Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: NCAA First Round: CAL vs LSU

really good to get a win in the NCAA, especially after being on the bubble
    pac 12 really good this year, with everyone advancing

really happy for the team, especially senior Courtney
    I dont need easy, I need possible. Jorge Gutierrez

It is hard to really jump when Courtney scores 2 points.

By the way, Brown went out and only played 6 minutes. She seemed to be walking OK. Does anyone know what happened to her.

Just a small bruise.

She should play vs. Baylor.

i'm pretty sure courtney is playing hurt

Quote Originally Posted by wvitbear View Post
    It is hard to really jump when Courtney scores 2 points.

I am very happy that we beat LSU and advanced to the round of 32, specially the way we have played the last few weeks.

Next, we play Baylor in Waco. It is going to take a miracle for us to win. Even keeping the game close will not be easy.

I believe a couple of years ago (when we had seniors Brittany Boyd and Roshenda Gray), we had to play Baylor in Waco in the round of 32 and they beat us by double digit. Let's hope the results will be different this year.

Go Bears!

Great win, good job by Asha Thomas and the coaching staff. Getting to the tournament and winning a game is the mark of a good season, so congrats to all.
    Oṃ Tāre Tuttāre Ture Svāhā

Quote Originally Posted by ClayK View Post
    Great win, good job by Asha Thomas and the coaching staff. Getting to the tournament and winning a game is the mark of a good season, so congrats to all.
    I agree with Clay. Congrats to the Bears!

I felt that Coach G called two very timely TOs near the end of the game.
    LSU was starting to bother them and speed them up with their traps/presses, and Coach recognized that and called the TOs to settle the team down

Also I give our coaches credit for good short-notice preparation.

Quote Originally Posted by stu View Post
    Also I give our coaches credit for good short-notice preparation.
    I was at a wedding in SLO on a farm and could not get video and only could get sporadic Twitter updates. Sounded like a good start (a good sign of good prep). Someone tweeted that LSU was shooting mid range jumpers in the warmups for the second half so be aware of what they were going to focus on. Pretty nerve wracking toward the end but it sounded like they played with poise at the end. This was a huge win in many ways.

Way to go Bears gutting that one out, we would fall under the pressure in the past.
    Sue Bird made a good observation: we gotta stop relying on the lob pass.
    Cowling had an unprecedented amount of turnovers in this game (mostly forcing the lob) luckily LSU didn't convert a lot of those in to points.
    Courtney has not looked like herself for awhile...looks hesitant at times (would prefer to pass the ball) to shoot. I'm glad team is moving on to give her another game before she closes out her college career.

True Blue Golden Bear
    [QUOTE=85 Fly;842822708]
    Sue Bird made a good observation: we gotta stop relying on the lob pass.
    Cowl
    [/QUOTE

Maybe coach G will take advice from a superstAR but many people on this board have said the same thing. It can be one of the plays in our offense but not the predominant offensive play.