Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Relevant Football Thread: McMorris earns scholarship

My candidates for best Cal FB walk-on have already been mentioned (was going to add Fujita but GHB beat me to it).

But another good one was OL Aaron Merz from the great 2003-2005 O-lines. If you read his Wikipedia, it sounds like he's done some really admirable stuff after his 1 year in the NFL. 39 on the Wonderlic ain't bad either.

Quote Originally Posted by OneKeg View Post
    My candidates for best Cal FB walk-on have already been mentioned (was going to add Fujita but GHB beat me to it).

But another good one was OL Aaron Merz from the great 2003-2005 O-lines. If you read his Wikipedia, it sounds like he's done some really admirable stuff after his 1 year in the NFL. 39 on the Wonderlic ain't bad either.
    Scott Fujita

Chidi Ahonatu -- another Cal walk-on to NFL All-Pro

Iheani Uwaezuoke

Chad Hanson

All names mentioned are on offense. Not too many walk-on contributors on defense. Mcgrath was a DB but his biggest contribution was on special teams. The only others I can think of were Griffin Piatt and the DLman during the Holmoe era who's name escapes me at the moment.

+1 That TD was great.

True Blue Golden Bear KoreAmBear's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by grandmastapoop View Post
    He didn't say those guys didn't deserve it, or deserved it less. He said no one else deserved it MORE, which allows for ties in who the contest of who was most deserving, and also calls into question why someone need be so pedantic as to quibble with a congratulatory, if perhaps hyperbolic, comment to one of our players.
    A very lawyerly response GMP. Proud of you my man. I'm getting verklempt.

Quote Originally Posted by KoreAmBear View Post
    A very lawyerly response GMP. Proud of you my man. I'm getting verklempt.
    Well, an intentional run-on that I used for intended comedic effect isn't exactly lawyerly (at least, not good lawyerly). But, thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by hanky1 View Post
    All names mentioned are on offense. Not too many walk-on contributors on defense. Mcgrath was a DB but his biggest contribution was on special teams. The only others I can think of were Griffin Piatt and the DLman during the Holmoe era who's name escapes me at the moment.
    Scott Fujita and Chidi Ahanotu, both mentioned above, were defensive standouts, both at Cal and in the NFL.