Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Oregon is about to knock off Maryland

Quote Originally Posted by OBear073akaSMFan View Post
    Players take into consideration style of play and coaching to determine if it is a good for them. I really think that is what it came down to for Sabrina.
    Geno talking about Sabrina. "She has a game that is older than she is..."

https://twitter.com/Jon_Hawthorne/st...65198603669506

Oregon's train crashed into UConn 90-52. A turnover deficit of 22 to 6 will do that to you. But congratulations are due, that was a great ride!

Quote Originally Posted by stu View Post
    Oregon's train crashed into UConn 90-52. A turnover deficit of 22 to 6 will do that to you. But congratulations are due, that was a great ride!
    17 turnovers in the first half -- that tops even Cal's 14 season "record" high vs Baylor.... Embarrassing. At least Cal players threw theirs out of bounds; OR passed theirs right to UConn defenders like they were colorblind.

Guess Graves forgot how to coach and should be fired immediately.

I'll take Graves and Oregon's season result any day. Along with Ucla and Furd, Oregon will be really good again next year and their future is bright. Not so sure about the Bears. We'll see if our coaching staff can find some offense not named Anigwe before she graduates. What's more embarrassing than 17 turnovers in a half is having game commentators ripping your offensive strategy on national TV AND knowing they are right.

Quote Originally Posted by GOCAL73 View Post
    I'll take Graves and Oregon's season result any day. Along with Ucla and Furd, Oregon will be really good again next year and their future is bright. Not so sure about the Bears. We'll see if our coaching staff can find some offense not named Anigwe before she graduates. What's more embarrassing than 17 turnovers in a half is having game commentators ripping your offensive strategy on national TV AND knowing they are right.
    Commenting on our offense, Sue Bird said, "I've never seen anything like it". You mean that wasn't a compliment?

Quote Originally Posted by GOCAL73 View Post
    Oregon finished their season 23-14 (8-10 conference). We finished 20-14 (6-12 conference). If we won the games we could have won (1st ASU game, 1st Oregon game, Utah, WSU, Utah, Colorado), we would have finished 26-8 (12-6 conference). If we can just make a few improvements in offense and defense, we should be better than Oregon (and Washington) next year.

Quote Originally Posted by GATC View Post
    Oregon finished their season 23-14 (8-10 conference). We finished 20-14 (6-12 conference). If we won the games we could have won (1st ASU game, 1st Oregon game, Utah, WSU, Utah, Colorado), we would have finished 26-8 (12-6 conference). If we can just make a few improvements in offense and defense, we should be better than Oregon (and Washington) next year.
    That's a lot of "ifs". Most basketball teams would have better records had they only won the games their fans think they should have won. I do agree UW will drop down and we may hang with them. However, Oregon is very young and are getting better every game. They will be good next year for sure (unless they lose their key players). Cal has lots to improve to be a top tier team. Offense and turnovers come immediately to mind. Also, 3 point shooting and free throws. Playing smart would really help too. The right coaching (assistant or HC) change could really help the game-day coaching. So, I guess if they improved in all those areas we could hang with Oregon, Furd and ucla next season. Would be awesome! But, not holding my breath. I'll be there though, as always. Go Bears!

I think Washington and OSU will be worse next year. Agree that Stanford, Oregon, and UCLA will be better. Team to watch out for might be WSU.

Quote Originally Posted by wvitbear View Post
    I think Washington and OSU will be worse next year. Agree that Stanford, Oregon, and UCLA will be better. Team to watch out for might be WSU.

Where do you put Utah in all of this? Any one care to take a stab on ranking the P-12 this early yet. Agree with you that Washington and OSU will be trending down.

IMHO Cal will be significantly improved, maybe to the level of UCLA and ASU this season.

Quote Originally Posted by stu View Post
    IMHO Cal will be significantly improved, maybe to the level of UCLA and ASU this season.
    I seem to recall UCLA was recruiting well but struggling until their top recruits got more experience...

