Thread: Will Wade

Will Wade

Is he being considered? Currently he's HC @ VCU. Was assistant at Clemson, Harvard and VCU, then HC at Chattanooga for two seasons before HC at VCU. "In Wade’s four years as an assistant coach, VCU was 111–37 (.750) with three straight trips to the NCAA Tournament." according to Wiki.

He's on the short list for LSU.

Southerner who is destined to be an ACC or SEC coach. Will be a major screw up by Clemson if he goes to LSU. Clemson is awash in cash and Brownell isn't getting it done.

Wade's like the kicker with zero baggage and a solid mid-major track record. Wade may not have Dabo's ceiling, but Clemson doesn't want an alum getting established in the SEC either.

Quote Originally Posted by BearDevil View Post
    Southerner who is destined to be an ACC or SEC coach. Will be a major screw up by Clemson if he goes to LSU. Clemson is awash in cash and Brownell isn't getting it done.

Wade's like the kicker with zero baggage and a solid mid-major track record. Wade may not have Dabo's ceiling, but Clemson doesn't want an alum getting established in the SEC either.
    If I was Wade, I wouldn't take either of those jobs. UNC is coming open and they have no obvious replacement (maybe Haase if things go well for him at Furd). Wade can keep winning at VCU until better jobs comes open.

Quote Originally Posted by tsubamoto2001 View Post
    If I was Wade, I wouldn't take either of those jobs. UNC is coming open and they have no obvious replacement (maybe Haase if things go well for him at Furd). Wade can keep winning at VCU until better jobs comes open.
    Before last week, the three most likely next ACC coaches were Hopkins, Kevin Keatts, and Wade. NC State hiring Keatts was a (mini) coup. Potentially takes a promising young coach away from UNC.

Syracuse and UNC (Haase, Hubert Davis, and CB McGrath) now have shaky succession pipelines. Duke has a decent situation with Collins and Capel. Think Collins would be a better choice, but consensus still with Capel. Collins has a good situation and can sit tight until it all shakes out at Duke.

Gates' name occasionally pops up as a future ACC HC, but he's considered a much longer term play than the aforementioned and for much lower ACC programs.

Real Bear
    Just hired at LSU.

Quote Originally Posted by tsubamoto2001 View Post
    Wade to LSU for a 6-year deal. Meanwhile at California....