Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Marshawn to un-retire and join Raiders?

Hope this is not a Willie Mays move

No good would come of that!

With him missing many games in 2015 due to injury AND not playing in 2016 at all, how much would that put him behind in getting in decent condition for 2017? I'd sure be worried about whether he could get through the season, both injury wise-and performance-wise.

If the notion is that he'd want to play for his hometown team, I'm not sure how strong of an argument that'll be considering they're trying to move to Vegas...

I really dislike the Raiders. If he does play for them he would be like any other Cal player who has ever played for them in that I would pay no attention and he would essentially disappear.

Quote Originally Posted by pingpong2 View Post
    If the notion is that he'd want to play for his hometown team, I'm not sure how strong of an argument that'll be considering they're trying to move to Vegas...
    If they do move to Vegas ( which they probably will ) they'll still be playing in Oakland for at least 2 years while a stadium is being built. If Marshawn does come back, chances are he won't play more than 2 years.

Only redeeming action is to have them move down to San Diego and replace the horrific Chargers. Then win the Super Bowl.

He might negotiate to keep the Raiders in Oakland

He's put on a good deal of weight. Probably 15-25 lbs since he last played. Definitely not in playing shape.

Bad idea.

He's only 30, and has had a whole year off to rest his body. He'd easily be back in shape by Fall with a good summer training regimen, and 100% back by playoffs time. It would be great to see him come back, especially with the Raiders already being competitive.

Quote Originally Posted by Cal88 View Post
    He's only 30, and has had a whole year off to rest his body. He'd easily be back in shape by Fall with a good summer training regimen, and 100% back by playoffs time. It would be great to see him come back, especially with the Raiders already being competitive.
    Most RBs experience a cliff around that age. Although he took a year off, his running style is a very punishing style (as opposed to, for example, Barry Sanders). It is obviously his life, and I have no standing to really have an opinion, but I kind of liked him being a quasi-diplomat for Cal and for the NFL and just seemingly enjoying life.