Quote Originally Posted by LegoBear View Post
    I seem to recall UCLA was recruiting well but struggling until their top recruits got more experience...
    I think that most of us can agree that there should at least be no more excuses. We should be top four minimum with this roster versus those of other teams.

Quote Originally Posted by GOLDEN View Post
    Where do you put Utah in all of this? Any one care to take a stab on ranking the P-12 this early yet. Agree with you that Washington and OSU will be trending down.
    This is the final conference standings with the Pac12 coach's prediction before the season started in ( ). What is not obvious when you look at this is that the bottom 6 teams are only separated by 1 game:

1 Oregon State (5)
    2t Stanford (2)
    2t Washington (3)
    4 UCLA (1)
    5 Arizona State (4)
    6 Oregon (7)
    7t Cal (6)
    7t Washington State (10)
    9t Utah (8)
    9t USC (9)
    9t Colorado (11)
    9t Arizona (12)

Oregon State did better than predicted and UCLA did worse than predicted by the Pac12 coaches poll

The following is a 4 year average of conference standings with the standings for the 4 years in ( ):

1.3 Oregon State (2t, 1, 1t, 1)
    2.3 Stanford (1, 3t, 3t, 2t)
    3.0 Arizona State (4t, 2, 1t, 5)
    4.3 Washington (5, 5, 5, 2t)
    5.3 UCLA (8, 6, 3t, 4)
    5.5 Cal (2t, 3t, 10, 7t)
    7.0 USC 4t, 7t, 8, 9t)
    7.5 Washington State (7, 7t, 9, 7t)
    7.5 Oregon (9t, 9t, 6, 6)
    9.5 Utah (11, 11t, 7, 9t)
    9.8 Colorado (9t, 9t, 12, 9t)
    10.8 Arizona (12, 11t, 11, 9t)

Tough conference.

Quote Originally Posted by GATC View Post
    This is the final conference standings with the Pac12 coach's prediction before the season started in ( ). What is not obvious when you look at this is that the bottom 6 teams are only separated by 1 game:

1 Oregon State (5)
    2t Stanford (2)
    2t Washington (3)
    4 UCLA (1)
    5 Arizona State (4)
    6 Oregon (7)
    7t Cal (6)
    7t Washington State (10)
    9t Utah (8)
    9t USC (9)
    9t Colorado (11)
    9t Arizona (12)

Oregon State did better than predicted and UCLA did worse than predicted by the Pac12 coaches poll

The following is a 4 year average of conference standings with the standings for the 4 years in ( ):

1.3 Oregon State (2t, 1, 1t, 1)
    2.3 Stanford (1, 3t, 3t, 2t)
    3.0 Arizona State (4t, 2, 1t, 5)
    4.3 Washington (5, 5, 5, 2t)
    5.3 UCLA (8, 6, 3t, 4)
    5.5 Cal (2t, 3t, 10, 7t)
    7.0 USC 4t, 7t, 8, 9t)
    7.5 Washington State (7, 7t, 9, 7t)
    7.5 Oregon (9t, 9t, 6, 6)
    9.5 Utah (11, 11t, 7, 9t)
    9.8 Colorado (9t, 9t, 12, 9t)
    10.8 Arizona (12, 11t, 11, 9t)

Tough conference.
    I think it would be interesting to see concurrent rankings for next year by someone of: 1) Talent on each roster; and 2) Ability of a team's coaching staff to optimize that talent. This could be the best guide to where teams should end up (based on talent available) versus where they may actually end up (based on quality of the coaching). In other words, which teams will likely overachieve versus which teams will likely underachieve?

Quote Originally Posted by annarborbear View Post
    I think it would be interesting to see concurrent rankings for next year by someone of: 1) Talent on each roster; and 2) Ability of a team's coaching staff to optimize that talent. This could be the best guide to where teams should end up (based on talent available) versus where they may actually end up (based on quality of the coaching). In other words, which teams will likely overachieve versus which teams will likely underachieve?
    What is yours? And what was it for 2016-17?