Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: CIF regional finals

Those who have Xfinity/Comcast you can record CIF State Championship games CSN channel (for me Channel 36).
    Got my recorder set up (missing HS State Champ games for the first time in eight years-Lol), I'm going to the Sweet 16 at Stockton Arena Sat!

I will be at Golden1 both days, somewhere in the press area (don't know how they do it there) ... come by and say hi if you're around.
    Oṃ Tāre Tuttāre Ture Svāhā

IMHO - This year's Windward girls team is the best high school team I've seen in years. Open, one, five, whatever division you watch

They lost to Long Beach Poly by 82 to 56.

And LBP lost to Clovis West... twice...

Which shows how good Clovis West really is. There's a reason Clovis West is No. 7 in the country and Windward has not sniffed a national rankings.

Windward is one of many very good but not great SoCal teams this year -- but easily could knock off McClatchy. I would expect Mater Dei to win Division II, but Campolindo might be able to take of Rosary (though I remember playing against Rosary in the Nike TOC several years ago and losing in OT to a very well-coached team that punched above its weight).
    Oṃ Tāre Tuttāre Ture Svāhā

Quote Originally Posted by ClayK View Post
    Which shows how good Clovis West really is. There's a reason Clovis West is No. 7 in the country and Windward has not sniffed a national rankings.
    Exactly.. heck maybe 2100MLK hasn't seen many high school teams in recent years, or any this year. If they don't make the open division then I can name at least 8 teams that are better

I watched Clovis West take Mitty to OT in HI and they certainly are a formidable team! I have not seen Clovis West play since the preseason tournament so I can't speak for how much they have improved (which I am sure they have) I have seen Mitty throughout the year and they are IMHO firing in all cylinders with 0 letdown from their 6th -9th players coming off the bench. Should be a great weekend in Sac! Go Monarchs!

Quote Originally Posted by DLSbear View Post
    I watched Clovis West take Mitty to OT in HI and they certainly are a formidable team! I have not seen Clovis West play since the preseason tournament so I can't speak for how much they have improved (which I am sure they have) I have seen Mitty throughout the year and they are IMHO firing in all cylinders with 0 letdown from their 6th -9th players coming off the bench. Should be a great weekend in Sac! Go Monarchs!
    And mitty was up by 9 going into the 4th. I don't see them letting a late lead like that go at this point in the season (if they can get it to that point obviously).. its always tough to bet against the monarchs in march!!

Saw both mitty and Clovis West play in February at Stockton. They are both really good teams. Should be a barn burner.

Quote Originally Posted by wvitbear View Post
    Saw both mitty and Clovis West play in February at Stockton. They are both really good teams. Should be a barn burner.
    Did Clovis West even play anyone good in the month of February??

Or did you mean January when they got waxed by Centenial?

http://www.maxpreps.com/games/girls-...PPGRvookmA.htm

Mitty won the overtime game in Hawaii! I watched the game, too. Haley Jones stepped up in OT. Krissy Miyahara hit 8 threes for 24 points during regulation...
    Last edited by Schroeder71; 03-23-2017 at 02:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ClayK View Post

Windward is one of many very good but not great SoCal teams this year -- but easily could knock off McClatchy. I would expect Mater Dei to win Division II, but Campolindo might be able to take of Rosary (though I remember playing against Rosary in the Nike TOC several years ago and losing in OT to a very well-coached team that punched above its weight).

Mitty vs Clovis is a pickem to me... good luck to both.

I will be pleasantly surprised if McClatchy beats Windward. I still remember that 12/13 team Coach Nygaard had: Canada (UCLA), Jaco, Simon (USC) ,they were nationally ranked Top 25, those girls were bad!

Vanden will have to play a perfect game to beat Mater Dei eventhough MD is rebuilding (not the MD of old), I still think they can pull it out.

They lost to Centennial of Nevada . I think they are the number 4 team in the US. And probably equally as good asz Clovis West or Mitty. That day, of Mitty, Clovis and Centennial---Centennial looked like the best team there.