Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2017 NCAA Tournament Schadenfreude

2017 NCAA Tournament Schadenfreude

Cal basketball is on the sideline again during the NCAAs. We are now in re-building mode. All the joy has been sucked out of March Madness.

Here is the question for my fellow Bears. I am asking just for spite. Not looking for Nevada or St Mary's to lose so that Cal can hire their coach.

Who do you most want to see lose early in the tournament ?
    - Duke ?
    - Oregon ?
    - Kentucky ?
    - Gonzaga ?

Quote Originally Posted by RJABear View Post
    Cal basketball is on the sideline again during the NCAAs. We are now in re-building mode. All the joy has been sucked out of March Madness.

Here is the question for my fellow Bears. I am asking just for spite. Not looking for Nevada or St Mary's to lose so that Cal can hire their coach.

Who do you most want to see lose early in the tournament ?
    - Duke ?
    - Oregon ?
    - Kentucky ?
    - Gonzaga ?
    Duke. Easiest call of the day. SO easy to hate them. SO easy.

Duke makes the Elite Eight, or further.

Add Arizona and UCLA, and it's a 6 way dead heat.

Gonzaga, so we can rid ourselves of the plucky little school from nowhere story line.

Quote Originally Posted by GB54 View Post
    Gonzaga, so we can rid ourselves of the plucky little school from nowhere story line.
    So far so good. They are losing 14 minutes in.

Quote Originally Posted by GB54 View Post
    More like the biggest tease every March.

Northwestern just escaped with a gift when Vandy player forgot his team was ahead and fouled with seconds left. Poor kid

Want Pac-12 to go as far as possible. Although it's not part of the official committee criteria, I have to think the optics of having so many teams bounced recently in the early rounds, and not getting a team to the F4 for years, has to affect the number of at-large bids we get. When you're perennially on the bubble, that makes a difference.

Quote Originally Posted by GRRAAH View Post
    Northwestern just escaped with a gift when Vandy player forgot his team was ahead and fouled with seconds left. Poor kid
    Vandy done f'ed up. Drew called his last TO with 7 mins left, one of their players fouled NW's best player near mid court, and another guy jacked up a ridiculous long three too early.

First upset is Middle over Minnesota. No spiteful joy there. Minnesota never wins anything. They are the (sports) equivalent of Berkeley of the Big-10. Wisconsin is culturally more similar to Cal, but Wisconsin is too good at sports to really be like Cal.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff82 View Post
    Want Pac-12 to go as far as possible. Although it's not part of the official committee criteria, I have to think the optics of having so many teams bounced recently in the early rounds, and not getting a team to the F4 for years, has to affect the number of at-large bids we get. When you're perennially on the bubble, that makes a difference.
    This, I want our conference represented well. I'm not really so concerned with the rest unless they are facing us.

How did Xavier end up an 11 seed, throttled 6 seed Maryland, Big East is really underrated.

Quote Originally Posted by Strykur View Post
    How did Xavier end up an 11 seed, throttled 6 seed Maryland, Big East is really underrated.
    The follow up question is "how did Colorado beat them early in the year???"

College hoops ... Ya never know