Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NCAA First Round: CAL vs LSU

NCAA First Round: CAL vs LSU

Just checked, and there are no injuries to report; Bears have full squad ready to go.

GO BEARS!

Three games are listed on ESPN2 at 5:30 PM. I hope they show the Cal game. Also, keeping an eye on St. Mary's on CBS (currently leading U of A 8-4) and hopefully our next MBB coach!

If espn2 goes to another game, our game is on espn3.

GO BEARS!!!
    GO BEARS !!!

This team could be so good without the turnovers...but here we are at the end of the season and still stupid giveaways at about a 20 per game clip.
    ~The Bear will not quilt. The Bear will not dye.~

This game shouldn't be close, but not separating could cost in the end.

And so many are self-inflicted. At half, Bears have 10 TOs, and LSU only has one steal.

Will LSU keep missing? While warming up for the 2nd half, they only took jumpers, and were hitting most of them. We'll see...

Quote Originally Posted by blungld View Post
    This game shouldn't be close, but not separating could cost in the end.
    You see no positives? Geesh. Cal up 6 and Anigwe has ONLY 2 points. Asha Thomas 12 points - all 3's!!

Quote Originally Posted by pearbear View Post
    Just checked, and there are no injuries to report; Bears have full squad ready to go.
    You mean our coach isn't out interviewing somewhere else, and is actually trying to win the game?

That's a refreshing change!

Quote Originally Posted by SFCALBear72 View Post
    You see no positives? Geesh. Cal up 6 and Anigwe has ONLY 2 points. Asha Thomas 12 points - all 3's!!
    I didn't say there were no positives. I said the game shouldn't be close. It shouldn't be...and now the end of game fade is starting. This team just refuses to learn and it's really frustrating to watch.

I would love to see this team play with composure against Baylor and just see if we can give them a game.

Wow! After LSU picked up the intensity we used the last drop in our tank and matched them. Kristine with a critical block and 7 of 7 from the line! Asha with 6 of 9 threes!

Worries: We got out-rebounded by a much smaller team and Mikayla alone had 12 turnovers. Not to mention Baylor winning 119-30.

Pac-12 goes 7 for 7!

Well I, for one, enjoyed the game, despite any frustrating elements.

Who saw round of 32 coming a few weeks ago?

This is still a flawed team and I think the temptation is there to think they're better than they are right now.

The team took baby steps forward this year and only losing Courtney next year, I expect the improvement to continue.

I am excited by the win, but had hoped we would see pre-season Cal tonight. We were so much more gifted, talented, and long than LSU and only our panicked carelessness with the ball kept it close.