Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Relevant Football Thread: McMorris earns scholarship

True Blue Golden Bear NYCGOBEARS's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 71Bear View Post
    Not to denigrate Malik but there have been a lot of guys through the years who richly deserved and earned scholies. Two names come right to mind... Mandarino and McGrath.
    I agree with the points in your post, but I do not believe that you understood the spirit of mine. Malik is an incredible representative of our university, not only for his endeavors on the field, but also because of the way he's overcome adversity with courage, grace, tenacity, hard work and character. All qualities that epitomize the values of Cal and many of its students past and present. Go Bears!

Actually I'm surprised he didn't have one last year. I know he came in without a scholarship, but would have thought he'd be in line for one before this. Every time he touches the ball the people in the stands around me go crazy. No one (and that includes some of our all world talent players like DRob) gets the fans more jazzed when he gets the rock. Love him.

ok, I went and looked at the original tweet. Says he was given an award as the Hoff scholar athlete of the week, but is this really the same thing as getting a scholarship (as the OP suggests?). I must admit, I really did think he got a scholarship last year.

Quote Originally Posted by Sebastabear View Post
    ok, I went and looked at the original tweet. Says he was given an award as the Hoff scholar athlete of the week, but is this really the same thing as getting a scholarship (as the OP suggests?). I must admit, I really did think he got a scholarship last year.
    Reread the last paragraph.

I think he may have had an academic scholie............

I wonder who everyone thinks is the greatest football walk-on in Cal history.

71B brought up 2 good ones. Anyone else think of walk-ons who would be in the running for greatest Cal walk-on ever?

Quote Originally Posted by hanky1 View Post

71B brought up 2 good ones. Anyone else think of walk-ons who would be in the running for greatest Cal walk-on ever?
    Chad Hansen. Stephen Anderson is a stud.
    Last edited by NYCGOBEARS; 03-20-2017 at 05:50 PM.

True Blue Golden Bear going4roses's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NYCGOBEARS View Post
    Chad Hansen. Stephen Anderson is a stud.
    An Nfler and to be Nfler

Malik proud of you as a Mater Dei and Cal student and athlete!

Gary Grauman.

Loyal Bear
    Very nice and, as noted above numerous times, well-deserved. Congratulations to this Golden Bear!

Fair enough. I wish him continued success and a few more TD receptions....

Quote Originally Posted by hanky1 View Post

Doug Brien - he left Cal with more points scored than any player in Cal history.

True Blue Golden Bear
    Scott Fujita was a walk on as well

Baldwin told us at the LA recruiting event that Malik was going to get a scholarship but we had to keep it quiet. Congrats to Malik!