Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: CIF regional finals

CIF regional finals

In the Open division, #1 Clovis West beat #2 Long Beach Poly, 53-44 and will play the winner of #1 Mitty and #7 Cardinal Newman, who play at 6 at Mitty.

In D1, #2 McClatchey beat #4 Oak Ridge, 46-34 in the North. In the South, #1 Windward blew out #3 Ventura, 61-43.

In D2, #1 Vanden beat #2 Miramonte in a hard-fought 66-65 game at Vanden today. Miramonte was up 5 late but gave up too many second or third chance buckets in the end. Blackshell-Fair had a great 2nd half and ended up with 25. She'll play for Houston next year. Vanden will play SoCal #2 Mater Dei in the state finals, who beat #1 Orangewood Academcy, 50-39.

In D3, #2 Campolindo plays #4 St Mary's in Moraga at 6 in the North. In the South, #1 Rosary Academy will play #6 Serra at 6.

In D4, #1 West Campus will play #2 St. Joe's at 6. In the South, #1 Los Osos will play #3 Village Academy at 6.

In D5, #1 Eastside College Prep will play #2 Woodside Priory at 6. In the South, #3 Bellarmine Jefferson will play #5 Rolling Hills Prep at 7

In the NorCal Division 6 final, #1 Fall River beat #3 Loyalton.

41-20 at half Mitty. Jim you in my hood?
    Holland leads all scores with 14 at half.
    61-31 all Mitty..Coach Sue may go deep into the bench today!
    Last edited by DLSbear; 03-18-2017 at 06:22 PM.

No, had to help work Campo's Beauty and the Beast musical my son's in.

Campo pulled away for a 78-56 win over St. Mary's in a game that just ended.

Quote Originally Posted by MoragaBear View Post
    No, had to help work Campo's Beauty and the Beast musical my son's in.

Campo pulled away for a 78-56 win over St. Mary's in a game that just ended.
    Ok have fun! Nice win for Campo! Let me know if you go to Sac next week and I'll text you. I'll be out there. Mitty up 30. 2:30 left in this game

78-54 Mitty. Final. What can I say? Mitty's squad is firing in all cylinders. Full court pressure was lethal. CN could not break the pres resulting in a wad of points on turnovers...
    Gameball to Holland!

I'll probably go out there Friday for the D3 and D1 games but have to work the musical on Saturday for 2 shows.

Let me know if you go out Friday.

When did they start playing the Northern Cal finals on the home court of one of their teams. They use to play those games in Sacramento on a neutral court.

This year.

Didn't work out well for Miramonte. That was probably the difference in the game.

Updates:

In the Open division, #1 Clovis West beat #2 Long Beach Poly, 53-44 and will play North #1 Mitty, who beat Cardinal Newman, 78-54.

In D1, #2 McClatchey beat #4 Oak Ridge, 46-34 in the North. In the South, #1 Windward blew out #3 Ventura, 61-43.

In D2, #1 Vanden beat #2 Miramonte in a hard-fought 66-65 game at Vanden today. Miramonte was up 5 late but gave up too many second or third chance buckets in the end. Blackshell-Fair had a great 2nd half and ended up with 25. She'll play for Houston next year. Vanden will play SoCal #2 Mater Dei in the state finals, who beat #1 Orangewood Academcy, 50-39.

In D3, #2 Campolindo pulled away from St Mary's, 78-56. Campo will play South #1 Rosary Academy, who beat Serra, 63-43.

In D4, #1 West Campus crushed #2 St. Joes's by 30. They'll play South #1 Los Osos, who beat Village Academy, 52-43

In D5, #1 Eastside College Prep beat #2 Woodside Priory, 66-58. In the South, #3 Bellarmine-Jefferson beat #5 Rolling Hills, by a very similar 68-56 score.

In the NorCal Division 6 final, #1 Fall River beat #3 Loyalton.

Quote Originally Posted by MoragaBear View Post
    I'll probably go out there Friday for the D3 and D1 games but have to work the musical on Saturday for 2 shows.

Let me know if you go out Friday.
    I'll text you!

Sac-Joaquin has 3 entrants to state, CCS has 2 teams & NCS 1 representative.

The Monarchs were up 78-44 but emptied the bench late. CN scored the final ten points. What an Open Division title game: Clovis West vs Archbishop Mitty. Can't wait!

Btw, Eastside College Prep has no seniors on their 12 player roster. Go Northern California!

Cograts goes out to Mitty, McClatchy, Vanden and West Campus, wishing you all bring back state championship trophy to NorCal.

I'm going take the opportunity to attend NCAA Women's Sweet 16 in Stockton this weekend, so I'm going to tape the State finals... Sweet 16 in my backyard gotta jump on that!-Lol

@Clay- Taking into consideration Vanden's run last year and this year winning section and Norcal, do you think they will be placed in Open next year? Also, if ECP does it again, in your opinion do they need to get outtta D5? Similar to CN can't go back to D4 (although I recognize this year they were in Open)...
    Last edited by 85 Fly; 03-20-2017 at 12:27 PM.

Vanden loses Julia Blackshell-Fair, their best player and the difference in the game. But at some point, one would think the continuing string of 25-win seasons would result in a trip to the Open. That said, though, only three teams from SJS have ever played in the Open: St. Mary's, Brookside and Sacramento. Either the folks who advocate for SJS in these meetings are doing a very good job in keeping them out of the Open, or a poor job of lobbying for their quality.

If CIF holds true to its plan, then all the NorCal teams that qualify for NorCals will be on the table for divisional assignments. The top eight, presumably, go Open, regardless of criteria or enrollment, and then the next 16 are Division I, regardless of size, and so on down the line.

I would think, then, that teams like Eastside, West Campus, Vanden, and so on will all be Division I, with teams like Mitty, SMS, Campolindo and others being Open. But you never know ... the plan could change, or injuries could drop a team way down that we expect to be good.
    Oṃ Tāre Tuttāre Ture Svāhā

^^^ I think the criteria should be if you have back-to-back runs at sections and/or State championships then D1, but not after winning just 1. That's why I say if ECP pulls it off again next week, then they need to be challenged next season.

Along with the new CIF rules there should be Open category for section run for all-SJS,NCS etc.