Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Dykes' home sells!

Dykes' home sells!

Only two weeks on the market. Not bad.

True Blue Golden Bear KoreAmBear's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by okaydo View Post
    Cal. The gift that keeps on giving.

Mike Williams?

The interior is dated but I like it better than Tedford's house.

Cuonzo's pad is next.

Real Bear
    We've all heard a million complaints about the high cost of housing in the Bay Area. People seem to forget that there is a seller for every buyer. There are lots of cheap houses in America...that will stay cheap.

True Blue Golden Bear going4roses's Avatar
    Hmm k

Quote Originally Posted by StrawberryCanyon View Post
    We've all heard a million complaints about the high cost of housing in the Bay Area. People seem to forget that there is a seller for every buyer. There are lots of cheap houses in America...that will stay cheap.
    As an investor, real estate in the south is more like investing in a REIT or a dividend stock. Not for capital appreciation, but more for cash flow. It is hard to generate positive cash flow without significant capital investment in CA real estate, and you are often carrying passive activity loss even with positive cash flow until you sell. Having said that, when we are recruiting, it should be easy to show that most coaches when they leave get a big severance just from capital gains on their houses.
    Last edited by calbear93; 03-17-2017 at 08:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by calbear93 View Post
    As an investor, real estate in the south is more like investing in a REIT or a dividend stock. Not for capital appreciation, but more for cash flow. It is hard to generate positive cash flow without significant capital investment in CA real estate, and you are often carrying passive activity loss even with positive cash flow until you sell. Having said that, when we are recruiting, it should be easy to show that most coaches when they leave get a big severance just from capital gains on their houses.
    Recruiting head coaches should be easy for us..."your record can suck and you'll still make 10 million dollars, at least".

Quote Originally Posted by socaliganbear View Post
    Only two weeks on the market. Not bad.
    Standard Operating Procedure in the east bay. Two Sunday open houses. Take bids the following Tuesday. Done by Wednesday.

Quote Originally Posted by calbear93 View Post
    Historically, sure. But quite the opposite in 2007-2010. And I'm wondering how much the current market can continue to go up. My central East Bay home is now worth probably 40-50% more than it was at the peak in 2006. You tech/finance people: Is there a bubble that's about to burst? If not now, when?

If I were Wilcox (single guy), I think I'd rent a very nice condo in Oakland or Berkeley

Quote Originally Posted by Big C_Cal View Post
    If I were Wilcox (single guy), I think I'd rent a very nice condo in Oakland or Berkeley
    I'd buy a house in the Berkeley Hills with a killer bay (and stadium) view.

Or something like this: http://www.realtor.com/realestateand...4-98657#photo0
    Last edited by socaliganbear; 03-17-2017 at 10:56 AM.