Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: not sorry to see Cuonzo leave ..

He never had a deep team. Our Mickey D's were not dominant, just very, very good, when healthy. His style of ball is not played in the high schools out West. In the Midwest, and back East, all the big boys play hoops because it's the only sport you can play if you can't skate. Kids bang from the get go. Culture clash.

It's not because he's black, for the benefit of very few on this board.

If not for the injuries and other stuff last year--who knows? This year we simply didnt have enough shooters. Losing Mathews really hurt. I think we were headed in a good direction, but he is gone and I am looking forward. I think he has left a good situation for the next coach.

Quote Originally Posted by calumnus View Post
    If not for the injuries and other stuff last year--who knows? This year we simply didnt have enough shooters. Losing Mathews really hurt. I think we were headed in a good direction, but he is gone and I am looking forward. I think he has left a good situation for the next coach.

Yeah. That only is true if Charlie doesn't take a hardship. You should wrap your head around Chauca starting and Don Coleman backing up the point in the Pac-12.

Charlie cant be too happy he didnt play in the second half of the nit.

Quote Originally Posted by oskidunker View Post
    Charlie cant be too happy he didnt play in the second half of the nit.
    That's on Coach Martin, not on Cal.

True but maybe he wont go to missouri with Martin. Or maybe Martin doesnt want him.

Quote Originally Posted by socaltownie View Post
    [/B]

Yeah. That only is true if Charlie doesn't take a hardship. You should wrap your head around Chauca starting and Don Coleman backing up the point in the Pac-12.
    Agreed. Clearly keeping Charlie or bringing in a good PG is the key. The timing with all the open scholarshops is an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by socaltownie View Post
    [/B]

I think more realistic scenario if Moore leaves is Coleman starting and Baker playing some back up PG. With a coach that can hopefully develop a point guard this off season and 1 year of P12 play under his belt, this scenario may not be all that terrible.

Cuonzo is a great recruiter and in college hoops recruiting is *almost* everything. Careful what you wish for.

Quote Originally Posted by SonomaBear View Post
    Cuonzo is a great recruiter
    A highly debatable opinion, as has been pointed out many times...

Quote Originally Posted by south bender View Post
    A highly debatable opinion, as has been pointed out many times...
    If one were to "graph" his recruiting success, there would be a correlation coefficient fairly close to zero.

Quote Originally Posted by SonomaBear View Post
    Cuonzo is a great recruiter and in college hoops recruiting is *almost* everything. Careful what you wish for.
    1 great recruiting class in 9 years does a great recruiter make.