Thread: Oregon beats Duke at Duke

Oregon beats Duke at Duke

Big upset. Led the whole game.

Stanford throttled KSU. Best I have seen them play this year.

Ducks are waaay ahead of schedule.

Go Pac-12!

Sweet 16 for the Ducks ! UO (#10 seed) was up by 14 in the fourth quarter and Duke rallied to cut the lead down to 5 points. Oregon made their free throws and won by 9 points. IMO-biggest upset in the NCAA Women's Tournament so far. Wow!

And the biggest almost-upset was ASU coming so close to beating #1 seed South Carolina.

Quote Originally Posted by Schroeder71 View Post
    Sweet 16 for the Ducks ! UO (#10 seed) was up by 14 in the fourth quarter and Duke rallied to cut the lead down to 5 points. Oregon made their free throws and won by 9 points. IMO-biggest upset in the NCAA Women's Tournament so far. Wow!

Duke was 17-0 at home this year. Correction: (Oregon) Ionescu made her free throws at the end after missing two.

Quinnipiac (#12 seed) upset #4 Miami by 7 points and is off to the Sweet Sixteen.

That makes 2 teams from Connecticut in the Sweet 16 along with 5 Pac 12 Teams. 5 (of 7) teams from Pac 12 in NCAA Sweet 16 and 2 (of 3) teams from the Pac 12 in WNIT Sweet 16.

Duke's starting PG, sophomore Kyra Lambert (a top 10 recruit who started last year as a freshman, too) went down in the 1st round and did not play against Oregon. Great win for Oregon, but obviously Duke was very hampered.

Oregon freshman 6'4" Ruthy Hebard averaging 14.9 ppg with 60.5 FG% and 8.7 rpg in 27mpg.

I know MoragaBear said there was contact between LG and Hebard. Could we not have gone hard after both? Hebard is pretty close to being the top freshman in the country for scoring and rebounding ( =1st for rebound and =1st out of top 100 recruits in scoring). Pretty great.

Quote Originally Posted by kat0189 View Post
    Oregon freshman 6'4" Ruthy Hebard averaging 14.9 ppg with 60.5 FG% and 8.7 rpg in 27mpg.

I know MoragaBear said there was contact between LG and Hebard. Could we not have gone hard after both? Hebard is pretty close to being the top freshman in the country for scoring and rebounding ( =1st for rebound and =1st out of top 100 recruits in scoring). Pretty great.
    Who would know to recruit a player from Alaska seriously? Wildcard that obviously payed off because no one looks at Alaska to recruit high school players. No one thinks of Alaska and basketball
    Last edited by GOLDEN; 03-21-2017 at 11:52 AM.

She was ranked highly i9n national rankings.

Quote Originally Posted by wvitbear View Post
    She was ranked highly i9n national rankings.
    Definitely highly ranked and highly recruited by top programs. She was more highly rated and more highly recruited than our recruits that year. No surprise that she is doing well.

Oregon got a good one to take Alleyne's spot. A power forward like Hebard would really help us next season.