - and more.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff82 View Post
    Monty took a flyer. If the job had been anyplace like the Warriors, he never would have taken it. He had the opportunity, and probably figured he'd be kicking himself not to at least see if what he did in college could translate to the pros. It didn't, which was lucky for Cal. No shame that he didn't make it in the pros. I don't think Don Nelson could have won in college, and he would probably have eventually been bounced for punching a player in a scotch-fueled rage.
    Also, it can now be clearly seen that NO ONE could have succeeded in the Warrior job under the previous owner.

Quote Originally Posted by mcdbear View Post
    After seeing Musselmans wife he is obviously able to recruit and seal the deal. It's like pulling a 5 star recruit to a D3 school
    Need to show pic:

The rumor from HoopDirt:
    "Worst kept secret out there is the first four to interview at Cal. They are: Nevada head coach Eric Musselman, Montana head coach Travis DeCuire, UC Davis head coach Jim Les, and UC Irvine head coach Russell Turner. I’ve also heard that former UCLA and St. John’s head coach Steve Lavin is making a push here."

Quote Originally Posted by UCBerkGrad View Post
    Need to show pic:

Wow. Beautiful.

He can recruit both black and white kids!

He's an NBA coach. They are all under a microscope. One thing you were dead wrong about was his coaching ability. He's good.

Quote Originally Posted by south bender View Post
    Your cited article is almost 3 years old, so it hardly shows that Jason is "under a microscope." Moreover, I am suggesting, quite the contrary, that we do not know about Jason and his alleged rehabilitation without impossible private scrutiny. I do not mean to condemn the guy, but to vouch for him as a contrite and reformed man, I won't do it.

+1. He was pretty toxic by the time he left.

Quote Originally Posted by tsubamoto2001 View Post
    The logic is recent results and what I know about Howland. I wouldn't touch Howland if had won 3 Nattys at UCLA.

Quote Originally Posted by bluesaxe View Post
    He's an NBA coach. They are all under a microscope. One thing you were dead wrong about was his coaching ability. He's good.
    What I questioned was the assertion that Jason is a great coach. Good ain't the same. His coaching ability, great, good, or something else? We all have our opinions, and so far Jason's accomplishments as a coach do not particularly impress me.

I have no problem with your opinion that I am "dead wrong." All it is is an opinion...