Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Spring Football Thread

Quote Originally Posted by drizzlybears brother View Post
    They made similar comments following Tedford's arrival about increased attention to detail as well. Same true in Seattle following Petersen's arrival.
    I glad we're where we're at from last season (and very hopeful for the future), but, c'mon, there have been two practices. If Wilcox ends up not working out, somebody will post, "got too caught up in little details... players didn't get the big picture."

Quote Originally Posted by Big C_Cal View Post
    I glad we're where we're at from last season (and very hopeful for the future), but, c'mon, there have been two practices. If Wilcox ends up not working out, somebody will post, "got too caught up in little details... players didn't get the big picture."
    My comments not intended critically.
    Was just commenting that in both Tedford's and Petersen's arrivals they included in their culture-building, an attention to detail. Detail about how they practice, how they dress, how they maintain lockers, etc.

What the details might be less important that they learn to attend to detail.

True Blue Golden Bear going4roses's Avatar
    Peterson who ? Lol

Quote Originally Posted by drizzlybears brother View Post
    My comments not intended critically.
    Was just commenting that in both Tedford's and Petersen's arrivals they included in their culture-building, an attention to detail. Detail about how they practice, how they dress, how they maintain lockers, etc.

What the details might be less important that they learn to attend to detail.
    Got it. Ah, you may have a point. I remember the reports from Dykes' early practices, it seemed the attention was on maximum reps for all, in order to run "tempo". Maybe there was a lack of attention to detail.

Quote Originally Posted by Big C_Cal View Post
    Got it. Ah, you may have a point. I remember the reports from Dykes' early practices, it seemed the attention was on maximum reps for all, in order to run "tempo". Maybe there was a lack of attention to detail.
    I don't know if there was or wasn't, but the comments regarding heightened attention to detail suggest that relatively speaking, Wilcox has placed a higher priority on it. I take it as a positive.