Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: News by the end of the week?

News by the end of the week?

Except for Joe Pasternack I don't think we have any other rumored candidates still dancing (correct?). People think we will get news this week? And do folks know if we are or are not in dead period (I am thinking not because "He who is dead to us" offered the PG he had previously offered. Or maybe you can do that if you don't actually talk to them?

Thinking that it may be around time of Final Four -- as it may be easier to interview coaching candidates in one place (Phoenix) as the FF is a college BB coaching 'convention' of sorts....

Real Bear
    East of Tomales Bay; west of Eagle Lake; south of Sauvie Island; north of Pismo Beach
    There was a plan in place and this change was anticipated and well thought out before Coach Martin and AD Williams announced the change last week. Believe me when I say there is a decision on the selection of the new Mens' basketball coach, and an offer has been made and agreed to. It is being processed through administrative channels as this is written. Expect a formal announcement sometime in mid-June...2017.

Edit: The new coach has coached in Hawaii.
    Last edited by joe yaks; 03-20-2017 at 07:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by joe yaks View Post
    There was a plan in place and this change was anticipated and well thought out before Coach Martin and AD Williams announced the change last week. Believe me when I say there is a decision on the selection of the new Mens' basketball coach, and an offer has been made and agreed to. It is being processed through administrative channels as this is written. Expect a formal announcement sometime in mid-June...2017.
    Nice. And a signed contract by June 2109 ?

If the offer is being processed now, why would the announcement have to wait till June? Maybe an NBA guy? Would that be detrimental to keeping out recruits intact?

Real Bear
    East of Tomales Bay; west of Eagle Lake; south of Sauvie Island; north of Pismo Beach
    Well, it's easy to be critical when UDub moved so fast and swept up their successor to Coach Romar, but remember their choice is not still playing basketball in March. After uOFa/uO/Ucla wins the silver cup ten days from now AD Williams will go public and hint in his bombastic leadership way. Hold on to your hats!
    Last edited by joe yaks; 03-20-2017 at 08:01 AM.

"his bombastic leadership way."

http://www.hawaiinewsnow.com/story/2...al-hawaii-ties

I assume this is what you meant .
    A lifetime of suffering as a Cal fan.

hint?

Quote Originally Posted by stu View Post
    Ummm....
    The Head guy would qualify as a candidate for sure. Not the Assistant.

Quote Originally Posted by DrDanger View Post
    Ummm....
    Just messing with you all.

Also "has coached in Hawaii" could include the coach of any visiting team which played a game in the state, like the Maui Invitational.

So I'm sure, then, that Cal won't be asking for my basketball season renewal until AFTER the announcement has been made, right? Right?

Real Bear
    Quote Originally Posted by 91Gypo View Post
    Interesting, but no.

Real Bear
    Quote Originally Posted by OldenBear View Post
    So I'm sure, then, that Cal won't be asking for my basketball season renewal until AFTER the announcement has been made, right? Right?

Always sustain Cal.

Cheer up face
    The war is past
    The "H" is out
    Of shave
    At last.

--Burma-Shave

True Blue Golden Bear KoreAmBear's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DrDanger View Post
    Ummm....
    Yes Eran Ganot would be a fantastic hire.