Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 36

Thread: News by the end of the week?

  1. #16
    we are cal. we have administrative problems. we have money problems. what else is new ?

  2. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by KoreAmBear View Post
    Yes Eran Ganot would be a fantastic hire.
    According to Ganot, UH is is dream job. Would be hard to pull him away.

    http://www.hawaiiathletics.com/news/...409152735.aspx

  3. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by GoCalBears View Post
    According to Ganot, UH is is dream job. Would be hard to pull him away.

    http://www.hawaiiathletics.com/news/...409152735.aspx
    A lot coaches say that about their current job.

  4. #19
    "This is my dream job," is the fourth great lie in the world.

  5. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by joe yaks View Post
    Always sustain Cal.

    Cheer up face
    The war is past
    The "H" is out
    Of shave
    At last.

    --Burma-Shave
    Seems like a riddle.

  6. #21
    Princeton coach?

    Quote Originally Posted by stu View Post
    Just messing with you all.

    Also "has coached in Hawaii" could include the coach of any visiting team which played a game in the state, like the Maui Invitational.
    I dont need easy, I need possible. Jorge Gutierrez

  7. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by joe yaks View Post
    Edit: The new coach has coached in Hawaii.
    But has he played in hawaii too?

  8. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by KoreAmBear View Post
    Yes Eran Ganot would be a fantastic hire.
    Ganot was one of the first coaches that came to mind as a replacement when Martin left. Did a fantastic job his first year and a great job keeping UH competitive this past season despite looming sanctions and massive player attrition.

    I do think he would be a sneaky good hire (especially given that he was an assistant at SMC so he has East Bay ties) but he might not create the buzz that the Cal brass could be looking for with this hire.

  9. #24
    True Blue Golden Bear KoreAmBear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Somewhere along the Ko`olau Summit Trail
    Posts
    29,133
    Quote Originally Posted by FrankCohen View Post
    Ganot was one of the first coaches that came to mind as a replacement when Martin left. Did a fantastic job his first year and a great job keeping UH competitive this past season despite looming sanctions and massive player attrition.

    I do think he would be a sneaky good hire (especially given that he was an assistant at SMC so he has East Bay ties) but he might not create the buzz that the Cal brass could be looking for with this hire.
    The only worry is whether he can recruit. He was using Gib Arnold's recruits to make the NCAA run last season. Gib could definitely recruit. He was a bit shady, but he could recruit. Ganot though seems to be more on the Monty side (at least Monty v. 2.0 with us). He's an excellent Xs and Os guy, and gets the team to max out its abilities. So it all comes down to what we want, what do we want in cost/benefit, and can we please win 2 games in the NCAAs more than once every 20 years?

  10. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopDreams View Post
    Princeton coach?
    Hmm, Mitch Henderson would actually be a very interesting hire. Has had quite a bit of success at Princeton (his alma mater). Was an assistant at Northwestern before taking the Princeton job so he has worked exclusively at academically elite schools. One issue might be a lack of West Coast ties. Definitely would take him over some of the names being mentioned, though.

  11. #26
    Unless it is Kicker Joe, I would hope we hear something by the end of the week.

  12. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff82 View Post
    "This is my dream job," is the fourth great lie in the world.
    "Why not Cal" Counzo Martin

  13. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by petalumabear View Post
    "Why not Cal" Counzo Martin
    He found out why not....

  14. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by DrDanger View Post
    He found out why not....
    I forgot to put the answer to the question....

    Why not? $3 million reasons...

  15. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by petalumabear View Post
    I forgot to put the answer to the question....

    Why not? $3 million reasons...
    And now Season of Love will be Stuck in my mind for the entire rest of the evening. Since turn around is fair play.


    3 million, Five hundred thousand, Seven Years Solid
    3 million, Five hundred thousand, Seven Years, oh so sweet


    3 million, Five hundred thousand, Seven Years Solid
    How do you measure - measure Mizzu?

    In Yellow- in Tigers
    In Homeboys - in Cal is back somewhere
    In Dads hired- in rebounds
    In Frees throws - so many missed

    3 million, Five hundred thousand, Seven Years Solid
    How do you measure
    Three years gone by

    Why Not now Cal?
    Why Not now Cal?
    Why Not now Cal?
    Always attack. (except on monday of NIT week when you really would like to move on and some broadway show stolen from Puccini is "keeping you down")



    Read more: RENT - Seasons Of Love Lyrics | MetroLyrics

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •